Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Eldon, MO
Eldon, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Eldon, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Eldon, MO. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of companionship and exhilaration. However, too many other drivers on the Eldon, MO roads either don't pay enough attention to motorcyclists or are actively hostile against them. Injuries experienced in motorcycle crashes can be devastating and have long-term effects. If you were injured by a negligent driver, Halvorsen Klote's Eldon, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will get you the best possible financial recovery for your injuries. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized environment will help you feel at ease and confident that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Eldon, MO today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a free consultation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Eldon, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no upfront costs, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we win your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury cases in Eldon, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Eldon, Missouri and Illinois?
Across the country, in 2020 motorcycle accidents caused 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, there were 2,177 motorcycle accidents, resulting in 1,658 injuries and 118 fatalities, according to the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the Greater St. Louis area, there were 321 crashes, which lead to 240 people becoming injured and 9 people passing away.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle crashes, which resulted in 2,404 injuries, 867 severely debilitating injuries and 152 fatalities.
Other Eldon, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper dive into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles make up only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of total injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are estimated to be 41 percent successful at preventing fatal injuries for motorcycle passengers.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illuminating why motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when people are more likely to be intoxicated and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some motorists have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the vast majority of bikers practice safety tips. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't pay attention or don't want to share the road. If another driver in the Eldon, MO area injured you, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best possible financial recovery.
What Are Common Causes of Eldon, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
Drunk driving contributes to more traffic-related accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills about one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over a third of of motorcycle fatalities.
Because motorcycles have less of a base than other vehicles, road hazards such as ruts in the road, slick surfaces, potholes, and poorly placed signs create a heightened risk. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the liable party may be a government entity or construction company.
Almost 50 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur at intersections when a car or truck turning left hits a motorcyclist who had the right of way. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're looking. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains scan for cars but has not been sufficiently trained to scan for motorcycles.
A third of motorcycle fatalities had speeding as a contributing factor. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, they can also be caused by passenger car drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than passenger cars, and many motorcyclists roll off the throttle to break, preventing the break lights from coming on. Still, just as in a crash between two cars, the trailing vehicle is almost always at complete fault for the accident.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Eldon, MO Help Me?
Most who come to see us have never been in a situation like this before, and are unsure how to go about receiving compensation and the value of the injuries. A Halvorsen Klote Eldon, MO motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Performing an exhaustive investigation into your caseso that we can acquire the necessary evidence and determine liability. You will have the advantage of our expertise and network of Eldon, MO crash experts to determine who needs to be held accountable.
- Providing you with sound legal advice throughout the duration of your claim, so you can make the best decision for you and your Eldon, MO family.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the status of your claim so that you know we are giving it our full attention. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make get every penny you are owed. Insurance adjusters know that the average person doesn't know injury law. We founded our practice on the principle accident victims and their families should have access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Managing the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can spend your time on what's important: recovering from your injuries and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Fight hard for you so that you get a full financial recovery for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, money you lost from not working, anything you paid out-of-pocket and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Eldon, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
Other cases we take on in Eldon, MO include:
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Eldon, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. We've dedicated our practice to making a difference in the lives of Eldon, MO residents who have been treated wrongly. To speak to an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.