Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Florissant, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Florissant, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Florissant, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause inconceivable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has dedicated their careers to battling against powerful insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the people that hurt you responsible and get you the full compensation you need to truly heal. Call a Florissant, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Florissant, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that, nationwide in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian fatalities and over 76,000 injuries.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in collisions and 1,314 non-passengers sustained injuries.
According to data from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians died in crashes and 3,138 were hurt.
Do Pedestrians Always Have the Right of Way in Florissant, MO?
While drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must observe according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When there are no traffic signals, vehicles must yield to a pedestrian that is approaching halfway over the road.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly run in front of a car in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, they must wait for vehicles to pass before stopping.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a street where a pedestrian bridge has been placed.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cross between adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
Because pedestrian laws in Missouri and Illinois are relatively complex, it's important to hire a pedestrian accident lawyer in Florissant, MO right away if you were injured in a pedestrian accident. Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer in Florissant, MO today at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Florissant, MO?
That depends on the specifics of your case. Some of the entities commonly found liable include:
- The driver, for instance if they were not paying attention, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a reckless manner.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer in a product liability lawsuit, for instance if an SUV is prone to rolling over.
- The municipal entity responsible for overseeing the security of an intersection or street, for example if there is lack of signage.
In some claims, we can hold various entities at-fault. For example, if a drunk driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, we may be able to help you seek compensation from the driver and the public body responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will conduct a full investigation into your accident in order to get you the great financial recovery you are owed. This is extremely important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially to Blame for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Florissant, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. In a comparative fault state, you might still recover compensation for your damages, but it will be decreased based on the percentage of fault you share for the accident. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get 1% of your damages. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from any compensation if you were more than 50% responsible.
Trying to move fault onto you is a common deception insurance companies use to avoid paying out claims. Your Florissant, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will push back against the insurance adjuster and ensure you are not mistreated by an uncaring insurance company.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Florissant, MO Help With My Case?
Your Florissant, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will utilize our legal skill to get justice for you and your loved ones. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We also constantly let you know the current status of claim so you are not left in doubt. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all relevant evidence, including eyewitness testimony, security footage, police reports and more.
- Work alongside our network of Florissant, MO crash experts to help determine accountability in your claim.
- Work in tandem with our network of Florissant, MO medical experts to exactly value your damages.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can focus on healing.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case to trial when we cannot get the compensation you are owed in mediation.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That will vary depending on the individual circumstances of your injury, the scope of your damages and the talent and drive of your Florissant, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can collect compensation for:
- Property damage, for instance damage to your car
- Lost wages for any time periods where your injury did not allow you to work
- Reduced earning capacity if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your job
- Medical bills, like:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Your Florissant, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Florissant, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the these links to see what other services we offer in Florissant, MO:
Florissant, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a family member was injured in an accident that was not their fault, your Florissant, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight on your behalf to get you the compensation you are owed. You should not have to suffer because of someone else's mistakes. We take all of our client's cases in Florissant, MO personally and will stand by your side throughout your claim. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Florissant, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.