Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Fayette, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Evaluation | Fayette, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Fayette, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause inconceivable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team aids the injured throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by giving them the accomplished legal representation that large insurance companies have access to. We are here to defend your rights, hold the person or corporation that hurt you accountable and secure you the complete financial recovery you need to truly recover. Call a Fayette, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Fayette, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that, in the United States in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian deaths and over 76,000 injuries.
According to reporting from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in crashes and 1,314 pedestrians were harmed.
According to the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers were killed in accidents and 3,138 suffered injuries.
Do Pedestrians Always Have the Right of Way in Fayette, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe everyone else on the Fayette, MO roads a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles must yield to a pedestrian that is halfway across the crosswalk.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden leave a curb in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, they must wait for vehicles to pass before stopping.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a overhead pedestrian crossing has been implemented.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot travel between adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your injury claim. Call a pedestrian accident lawyer in Fayette, MO today at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Fayette, MO?
That will vary based on the exact causes of your injuries. Some of the people, companies and organizations we can seek compensation from are:
- The driver, for example if they were driving drowsy, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a negligent way.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability lawsuit, for example if a motorcycle wobbles at high speeds.
- The municipal entity who are charged with overseeing the security of an intersection or road, for example if there is lack of signage.
In some cases, we can hold various people, companies and organizations accountable. For example, if a distracted driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, it may be possible to seek compensation from the driver and the municipal agency responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will conduct a full investigation into your accident in order to win you maximum compensation you are entitled to. This is extremely important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Fayette, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. In a comparative fault state, you might still get compensation for your damages, but it will be lowered depending on the your portion of the blame for the accident. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder determines you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from anything if you were more than 50% responsible.
Trying to shift fault onto you is a common trick insurance companies use to avoid paying out claims. Your Fayette, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will push back against the insurance adjuster and ensure you are not mistreated by a powerful insurance company.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Fayette, MO Help With My Case?
Your Fayette, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will implement our legal experience to level the playing field. When you hire us, we will immediately work to determine who is liable for your injuries. We also constantly let you know the current status of claim so you are not left in doubt. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Gather all relevant evidence, such as eyewitness dispositions, security footage, police records and more.
- Work in concert with our network of Fayette, MO crash experts to help determine fault in your claim.
- Work alongside our network of Fayette, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Handle all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can focus on healing.
- Make sure the insurance adjuster know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when we cannot get a fair financial recovery in negotiations.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the individual circumstances of your injury, the severity of your injuries and the talent and dedication of your Fayette, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can be awarded compensation for:
- Property damage, like damage to your car
- Wage loss for any time periods where your injury did not allow you to work
- Decreased earning potential if your injuries have permanent effects on your ability to complete tasks at your job
- Medical bills, for example:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or car
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Fayette, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Fayette, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Take a look at the following links to find out what other services we offer in Fayette, MO:
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Fayette, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you care about was harmed in an accident because of someone else's negligence, your Fayette, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight on your behalf to get you the compensation you are entitled to. You should not have to suffer because of someone else's mistakes. Our Fayette, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side throughout your claim. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Fayette, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.