Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Sullivan, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Evaluation | Sullivan, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Sullivan, MO. Pedestrians are at increased risk when drivers act carelessly, and pedestrian accidents can cause catastrophic injuries that lead to unexpected economic, emotional and physical hardships for the injured party. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has devoted their careers to battling against large insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to fight for justice on your behalf, hold the person or organization that injured you accountable and get you the complete financial recovery you need to be made whole again. Get in touch with a Sullivan, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Sullivan, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that, in the United States in 2019, 6,205 non-passengers were killed in car accidents and 76,000 were injured.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in collisions and 1,314 pedestrians sustained injuries.
According to reporting from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers were killed in wrecks and 3,138 were harmed.
Do Pedestrians Always Have the Right of Way in Sullivan, MO?
While drivers owe everyone else on the Sullivan, MO roads a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles are required to stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the road.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly run in front of a car in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, they must wait for vehicles to pass before stopping.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a pedestrian tunnel has been provided.
- In both states, you cannot cross between adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your injury claim. Reach out to a pedestrian accident lawyer in Sullivan, MO today at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Sullivan, MO?
That changes between cases. Some of the parties commonly found at-fault include:
- The driver, for example if they were driving distracted, or otherwise driving recklessly.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer, vendor or mechanic in a product liability claim, for example if an SUV is prone to rolling over.
- The government body responsible for overseeing the security of an intersection or road, for example if there are malfunctioning traffic lights.
In some cases, we can hold various parties to blame. For example, if a distracted driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, it may be possible to get a financial recovery from the driver and the public agency responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible responsible party in your accident in order to secure you the best possible financial recovery you deserve. This is especially important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially to Blame for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Sullivan, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. In a comparative fault state, you might still recover compensation for your injuries, but it will be reduced based on the your portion of the blame for the accident. For example, if the sum of your damages is $100,000, but the fact finder determines you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would be prohibited from recovering anything if you were more than 50% responsible.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative fault to lessen your payout, or avoid compensating you entirely. Your Sullivan, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to counter those tactics and get you the compensation you are entitled to.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Sullivan, MO Help With My Case?
Your Sullivan, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will utilize our legal expertise to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to pay you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we will immediately work to determine who is liable for your injuries. We also give you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, including eyewitness testimony, photographs, police reports and more.
- Work alongside our network of Sullivan, MO wreck experts to help ascertain liability in your claim.
- Work alongside our network of Sullivan, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can focus on healing.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case to trial when we cannot get the compensation you are owed in negotiations.
How Much Compensation Should I Expect to Recover?
That depends on the specifics of your case, the extent of your damages and the talent and drive of your Sullivan, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you collect compensation for:
- Property damage, for example damage to your vehicle
- Wage loss from time spent recovering
- Lowered earning potential if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your job
- Medical bills, for example:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up visits
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Your Sullivan, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Sullivan, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Take a look at the these links to find out what other services we offer in Sullivan, MO:
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
Sullivan, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a family member was hurt in an accident because of someone else's carelessness, trust in your Sullivan, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. You do not have to go it alone when someone else turns your life upside down. We take all of our client's cases in Sullivan, MO personally and will stand by your side throughout your claim. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Sullivan, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.