Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Webster Groves, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | Webster Groves, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Webster Groves, MO. Pedestrians are at increased risk when drivers act thoughtless, and pedestrian accidents can cause terrible injuries that lead to instant financial, emotional and physical hardships for the victims. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has devoted their careers to battling against large insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to fight for your your rights on your behalf, hold the people that injured you accountable and get you the full financial recovery you need to truly recover. Reach out to a Webster Groves, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Webster Groves, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that, across the whole country in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian deaths and over 76,000 injuries.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in collisions and 1,314 non-passengers were injured.
According to the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers were killed in collisions and 3,138 suffered injuries.
Do Pedestrians Always Have the Right of Way in Webster Groves, MO?
While drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles owe everyone else on the Webster Groves, MO roads a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must adhere to according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles are required to stop when a pedestrian is approaching the halfway point in the road.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden leave a curb in a way that a driver will not be able to see them in time.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a street where a pedestrian tunnel has been implemented.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cut across adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
Because pedestrian laws in Missouri and Illinois are relatively convoluted, it's essential to seek out a pedestrian accident lawyer in Webster Groves, MO right away if you were harmed by a vehicle. Get in touch with a pedestrian accident lawyer in Webster Groves, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Webster Groves, MO?
That changes between cases. Some of the parties we can seek compensation from include:
- The driver, for instance if they were not paying attention, or otherwise driving negligently.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability claim, for example if a car's brakes malfunction.
- The municipal agency who are charged with overseeing the security of an intersection or road, for example if there is lack of signage.
In some claims, multiple parties may share accountability. For example, if a drowsy driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, you may be able to seek compensation from the driver and the municipal body who were supposed to keep the area safe for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible to blame party in your accident in order to get you the best possible financial recovery you deserve. This is extremely important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Webster Groves, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. In a comparative fault state, you might still get compensation for your damages, but it will be decreased depending on the your portion of the blame for the accident. For example, if the sum of your damages is $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get you could still receive $1,000 for that injury. However, in Illinois, under 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would be prohibited from recovering anything if you bear over half of the liability for the accident.
Trying to shift accountability onto you is a common tactic insurance companies use to devalue claims. Your Webster Groves, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will push back against the insurance adjuster and make sure you are not manipulated by a selfish insurance company.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Webster Groves, MO Do for Me?
Your Webster Groves, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will utilize our legal expertise to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to reimburse you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we start investigating immediately. We work to keep you informed throughout your claim. Furthermore, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Acquire all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, including eyewitness testimony, security footage, police reports and more.
- Work with our network of Webster Groves, MO accident experts to help determine liability for your injuries.
- Work in concert with our network of Webster Groves, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Handle all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can spend your energy on recovering.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight to trial when the insurance adjuster will not be fair in negotiations.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That will vary depending on the particulars of your accident, the severity of your injuries and the talent and dedication of your Webster Groves, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can recover compensation for:
- Property damage, for example damage to your car
- Wage loss if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Reduced earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical expenses, like:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Webster Groves, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Webster Groves, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Check out the these links to discover what other services we offer in Webster Groves, MO:
Webster Groves, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident that was not their fault, trust in your Webster Groves, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. You do not have to go it alone when someone else turns your life upside down. We take all of our client's cases in Webster Groves, MO personally and will stand by your side until you get justice for your injuries. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Webster Groves, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.