Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Eldon, MO
Eldon, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Eldon, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Eldon, MO. Riding a motorcycle can give you a great mixture of peace and excitement. However, too many other drivers on the Eldon, MO roads either don't respect the safety of motorcyclists or are actively hostile against them. Injuries experienced in motorcycle crashes can be devastating and life-changing. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, Halvorsen Klote's Eldon, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will get you the best possible financial recovery for your injuries. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized environment will give you piece of mind and confidence that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Eldon, MO today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a free case evaluation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Eldon, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury claims in Eldon, MO:
Eldon, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following statistics are for the total crashes, injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More Eldon, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are startling, but|a deeper look into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Even though .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycles account for 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of all injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent effective at preventing fatal injuries for motorcycle passengers.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while .068 percent of motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, meaning motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, on weekends when people are more likely to be intoxicated and after 6 P.M. when visibility is lower.
While some drivers have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the bulk of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that causes someone else injuries. If another driver in the Eldon, MO area injured you, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best possible financial recovery.
What Are Common Causes of Eldon, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was a factor in over a third of of motorcycle fatalities.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, road hazards such as uneven pavement, slippery surfaces, potholes, and signs that limit visibility pose a heightened risk. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the liable party may be a government entity or construction company.
Over 40 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're looking. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains scan for cars but has not been sufficiently trained to scan for motorcycles.
Thirty-three percent of fatal motorcycle accidents had speeding as a contributing factor. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, they can also be caused by car or truck drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than passenger cars, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to slow down in time.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Eldon, MO Do For My Case?
Most seek out our services have never been in a situation like this before, and are unsure what the procedure is for receiving compensation and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote Eldon, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will help your case by:
- Conducting a full investigation into your accidentin order to acquire valuable evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all liable parties. We use our expertise and network of Eldon, MO collision experts to determine who needs to be held accountable.
- Providing you with sound legal advice as we negotiate with the insurance company, so you can make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Eldon, MO.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you are not left wondering. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters will sometimes flat out lie to you and mislead to you make you think your claim is worth less than it really is. We founded our practice on the idea accident victims and their families should have quality legal representation that gets results.
- Overseeing all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your energy on what matters most: healing and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Ensure that you receive the best possible financial recovery for all of your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, anything you paid out-of-pocket and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're injured through no fault of your own, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Eldon, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are taken care of.
Eldon, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Eldon, MO did not do the right thing. To speak to an expert motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.