Motorcycle Accidents Attorney St. Louis County, MO
St. Louis County, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | St. Louis County, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in St. Louis County, MO. There's no doubting the feeling of freedom and excitement motorcyclists can get from riding their bikes. However, St. Louis County, MO motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries suffered in motorcycle wrecks can be devastating and life-changing. If you were injured by a negligent driver, trust in the St. Louis County, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized atmosphere will help you feel at ease and confident that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict from a jury. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in St. Louis County, MO today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a free consultation. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in St. Louis County, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury cases in St. Louis County, MO:
St. Louis County, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Nationwide, in 2020 motorcycle crashes caused 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, based on info from the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In St. Louis City and St. Louis County alone, there were 321 crashes, which resulted in 240 injuries and 9 deaths.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle crashes, which lead to 2,404 injuries, 867 serious injuries and 152 fatalities.
More St. Louis County, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to research from the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are considered to be 37 percent successful in preventing fatal injuries to motorcycle operators.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illuminating why motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when people are more likely to be drinking and after 6 P.M. when visibility is lower.
While some people have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the bulk of bikers value their safety. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't pay attention or don't want to share the road. If you were hurt because another St. Louis County, MO driver did not look out for your safety, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best results in your case.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in St. Louis County, MO?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills roughly one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving was a factor in over three-tenths of motorcycle fatalities.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, they are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as uneven pavement, slippery surfaces, potholes, and debris. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was supposed to verify the road was safe for vehicle traffic.
Over 40 percent of motorcycle accidents that lead to death occur at intersections when a passenger car turning left hits a motorcyclist going straight. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're looking. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains scan for cars but has not been sufficiently trained to scan for motorcycles.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle fatalities involve speeding. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, they can also be caused by car or truck drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than passenger cars, and many motorcyclists downshift to come to a stop, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. Still, just as in a crash between two cars or a car and a truck, the driver behind the other vehicle is almost always at complete fault for the accident.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in St. Louis County, MO Do For My Case?
Most call us have never been in a situation like this before, and don't know what the procedure is for filing a claim and what a full financial recovery for their injuries is. A Halvorsen Klote St. Louis County, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Fully investigating your caseso that we can acquire important evidence and identify all liable parties. We use our expertise and network of St. Louis County, MO crash experts to ascertain who needs to be held accountable.
- Providing you with sound legal counsel as your case progresses, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in St. Louis County, MO.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you are not left wondering. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Leveling the playing field against wealthy insurance companies so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Handling all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your time on what's important: healing and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Ensure that you receive maximum compensation for all of your damages, including your urgent care bills, procedures, chiropractic appointments, prescription and more, lost wages, anything you paid out-of-pocket and noneconomic damages.
When you're injured in a motorcycle accident because of somebody else's negligence, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The St. Louis County, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you get the recovery you deserve.
Other cases we take on in St. Louis County, MO include:
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
St. Louis County, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've committed our practice to making a difference in the lives of St. Louis County, MO residents who have been treated unfairly. For a free consultation with a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.