Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Potosi, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | Potosi, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Potosi, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause inconceivable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team serves the the injured and vulnerable throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by providing them with the exceptional legal counsel that large insurance companies use to avoid paying people the compensation they're entitled to. We are here to fight for your your rights on your behalf, hold the people that injured you responsible and get you the maximum financial recovery you need to be made whole again. Get in touch with a Potosi, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Potosi, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that, nationwide in 2019, 6,205 pedestrians were killed and 76,000 were injured.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in collisions and 1,314 non-passengers were hurt.
According to reporting from the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians died in wrecks and 3,138 sustained injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Potosi, MO?
While drivers owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When there are no traffic signals, cars, trucks and motorcycles must yield to a pedestrian that is approaching halfway over the road.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden enter traffic in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, they must wait for vehicles to pass before stopping.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a pedestrian bridge has been placed.
- In both states, you cannot travel between adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your injury claim. Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer in Potosi, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Potosi, MO?
That can be any one or a variety of parties. Some of the parties we can seek compensation from include:
- The driver, for instance if they were running a red light, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a careless manner.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer in a product liability claim, for instance if a car's tires are prone to blowing out.
- The municipal entity responsible for keeping a particular area safe, for example if there is poor lighting at night.
In some claims, we can hold various entities liable. For example, if a drunk driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, it may be possible to seek compensation from the driver and the public entity who were supposed to keep the area safe for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible responsible party in your accident in order to secure you maximum compensation you deserve. This is especially important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially to Blame for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Potosi, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. That means that you will receive compensation for the part of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder determines you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from any compensation if you bear over half of the liability for the accident.
Attempting to move accountability onto you is a common tactic insurance companies use to devalue claims. Your Potosi, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to resist those stunts and get you the compensation you are owed.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Potosi, MO Help With My Case?
Your Potosi, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will utilize our legal knowledge to level the playing field. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We work to give you a personalized, client-based experience where you know exactly where your case is at. Furthermore, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all relevant evidence, such as eyewitness dispositions, security footage, police records and more.
- Work with our network of Potosi, MO accident experts to help ascertain accountability for your injuries.
- Work in tandem with our network of Potosi, MO medical experts to precisely value your damages.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can spend your energy on healing.
- Stand up to insurance adjusters who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case to trial when the insurance adjuster will not be fair in mediation.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the particulars of your injury, the seriousness of your injuries and the skill of your Potosi, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you secure compensation for:
- Property damage, for instance damage to your car
- Lost wages if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Lowered earning potential if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical bills, for instance:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up visits
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or car
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
Your Potosi, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Potosi, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the following links to discover what other services we offer in Potosi, MO:
Potosi, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a loved one was harmed in an accident because of someone else's carelessness, your Potosi, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight on your behalf to get you the compensation you are entitled to. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. We take all of our client's cases in Potosi, MO personally and will stand by your side throughout your claim. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Potosi, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.