Motorcycle Accidents Attorney New Haven, MO
New Haven, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | New Haven, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in New Haven, MO. Riding a motorcycle can give you a great mixture of peace and excitement. However, New Haven, MO motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries suffered in motorcycle crashes can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional hardships. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, Halvorsen Klote's New Haven, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized environment will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict from a jury. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in New Haven, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in New Haven, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no upfront costs, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury claims in New Haven, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in New Haven, Missouri and Illinois?
In the United States, in 2020 motorcycle crashes resulted in 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, based on research compiled in the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the St. Louis metropolitan area, there were 321 crashes, which caused 240 injuries and 9 deaths.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle crashes, which resulted in 2,404 injuries, 867 serious injuries and 152 deaths.
More New Haven, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are alarming, but|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks shows how dangerous motorcyclists can be when other people don't pay attention on the road:
- Even though motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of all injuries, according to the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent successful at stopping fatal injuries for motorcycle passengers.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when visibility is lower.
While some drivers don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the lion's share of bikers practice safety tips. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that gets people hurt. If you were hurt because another New Haven, MO driver was negligent, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in New Haven, MO?
Drunk driving accidents are the most common cause of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills roughly one person every three quarters of an hour. Drunk driving contributed to 34 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than one with 2 wheels, road hazards such as ruts in the road, inclement weather, potholes, and animals pose an increased risk. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was supposed to verify the road was safe for vehicle traffic.
Forty-two percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're looking. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
Over 30 percent of motorcycle crash deaths were caused at least in part by speeding. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, they can also be caused by passenger car drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles have a smaller breaking distance than other vehicles, and many motorcyclists roll off the throttle to break, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. Still, just as in a crash between two cars, the trailing has a responsibility to slow down in time.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in New Haven, MO Help Me?
Most who come to see us have never been in a situation like this before, and don't know what the procedure is for receiving compensation and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote New Haven, MO motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Fully investigating your caseso that we can gather important evidence and identify all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our legal knowledge and network of New Haven, MO accident experts to ascertain who needs to be held accountable.
- Providing you with sound legal advice as we go back and forth with the insurance company, so you can make the best decision for you, your future, and your New Haven, MO loved ones.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you are not left wondering. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters know that the average person doesn't know injury law. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones quality legal representation that gets results.
- Handling all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your time on what matters most: healing and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Ensure that you receive maximum compensation for all of your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses and pain and suffering.
When you're following all the rules and end up injured because somebody else did something wrong, it immediately disrupts your life. The New Haven, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are taken care of.
Other cases we handle in New Haven, MO include:
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
New Haven, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've devoted our practice to making a difference in the lives of New Haven, MO individuals and families who have been treated unfairly. For a free case evaluation with an expert motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.