Motorcycle Accidents Attorney New Florence, MO
New Florence, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | New Florence, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in New Florence, MO. Riding a motorcycle can give you a great mixture of peace and excitement. However, too many other drivers on the New Florence, MO roads either don't pay enough attention to motorcyclists or are actively hostile against them. Injuries sustained in motorcycle wrecks can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of doubt. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, trust in the New Florence, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to get you the best possible financial recovery for your injuries. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized environment will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in New Florence, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a free consultation. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in New Florence, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no upfront costs, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury claims in New Florence, MO:
New Florence, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following represents the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
Other New Florence, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are startling, but|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Even though motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are considered to be 37 percent successful in stopping motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries outpaced death by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, meaning motorcycles are more dangerous to drive or ride than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when people are more likely to be intoxicated and after dark.
While some motorists have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the vast majority of bikers practice safety tips. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If you were hurt because another New Florence, MO driver was negligent, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
What Are Common Causes of New Florence, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
DUIs or DWIs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common cause of motor vehicle accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over a third of of motorcycle fatalities.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, road hazards such as ruts in the road, slick surfaces, potholes, and gravel pose a heightened risk. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was in charge of ensuring the road's safety.
Almost 50 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is due to something called "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains are scanning for cars, but don't register motorcycles at cars.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle crash deaths were caused at least in part by speeding. While some bikers are known to speed, another culprit is car or truck drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than passenger cars, and many motorcyclists roll off the throttle to slow down, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in New Florence, MO?
Most who come to see us have never had to hire a lawyer before, and are unsure how to go about receiving compensation and what a full financial recovery for their injuries is. A Halvorsen Klote New Florence, MO motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Carrying out an extensive investigation into your claimin order to gather important evidence and determine liability. You will have the advantage of our legal knowledge and network of New Florence, MO crash experts to ascertain who needs to be held accountable.
- Providing you with sound legal guidance as your case progresses, so you can make the best decision for you, your future, and your New Florence, MO loved ones.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you are never left in the dark. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make get every penny you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We founded our practice on the notion accident victims and their families should have quality legal representation that gets results.
- Managing all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your time on what matters most: recovering from your injuries and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Ensure that you receive a full financial recovery for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it immediately disrupts your life. The New Florence, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
New Florence, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've dedicated our practice to making a difference in the lives of New Florence, MO residents who have been treated wrongly. To speak to an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.