Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Edwardsville, IL
Edwardsville, IL Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Edwardsville, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Edwardsville, IL. There's no comparing the feeling of freedom and excitement motorcyclists can get from riding their motorcycles. However, too many other drivers on the Edwardsville, IL roads either don't pay enough attention to motorcyclists or are actively hostile against them. Injuries suffered in motorcycle wrecks can be ruinous and life-changing. If you were injured by a negligent driver, trust in the Edwardsville, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to help you get your life back on track. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized environment will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Edwardsville, IL today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a free consultation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Edwardsville, IL only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury cases in Edwardsville, IL:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Edwardsville, Missouri and Illinois?
Across the country, in 2020 motorcycle wrecks lead to 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, there were 2,177 motorcycle accidents, resulting in 1,658 injuries and 118 fatalities, according to the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the Greater St. Louis area, there were 321 crashes, which lead to 240 people becoming injured and 9 people passing away.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle crashes, which caused 2,404 injuries, 867 catastrophic injuries and 152 deaths.
Other Edwardsville, IL Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are startling, but|a deeper dive into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are estimated to be 37 percent successful in preventing motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while .068 percent of motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries were more common than fatalities by a factor of over 100, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, meaning motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when bars are at their fullest and after dark.
While some people don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the bulk of bikers are vigilant about theirs and others' safety. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If you were hurt because another Edwardsville, IL driver did not look out for your safety, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you recover the money you are entitled to.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Edwardsville, IL?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was a factor in over a third of of motorcycle fatalities.
Because motorcycles have less of a base than other vehicles, they are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as ruts in the road, slippery surfaces, potholes, and debris. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was in charge of ensuring the road's safety.
Over 40 percent of motorcycle accidents that result in death occur at intersections when a car or truck turning left hits a motorcyclist going straight. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're looking. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
Over 30 percent of motorcycle crash deaths had speeding as a contributing factor. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, it often is the fault of car or truck drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than passenger cars, and many motorcyclists roll off the throttle to slow down, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. Still, just as in a crash between two cars, the trailing vehicle is almost always at complete fault for the accident.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Edwardsville, IL Help Me?
Most who come to see us have never had to hire a lawyer before, and don't know how to go about filing a claim and what a full financial recovery for their injuries is. A Halvorsen Klote Edwardsville, IL motorcycle accidents attorney represent with the highest-quality legal advocacy by:
- Conducting an extensive investigation into your claimso that we can gather valuable evidence and identify all liable parties. We use our legal knowledge and network of Edwardsville, IL crash experts to ascertain how much your injuries are worth and who needs to be held accountable.
- Providing you with sound legal guidance as your case progresses, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you, your future, and your Edwardsville, IL loved ones.
- Making sure you always know how your case is progression so that you are never left in the dark. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Leveling the playing field against large insurance companies so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters will sometimes flat out lie to you and mislead to you make you think your claim is worth less than it really is. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Handling all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can spend your energy on what matters most: recovering from your injuries and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Ensure that you get maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, chiropractic appointments, prescription and more, lost wages, other expenses related to your injury and less tangible damages like pain and suffering.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Edwardsville, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you get the recovery you deserve.
Other cases we take on in Edwardsville, IL include:
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Edwardsville, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Edwardsville, IL did not do the right thing. For a complimentary case evaluation with an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.