Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
High Ridge, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | High Ridge, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in High Ridge, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause unthinkable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team helps the injured throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by giving them the talented legal counsel that large insurance companies have access to. We are here to fight for your your rights on your behalf, hold the people that hurt you accountable and secure you the maximum financial recovery you need to truly heal. Reach out to a High Ridge, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | High Ridge, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that, across the entire country in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian deaths and over 76,000 injuries.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in crashes and 1,314 non-passengers suffered injuries.
According to data from the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers were killed in accidents and 3,138 suffered injuries.
Do Pedestrians Always Have the Right of Way in High Ridge, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must follow according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles are required to yield to a pedestrian that is approaching the halfway point in the road.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden leave a curb in a way that a driver will not be able to see them in time.
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, vehicles have the right of way.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a overhead pedestrian crossing has been placed.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cross at adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your case. Get in touch with a pedestrian accident lawyer in High Ridge, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in High Ridge, MO?
That changes between cases. Some of the entities we can seek compensation from are:
- The driver, for instance if they were driving distracted, or otherwise driving negligently.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability claim, for example if a car's tires are prone to blowing out.
- The public body responsible for keeping a particular area safe, for example if there is poor lighting at night.
In some claims, multiple parties may share liability. For example, if a distracted driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, you may be able to seek compensation from the driver and the public entity who were supposed to keep the area secure for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will explore every possible contributing factor to your accident your accident in order to get you the maximum financial recovery you are owed. This is vitally important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in High Ridge, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's called a "comparative negligence" rule. In either state, you may still get compensation for your compensation, but it will be decreased depending on the percentage of fault you share for the accident. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would be barred from recovering anything for your damages if you bear over half of the liability for the accident.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative fault to lessen your payout, or avoid reimbursing you entirely. Your High Ridge, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will handle the insurance adjuster and make sure you are not mistreated by a powerful insurance company.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in High Ridge, MO Do for Me?
Your High Ridge, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will utilize our legal skill to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to reimburse you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we start investigating immediately. We also give you a personalized, client-based experience where you know exactly where your case is at. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Acquire all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, such as eyewitness testimony, security footage, police reports and more.
- Work in tandem with our network of High Ridge, MO crash experts to help determine liability for your injuries.
- Work alongside our network of High Ridge, MO medical experts to precisely value your damages.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can spend your energy on recovering.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when the insurance adjuster will not be fair in negotiations.
How Much Compensation Should I Expect to Collect?
That depends on the particulars of your case, the extent of your damages and the talent and drive of your High Ridge, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can recover compensation for:
- Property damage, for instance damage to your car
- Lost wages from time spent recovering
- Decreased earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical costs, for example:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up visits
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
Your High Ridge, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your High Ridge, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Check out the following links to discover what other services we offer in High Ridge, MO:
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
High Ridge, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a family member was harmed in an accident that was not their fault, trust in your High Ridge, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. You do not have to go it alone when someone else turns your life upside down. Our High Ridge, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side until the responsible parties are held accountable. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in High Ridge, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.