Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Lebanon, IL
Lebanon, IL Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Lebanon, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Lebanon, IL. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of camaraderie and exhilaration. However, too many other drivers on the Lebanon, IL roads either don't respect the safety of motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries experienced in motorcycle wrecks can be severe and life-changing. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, Halvorsen Klote's Lebanon, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team will help you get your life back on track. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized environment will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Lebanon, IL today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Lebanon, IL works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no upfront costs, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury claims in Lebanon, IL:
Lebanon, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Across the country, in 2020 motorcycle accidents lead to 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, according to the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the Greater St. Louis area, there were 321 crashes, which resulted in 240 people becoming injured and 9 people passing away.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle accidents, which caused 2,404 injuries, 867 catastrophic injuries and 152 deaths.
Other Lebanon, IL Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are alarming, but|a deeper look into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Even though motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of total injuries, according to research from the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are estimated to be 41 percent successful at preventing motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some drivers give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the bulk of bikers practice safety tips. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that gets people hurt. If you were hurt because another Lebanon, IL driver was negligent, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best results in your case.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Lebanon, IL?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills roughly one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving contributed to over three-tenths of motorcycle fatalities.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than one with 2 wheels, road hazards such as ruts in the road, inclement weather, potholes, and poorly placed signs pose a heightened risk. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was in charge of ensuring the road's safety.
Almost 50 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is due to something called "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
Over 30 percent of motorcycle fatalities had speeding as a contributing factor. While some bikers are known to speed, it often is the fault of car or truck drivers who force a biker to take evasive action.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to slow down in time.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Lebanon, IL Help Me?
Most call us have never had an injury before, and are unsure what the procedure is for receiving compensation and what a full financial recovery for their injuries is. A Halvorsen Klote Lebanon, IL motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Performing an exhaustive investigation into your accidentso that we can obtain valuable evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all at-fault parties. You will have the advantage of our legal knowledge and network of Lebanon, IL collision experts to determine who we need to make a claim against and for how much.
- Offering sound legal counsel as your case progresses, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for you, your future, and your Lebanon, IL loved ones.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the status of your claim so that you know we are giving it our full attention. We take pride in our ability to let our clients know that their case means something to us.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We founded our practice on the principle accident victims and their families should have access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Handling all of the legal aspects of your case so you can focus on what matters most: healing and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Fight hard for you so that you get a full financial recovery for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, money you lost from not working, other expenses related to your injury and pain and suffering.
When you're injured in a motorcycle accident because of somebody else's negligence, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Lebanon, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
Lebanon, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've committed our practice to helping those Lebanon, IL residents who have been treated wrongly. For a complimentary case evaluation with an expert motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.