Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Ashland, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Evaluation | Ashland, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Ashland, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause inconceivable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has devoted their careers to battling against powerful insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the person or corporation that harmed you responsible and win you the complete financial recovery you need to truly heal. Call a Ashland, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Ashland, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, in the United States in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian fatalities and over 76,000 injuries.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in wrecks and 1,314 pedestrians were hurt.
According to data from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians were killed in accidents and 3,138 suffered injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Ashland, MO?
While drivers owe everyone else on the Ashland, MO roads a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must follow according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When traffic signals are not present, vehicles are required to stop when a pedestrian is approaching halfway over the road.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden leave a curb in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, vehicles have the right of way.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a road where a overhead pedestrian crossing has been implemented.
- In both states, you cannot cross between adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's key to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in Ashland, MO in your corner who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Get in touch with a pedestrian accident lawyer in Ashland, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Is Responsible for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Ashland, MO?
That will vary based on the exact causes of your injuries. Some of the parties we can seek compensation from include:
- The driver, for instance if they were running a red light, or otherwise driving negligently.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer, dealer or mechanic in a product liability case, for example if a car's tires are prone to blowing out.
- The public agency who are charged with overseeing the safety of an intersection or street, for example if there is lack of signage.
In some cases, multiple people, companies and organizations may share liability. For example, if a drowsy driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, you may be able to get a financial recovery from the driver and the public entity who were supposed to keep the area secure for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible liable party in your accident in order to secure you the maximum financial recovery you deserve. This is extremely important if one party cannot pay all of your damages, and the rest exceeds your underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially At Fault for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Ashland, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. In a comparative fault state, you may still recover compensation for your injuries, but it will be decreased based on the percentage of fault you share for the accident. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, under 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would be prohibited from recovering any compensation if most of the accident was your fault.
Trying to move fault onto you is a common deception insurance companies use to avoid paying out claims. Your Ashland, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will deal directly with the insurance adjuster and ensure you are not taken advantage of by a powerful insurance company.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Ashland, MO Do for Me?
Your Ashland, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will utilize our legal expertise to get justice for you and your loved ones. When you hire us, we will immediately work to identify who is liable for your injuries. We work to give you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family. In addition, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all evidence to help with your claim, such as eyewitness dispositions, security footage, police reports and more.
- Work with our network of Ashland, MO crash experts to help ascertain liability in your claim.
- Work alongside our network of Ashland, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can spend your energy on healing.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight to trial when the insurance adjuster will not be fair in negotiations.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the individual circumstances of your accident, the gravity of your injuries and the talent and dedication of your Ashland, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you receive a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, like damage to your car
- Lost wages from time spent recovering
- Decreased earning potential if your injuries result in disability
- Medical costs, like:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or car
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Ashland, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Ashland, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the links below to discover what other services we offer in Ashland, MO:
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Ashland, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a family member was harmed in an accident because of someone else's recklessness, your Ashland, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight for you to get you the compensation you are entitled to. You should not have to suffer because of someone else's mistakes. Our Ashland, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side throughout your claim. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Ashland, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.