Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Wardsville, MO
Wardsville, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Wardsville, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Wardsville, MO. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of friendship and thrill. However, too many other drivers on the Wardsville, MO roads either don't pay enough attention to motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of doubt. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, trust in the Wardsville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to help you get your life back on track. Our diligence and client-centered approach will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Wardsville, MO today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a free case review. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Wardsville, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no upfront costs, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we win your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury claims in Wardsville, MO:
Wardsville, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
In the United States, in 2020 motorcycle crashes caused 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, there were 2,177 motorcycle accidents, resulting in 1,658 injuries and 118 fatalities, based on research compiled in the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In St. Louis City and St. Louis County alone, there were 321 crashes, which caused 240 injuries and 9 deaths.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle accidents, which lead to 2,404 injuries, 867 serious injuries and 152 fatalities.
Other Wardsville, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are startling, but|a deeper study into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles make up only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of total injuries, according to the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 37 percent effective in preventing motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illuminating why motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some motorists have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the lion's share of bikers practice safety tips. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't pay attention or don't want to share the road. If you were hurt because another Wardsville, MO driver was negligent, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best possible financial recovery.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Wardsville, MO?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of motor vehicle accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over three-tenths of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because motorcycles have less of a base than other vehicles, they are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as ruts in the road, inclement weather, potholes, and signs that limit visibility. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the at-fault party may be a government entity or construction company.
Almost half of of motorcycle accidents that result in death occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are scanning for cars, but don't register motorcycles at cars.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle crash deaths had speeding as a contributing factor. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, another culprit is passenger car drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as passenger cars, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like rolling off the throttle, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to slow down in time.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Wardsville, MO?
Most are looking to hire a personal injury before have never been in a situation like this before, and are unsure how to go about filing a claim and whether the insurance company is being fair. A Halvorsen Klote Wardsville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will help your case by:
- Carrying out a full investigation into your claimin order to gather valuable evidence and identify all liable parties. We use our legal knowledge and network of Wardsville, MO collision experts to ascertain the precise cause of your injuries.
- Providing you with sound legal advice as your case progresses, so you can make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Wardsville, MO.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you know we are giving it our full attention. We take pride in our ability to let our clients know that their case means something to us.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones quality legal representation that gets results.
- Overseeing all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can spend your time on what's important: reaching your best possible medical recovery and putting your life back together.
- Ensure that you get maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, money you lost from not working, anything you paid out-of-pocket and pain and suffering.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Wardsville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
Other cases we handle in Wardsville, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Wardsville, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Wardsville, MO did not do the right thing. For a free case evaluation with an expert motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.