Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Kingdom City, MO
Kingdom City, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Kingdom City, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Kingdom City, MO. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, too many other drivers on the Kingdom City, MO roads either don't pay enough attention to motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries suffered in motorcycle wrecks can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of anxiety. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, Halvorsen Klote's Kingdom City, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will get you full compensation for your injuries. Our dedication and client-centered approach will help you feel at ease and confident that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict in court. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Kingdom City, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a complimentary case review. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Kingdom City, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we win your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury cases in Kingdom City, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Kingdom City, Missouri and Illinois?
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following represents the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More Kingdom City, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper look into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles make up only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of total injuries, according to research from the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent effective at stopping fatal injuries for motorcycle passengers.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries were more common than fatalities by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, meaning motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some drivers don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the bulk of bikers are vigilant about theirs and others' safety. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If another driver in the Kingdom City, MO area injured you, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you recover the money you are entitled to.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Kingdom City, MO?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common cause of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was found to be involved in 34 percent of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than one with 2 wheels, they are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as ruts in the road, slippery surfaces, potholes, and signs that limit visibility. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company responsible for maintaining the road.
Almost half of of fatal motorcycle crashes occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are scanning for cars, but don't register motorcycles at cars.
A third of motorcycle fatalities were caused at least in part by speeding. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, they can also be caused by car or truck drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than passenger cars, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to slow down in time.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Kingdom City, MO Do For My Case?
Most who come to see us have never been in a situation like this before, and are unsure how to go about filing a claim and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote Kingdom City, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will help your case by:
- Fully investigating your caseso that we can obtain the necessary evidence and identify all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our experience and network of Kingdom City, MO crash experts to ascertain who we need to make a claim against and for how much.
- Offering sound legal counsel as your case progresses, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your Kingdom City, MO family.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the status of your claim so that you know we are giving it our full attention. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We founded our practice on the principle accident victims and their families should have expert legal representation that gets results.
- Managing the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can spend your energy on what matters most: reaching your best possible medical recovery and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Ensure that you receive a full financial recovery for all of your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses and less tangible damages like pain and suffering.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Kingdom City, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you get the recovery you deserve.
Kingdom City, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Kingdom City, MO did not do the right thing. For a free case evaluation with an expert motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.