Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Lake St. Louis, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | Lake St. Louis, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Lake St. Louis, MO. Pedestrians are at increased risk when drivers act recklessly, and pedestrian accidents can cause catastrophic injuries that create sudden financial, emotional and physical hardships for the victims. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has dedicated their careers to battling against large insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to fight for your your rights on your behalf, hold the person or organization that hurt you accountable and get you the maximum financial recovery you need to truly heal. Call a Lake St. Louis, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Lake St. Louis, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that, across the entire country in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian deaths and over 76,000 injuries.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in crashes and 1,314 pedestrians were hurt.
According to the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians were killed in accidents and 3,138 suffered injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Lake St. Louis, MO?
While drivers owe everyone else on the Lake St. Louis, MO roads a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When there are no traffic signals, cars, trucks and motorcycles should stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the crosswalk.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden enter traffic in a way that a driver will not be able to see them in time.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a road where a pedestrian tunnel has been implemented.
- In both states, you cannot cut between adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's important to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in Lake St. Louis, MO in your corner who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Reach out to a pedestrian accident lawyer in Lake St. Louis, MO today at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Lake St. Louis, MO?
That changes between cases. Some of the people, companies and organizations we can seek compensation from are:
- The driver, for example if they were driving drunk, or otherwise driving carelessly.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer in a product liability lawsuit, for instance if a motorcycle wobbles at high speeds.
- The public entity who are charged with overseeing the safety of an intersection or street, for example if there is is a high-traffic area that suffers from poor lighting.
In some claims, we can hold various entities accountable. For example, if a distracted driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, it may be possible to get a financial recovery from the driver and the government entity who were supposed to keep the area secure for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible accountable party in your accident in order to secure you the best possible compensation you are entitled to. This is especially important if if one party, in conjunction with your underinsured motorist coverage, is not able to reimburse you for all of your damages.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Lake St. Louis, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. That means that you will collect compensation for the percentage of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder determines you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, under 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would be barred from recovering any compensation if most of the accident was your fault.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative negligence to lessen your payout, or avoid compensating you entirely. Your Lake St. Louis, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to counter those stunts and get you the financial recovery you deserve.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Lake St. Louis, MO Do for Me?
Your Lake St. Louis, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will implement our legal expertise to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to pay you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we will immediately work to identify who is liable for your injuries. We work to give you a personalized, client-based experience where you know exactly where your case is at. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Acquire all evidence to help with your claim, including eyewitness testimony, surveillance video, police records and more.
- Work in concert with our network of Lake St. Louis, MO accident experts to help ascertain liability in your claim.
- Work with our network of Lake St. Louis, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can focus on healing.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case to trial when the insurance adjuster will not be fair in negotiations.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That will vary depending on the particulars of your injury, the extent of your damages and the expertise of your Lake St. Louis, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can receive compensation for:
- Property damage, like damage to your vehicle
- Wage loss from time spent recovering
- Diminished earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical bills, for instance:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Your Lake St. Louis, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Lake St. Louis, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the links below to find out what other services we offer in Lake St. Louis, MO:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Lake St. Louis, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you care about was injured in an accident that was not their fault, your Lake St. Louis, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight for you to get you the compensation you are owed. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. We take all of our client's cases in Lake St. Louis, MO personally and will stand by your side until the responsible parties are held accountable. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Lake St. Louis, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.