Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Webster Groves, MO
Webster Groves, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Webster Groves, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Webster Groves, MO. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of companionship and thrill. However, motorcycle accidents are especially dangerous in Webster Groves, MO. Injuries suffered in motorcycle wrecks can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional burdens. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, Halvorsen Klote's Webster Groves, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will get you full compensation for your injuries. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized environment will help you feel at ease and confident that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Webster Groves, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Webster Groves, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no upfront costs, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we reach a successful conclusion for your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury cases in Webster Groves, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Webster Groves, Missouri and Illinois?
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following statistics are for the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More Webster Groves, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are alarming, but|a deeper look into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Even though .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to research from the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are considered to be 37 percent effective in stopping fatal injuries to motorcycle operators.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, meaning motorcycles are more dangerous to drive than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, on weekends when people are more likely to be intoxicated and after sunset.
While some people have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the lion's share of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that causes someone else injuries. If another driver in the Webster Groves, MO area injured you, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you recover the money you are entitled to.
What Are Common Causes of Webster Groves, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
DUIs or DWIs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common cause of motor vehicle accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over three-tenths of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because motorcycles have less of a base than other vehicles, road hazards such as uneven pavement, inclement weather, potholes, and gravel create a heightened risk. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the responsible party may be a government entity or construction company.
Forty-two percent of motorcycle accidents that result in death occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains are scanning for cars, but don't register motorcycles at cars.
A third of motorcycle fatalities had speeding as a contributing factor. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, they can also be caused by car or truck drivers who force a biker to take evasive action.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as other vehicles, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like rolling off the throttle, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. Still, just as in a crash between two cars or a car and a truck, the trailing vehicle is almost always at complete fault for the accident.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Webster Groves, MO Do For My Case?
Most of our clients have never been in a situation like this before, and don't know how to go about receiving compensation and whether the insurance company is being fair. A Halvorsen Klote Webster Groves, MO motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Carrying out an exhaustive investigation into your accidentin order to obtain valuable evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all at-fault parties. We use our experience and network of Webster Groves, MO collision experts to determine the value of your injuries and who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal counsel as your case progresses, so you can make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Webster Groves, MO.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the progress of your claim so that you are never left in the dark. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We founded our practice on the principle accident victims and their families should have access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Handling the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can spend your energy on what matters most: healing and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Make sure that you get the best possible financial recovery for all of your damages, including your urgent care bills, procedures, chiropractic appointments, prescription and more, lost wages, anything you paid out-of-pocket and less tangible damages like pain and suffering.
When you're following all the rules and end up injured because somebody else did something wrong, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Webster Groves, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
Other cases we handle in Webster Groves, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Webster Groves, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've dedicated our practice to making a difference in the lives of Webster Groves, MO individuals and families who have been treated unfairly. To speak to an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.