Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Sedalia, MO
Sedalia, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Sedalia, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Sedalia, MO. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of brotherhood and exhilaration. However, Sedalia, MO motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries suffered in motorcycle wrecks can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of uncertainty. If you were injured by a negligent driver, Halvorsen Klote's Sedalia, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized atmosphere will help you feel at ease and confident that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict in court. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Sedalia, MO today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a complimentary case review. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Sedalia, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we reach a successful conclusion for your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury cases in Sedalia, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Sedalia, Missouri and Illinois?
Nationwide, in 2020 motorcycle wrecks caused 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, there were 2,177 motorcycle accidents, resulting in 1,658 injuries and 118 fatalities, based on info from the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the Greater St. Louis area, there were 321 crashes, which caused 240 injuries and 9 deaths.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle accidents, which caused 2,404 injuries, 867 "A-list" injuries and 152 deaths.
Other Sedalia, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks shows how dangerous motorcyclists can be when other people don't pay attention on the road:
- Even though motorcycles make up only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to research from the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are estimated to be 41 percent effective at preventing motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries outpaced death by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, meaning motorcycles are more dangerous to drive than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when visibility is lower.
While some drivers have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the lion's share of bikers are vigilant about theirs and others' safety. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If another driver in the Sedalia, MO area injured you, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best possible financial recovery.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Sedalia, MO?
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving was found to be involved in 34 percent of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than one with 2 wheels, road hazards such as ruts in the road, inclement weather, potholes, and animals pose an increased risk. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was supposed to verify the road was safe for vehicle traffic.
Forty-two percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur at intersections when a passenger car turning left hits a motorcyclist going straight. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is due to something called "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
A third of motorcycle fatalities had speeding as a contributing factor. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, they can also be caused by car or truck drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than other vehicles, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like rolling off the throttle, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Sedalia, MO Do For My Case?
Most seek out our services have never had an injury before, and are unsure how to go about receiving compensation and how much full compensation really looks like. A Halvorsen Klote Sedalia, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Fully investigating your claimso that we can obtain valuable evidence and identify all liable parties. We use our expertise and network of Sedalia, MO collision experts to determine the precise cause of your injuries.
- Offering sound legal advice throughout the duration of your claim, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Sedalia, MO.
- Letting you know how your case is progression so that you are never left in the dark. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make get every penny you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We founded our practice on the idea accident victims and their families should have expert legal representation that gets results.
- Handling all of the legal aspects of your case so you can focus on what's important: reaching your best possible medical recovery and putting your life back together.
- Make sure that you receive the best possible financial recovery for all of your damages, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, money you lost from not working, out-of-pocket expenses and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Sedalia, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you get the recovery you deserve.
Sedalia, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've dedicated our practice to making a difference in the lives of Sedalia, MO residents who have been treated unfairly. To speak to an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.