Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Wardsville, MO
Wardsville, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Wardsville, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Wardsville, MO. Riding a motorcycle can give you a great mixture of peace and excitement. However, motorcycle accidents are especially dangerous in Wardsville, MO. Injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional hardships. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, trust in the Wardsville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to get you full compensation for your injuries. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized environment will give you piece of mind and confidence that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Wardsville, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Wardsville, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no upfront costs, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury claims in Wardsville, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Wardsville, Missouri and Illinois?
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following represents the total crashes, injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More Wardsville, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Despite the fact that .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycles account for 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are estimated to be 41 percent successful at stopping motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries were more common than fatalities by a factor of over 100, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illuminating why motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when visibility is lower.
While some motorists don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the lion's share of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If another driver in the Wardsville, MO area injured you, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Wardsville, MO?
Driving Under the Influence
Drunk driving contributes to more traffic-related accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving contributed to 34 percent of motorcycle fatalities.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than one with 2 wheels, they are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as uneven pavement, slick surfaces, potholes, and poorly placed signs. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the liable party may be a government entity or construction company.
Almost 50 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains cannot notice a smaller vehicle like a motorcycle because of how much sensory information we receive as we drive.
A third of motorcycle fatalities had speeding as a contributing factor. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, they can also be caused by enclosed-vehicle motorists who force a biker to react quicker than they can safely do so.
Motorcycles have a smaller breaking distance than cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like rolling off the throttle, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. Still, just as in a crash between two cars or a car and a truck, the trailing vehicle is almost always at complete fault for the accident.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Wardsville, MO Help Me?
Most of our clients have never been in a situation like this before, and don't know what the procedure is for receiving compensation and whether the insurance company is being fair. A Halvorsen Klote Wardsville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Fully investigating your claimin order to gather important evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our experience and network of Wardsville, MO crash experts to determine the precise cause of your injuries.
- Offering sound legal guidance throughout the duration of your claim, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Wardsville, MO.
- Making sure you always know what's going on in your case so that you are not left wondering. We take pride in our client-centered approach to legal representation.
- Leveling the playing field against large insurance companies so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Managing the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can spend your time on what's important: healing and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Ensure that you receive the best possible financial recovery for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, lost wages, other expenses related to your injury and less tangible damages like pain and suffering.
When you're following all the rules and end up injured because somebody else did something wrong, it immediately disrupts your life. The Wardsville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
Wardsville, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Wardsville, MO did not do the right thing. For a free consultation with an expert motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.