Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Oakville, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Oakville, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Oakville, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause unimaginable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team aids the injured throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by giving them the accomplished legal support that large insurance companies use to avoid paying people the compensation they're entitled to. We are here to fight for justice on your behalf, hold the person or organization that injured you accountable and get you the maximum compensation you need to be made whole again. Reach out to a Oakville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Oakville, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that, in the United States in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian fatalities and over 76,000 injuries.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in crashes and 1,314 non-passengers suffered injuries.
According to the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians were killed in wrecks and 3,138 suffered injuries.
Do Pedestrians Always Have the Right of Way in Oakville, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe everyone else on the Oakville, MO roads a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When traffic signals are not present, vehicles are required to yield to a pedestrian that is halfway across the road.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly run into traffic in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, vehicles have the right of way.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a overhead pedestrian crossing has been placed.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cross between adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
Because pedestrian laws in Missouri and Illinois are relatively complicated, it's vital to hire a pedestrian accident lawyer in Oakville, MO as soon as possible if you were injured while crossing the street. Get in touch with a pedestrian accident lawyer in Oakville, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Oakville, MO?
That will vary based on the exact causes of your injuries. Some of the people, companies and organizations commonly found to blame are:
- The driver, for instance if they were running a red light, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a reckless manner.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer in a product liability claim, for example if a car's tires are prone to blowing out.
- The public entity responsible for keeping a particular area safe, for example if there are malfunctioning traffic lights.
In some claims, we can hold various people, companies and organizations to blame. For example, if a distracted driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, you may be able to make a claim against the driver and the government entity responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will explore every possible cause of your accident your accident in order to secure you the best possible compensation you are entitled to. This is extremely important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially to Blame for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Oakville, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's known as a "comparative negligence" rule. In a comparative fault state, you may still collect compensation for your compensation, but it will be reduced depending on the percentage of fault you share for the accident. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from any compensation if you bear over half of the liability for the accident.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative negligence to lessen your payout, or avoid reimbursing you entirely. Your Oakville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to resist those tricks and get you the compensation you are owed.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Oakville, MO Help With My Case?
Your Oakville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will utilize our legal skill to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to reimburse you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we will immediately work to identify who is liable for your injuries. We also give you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family. In addition, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all relevant evidence, including eyewitness dispositions, surveillance video, police records and more.
- Work in tandem with our network of Oakville, MO wreck experts to help determine fault for your injuries.
- Work in tandem with our network of Oakville, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can focus on healing.
- Stand up to insurance companies who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case to trial when we cannot get the settlement offer you deserve in negotiations.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the individual circumstances of your accident, the scope of your damages and the skill of your Oakville, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you secure compensation for:
- Property damage, such as damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages from time spent recovering
- Lowered earning potential if your injuries have permanent effects on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical expenses, like:
- Urgent care visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Oakville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Oakville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Take a look at the following links to find out what other services we offer in Oakville, MO:
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Oakville, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you care about was hurt in an accident because of someone else's carelessness, your Oakville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. Our Oakville, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side until you get justice for your injuries. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Oakville, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.