Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Sedalia, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | Sedalia, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Sedalia, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause inconceivable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has devoted their careers to battling against powerful insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to fight for justice on your behalf, hold the people that injured you responsible and get you the maximum compensation you need to truly recover. Get in touch with a Sedalia, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Sedalia, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that, nationwide in 2019, 6,205 non-passengers were killed in car accidents and 76,000 were injured.
According to reporting from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in wrecks and 1,314 pedestrians sustained injuries.
According to the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians died in accidents and 3,138 sustained injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Sedalia, MO?
While drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles owe everyone else on the Sedalia, MO roads a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must observe according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When traffic signals are not present, vehicles should yield to a pedestrian that is halfway across the road.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly leave a curb in a way that a driver will not be able to see them in time.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a overhead pedestrian crossing has been implemented.
- In both states, you cannot cross at adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's crucial to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in Sedalia, MO in your corner who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Call a pedestrian accident lawyer in Sedalia, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Sedalia, MO?
That depends on the specifics of your case. Some of the entities we can seek compensation from are:
- The driver, for example if they were driving drunk, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a reckless manner.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability case, for example if a car's brakes stop working.
- The government body who are charged with overseeing the security of an intersection or road, for example if there is lack of signage.
In some cases, multiple parties may share responsibility. For example, if a drunk driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, we may be able to help you seek compensation from the driver and the public entity responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will explore every possible contributing factor to your accident your accident in order to win you the maximum financial recovery you are entitled to. This is particularly important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially At Fault for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Sedalia, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. In a comparative fault state, you will be awarded compensation for the portion of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if your damages total $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, under 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from any compensation if the majority of the accident was your fault.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative fault to lessen your payout, or avoid reimbursing you altogether. Your Sedalia, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will deal directly with the insurance adjuster and ensure you are not mistreated by a selfish insurance company.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Sedalia, MO Help With My Case?
Your Sedalia, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will use our legal skill to get justice for you and your family. When you hire us, we start investigating immediately. We also give you a personalized, client-based experience where you know exactly where your case is at. Additionally, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Acquire all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, such as eyewitness dispositions, security footage, police reports and more.
- Work with our network of Sedalia, MO collision experts to help ascertain fault in your claim.
- Work with our network of Sedalia, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can focus on healing.
- Make sure the insurance adjuster know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case to trial when the insurance company will not be fair in mediation.
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Receive?
That depends on the particulars of your case, the scope of your damages and the expertise of your Sedalia, MO injury claim lawyer. With our assistance you can collect compensation for:
- Property damage, like damage to your car
- Wage loss for any time periods where your injury did not allow you to work
- Decreased earning capacity if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical costs, such as:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up visits
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Sedalia, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Sedalia, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Check out the links below to see what other services we offer in Sedalia, MO:
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Sedalia, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a family member was injured in an accident that was not their fault, your Sedalia, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. Our Sedalia, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side until you get justice for your injuries. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Sedalia, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.