Motorcycle Accidents Attorney New Haven, MO
New Haven, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | New Haven, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in New Haven, MO. Riding a motorcycle can give you a great mixture of peace and excitement. However, motorcycle accidents are especially dangerous in New Haven, MO. Injuries experienced in motorcycle wrecks can be severe and have long-term effects. If you were injured by a negligent driver, Halvorsen Klote's New Haven, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized atmosphere will help you feel at ease and confident that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in New Haven, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in New Haven, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no upfront costs, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury cases in New Haven, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in New Haven, Missouri and Illinois?
In the United States, in 2020 motorcycle accidents resulted in 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, there were 2,177 motorcycle accidents, resulting in 1,658 injuries and 118 fatalities, based on info from the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the St. Louis metropolitan area, there were 321 crashes, which lead to 240 people becoming injured and 9 people passing away.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle accidents, which resulted in 2,404 injuries, 867 severely debilitating injuries and 152 deaths.
More New Haven, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks shows how dangerous motorcyclists can be when other people don't pay attention on the road:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of total injuries, according to the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are estimated to be 41 percent effective at stopping fatal injuries for motorcycle passengers.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries outpaced death by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illuminating why motorcycles are more dangerous to drive than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when people are more likely to be intoxicated and after dark.
While some motorists have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the bulk of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If you were hurt because another New Haven, MO driver did not look out for your safety, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best results in your case.
What Are Common Causes of New Haven, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
Driving Under the Influence
Drunk driving contributes to more traffic-related accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills roughly one person every three quarters of an hour. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over a third of of motorcycle fatalities.
Because motorcycles have less of a base than other vehicles, they are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as ruts in the road, slippery surfaces, potholes, and animals. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company responsible for maintaining the road.
Almost half of of motorcycle accidents that cause death occur at intersections when a car or truck turning left hits a motorcyclist who had the right of way. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
Thirty-three percent of fatal motorcycle accidents had speeding as a contributing factor. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, it often is the fault of passenger car drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles have a smaller breaking distance than cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists downshift to break, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. Still, just as in a crash between two cars or a car and a truck, the trailing vehicle is almost always at complete fault for the accident.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in New Haven, MO?
Most of our clients have never had an injury before, and don't know the process of filing a claim and whether the insurance company is being fair. A Halvorsen Klote New Haven, MO motorcycle accidents attorney represent with the highest-quality legal advocacy by:
- Fully investigating your casein order to acquire valuable evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our expertise and network of New Haven, MO crash experts to ascertain who we need to make a claim against and for how much.
- Providing you with sound legal guidance as your case progresses, so you can make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in New Haven, MO.
- Making sure you always know how your case is progression so that you are never left in the dark. We take pride in our ability to make our clients feel valued.
- Leveling the playing field against large insurance companies so you make get every penny you deserve. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We founded our practice on the principle accident victims and their families should have expert legal representation that gets results.
- Managing all of the legal aspects of your case so you can focus on what matters most: healing and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Make sure that you get a full financial recovery for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, money you lost from not working, other expenses related to your injury and less tangible damages like pain and suffering.
When you're injured through no fault of your own, it immediately disrupts your life. The New Haven, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
New Haven, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've devoted our practice to making a difference in the lives of New Haven, MO individuals and families who have been treated wrongly. To speak to an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.