Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Lebanon, IL
Lebanon, IL Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Lebanon, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Lebanon, IL. Riding a motorcycle can give you a great mixture of peace and excitement. However, Lebanon, IL motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries suffered in motorcycle accidents can be devastating and have long-term effects. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, trust in the Lebanon, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to help you get your life back on track. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized atmosphere will give you piece of mind and confidence that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Lebanon, IL today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Lebanon, IL only charges a contingency fee. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury cases in Lebanon, IL:
Lebanon, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
In the United States, in 2020 motorcycle accidents lead to 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, based on research compiled in the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In St. Louis City and St. Louis County alone, there were 321 crashes, which resulted in 240 people becoming injured and 9 people passing away.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle accidents, which caused 2,404 injuries, 867 severely debilitating injuries and 152 fatalities.
Other Lebanon, IL Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Despite the fact that .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycles account for 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to statistics compiled by the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 37 percent effective in preventing motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illuminating why motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when people are more likely to be drinking and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some motorists don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the bulk of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If another driver in the Lebanon, IL area injured you, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
What Are Common Causes of Lebanon, IL Motorcycle Accidents?
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving contributed to 34 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than a motorcycle, road hazards such as uneven pavement, slippery surfaces, potholes, and signs that limit visibility create an increased risk. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company responsible for maintaining the road.
Over 40 percent of motorcycle accidents that lead to death occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains cannot notice a smaller vehicle like a motorcycle because of how much sensory information we receive as we drive.
A third of motorcycle crash deaths were caused at least in part by speeding. While some bikers are known to speed, they can also be caused by passenger car drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, preventing the break lights from coming on. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to slow down in time.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Lebanon, IL Help Me?
Most are looking to hire a personal injury before have never had to hire a lawyer before, and are unsure the process of filing a claim and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote Lebanon, IL motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Carrying out an exhaustive investigation into your accidentso that we can obtain important evidence and identify all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our legal knowledge and network of Lebanon, IL accident experts to determine the precise cause of your injuries.
- Providing you with sound legal advice throughout the duration of your claim, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Lebanon, IL.
- Letting you know what's going on in your case so that you are not left wondering. We take pride in our client-centered approach to legal representation.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make get every penny you deserve. Insurance adjusters will sometimes flat out lie to you and mislead to you make you think your claim is worth less than it really is. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Overseeing the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can spend your energy on what matters most: recovering from your injuries and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Fight hard for you so that you get a full financial recovery for all of your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Lebanon, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you get the recovery you deserve.
Other cases we take on in Lebanon, IL include:
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Lebanon, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've dedicated our practice to helping those Lebanon, IL residents who have been treated wrongly. For a free case evaluation with an expert motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.