Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Herculaneum, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | Herculaneum, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Herculaneum, MO. Pedestrians are at heightened risk when drivers act carelessly, and pedestrian accidents can cause terrible injuries that result in immediate economic, emotional and physical difficulties for the injured party. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team aids the injured throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by providing them with the talented legal representation that large insurance companies have access to. We are here to defend your rights, hold the people that injured you responsible and get you the fair financial recovery you need to be made whole again. Call a Herculaneum, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Herculaneum, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that, across the whole country in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian deaths and over 76,000 injuries.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in crashes and 1,314 non-passengers suffered injuries.
According to the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians were killed in collisions and 3,138 sustained injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Herculaneum, MO?
While drivers owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must abide by according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles are required to yield to a pedestrian that is halfway across the crosswalk.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden enter traffic in a way that a driver will not be able to account for them before hitting them.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a street where a overhead pedestrian crossing has been implemented.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot travel between adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's important to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in Herculaneum, MO by your side who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Get in touch with a pedestrian accident lawyer in Herculaneum, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Herculaneum, MO?
That changes between cases. Some of the people, companies and organizations commonly found responsible are:
- The driver, for example if they were running a red light, or otherwise driving recklessly.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer in a product liability case, for instance if a car's brakes do not function correctly.
- The government entity who are charged with keeping a particular area safe, for example if there is poor lighting at night.
In some claims, we can hold various parties to blame. For example, if a drunk driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, you may be able to make a claim against the driver and the municipal entity responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible responsible party in your accident in order to win you full compensation you deserve. This is especially important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Herculaneum, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. In either state, you might still get compensation for your damages, but it will be decreased based on the percentage of fault you share for the accident. For example, if your damages total $100,000, but the fact finder determines you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get 1% of your damages. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would would not be able to collect anything for your damages if you were more than 50% responsible.
Trying to move responsibility onto you is a common trick insurance companies use to devalue claims. Your Herculaneum, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to combat those tricks and get you the compensation you are owed.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Herculaneum, MO Help With My Case?
Your Herculaneum, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will utilize our legal skill to level the playing field. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We work to give you a personalized, client-based experience where you know exactly where your case is at. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Gather all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, such as eyewitness dispositions, surveillance video, police reports and more.
- Work with our network of Herculaneum, MO collision experts to help determine liability for your injuries.
- Work in tandem with our network of Herculaneum, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can focus on recovering.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when we cannot get the compensation you are owed in negotiations.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the specifics of your injury, the extent of your damages and the experience and knowledge of your Herculaneum, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you collect a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for example damage to your car
- Wage loss for any time periods where your injury did not allow you to work
- Reduced earning potential if your injuries have permanent effects on your ability to complete tasks at your job
- Medical expenses, such as:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Herculaneum, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Herculaneum, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the following links to see what other services we offer in Herculaneum, MO:
Herculaneum, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you love was injured in an accident that was not their fault, trust in your Herculaneum, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. You should not have to suffer because of someone else's mistakes. We take all of our client's cases in Herculaneum, MO personally and will stand by your side until you get justice for your injuries. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Herculaneum, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.