New Florence, MO Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
Fatal car accident lawyer in New Florence, MO. Losing a loved one in a car accident is a devastating experience that nobody should ever have to go through. The pain and confusion that follow can be intense, leaving families in a state of grief. While nothing can return a lost life, seeking legal assistance from a specialized fatal car accident lawyer in New Florence, MO can assist families work through the complex legal process and discover some semblance of justice. New Florence, MO personal injury law firm Halvorsen Klote stands as a pillar of support for those facing this unimaginable tragedy.
Halvorsen Klote is a dedicated and caring New Florence, MO law firm with a well-established reputation for superiority. With knowledge in personal injury law and a specific concentration on fatal car accident cases, we assist clients across Missouri and Illinois. Our team of knowledgeable New Florence, MO fatal car accident lawyers is devoted to aiding families work through the legal challenges that emerge after a tragic accident, providing direction, support and advocacy every step of the way. With Halvorsen Klote, you have a ally who grasps the gravity of your loss and is resolute to fight for your rights and the fairness your loved one is entitled to. We support the injured and their families in both Missouri and Illinois.
How Common Are Fatal Car Accidents in Missouri and Illinois?
Each year, numerous of lives are lost in fatal car accidents across the United States. Per recent data, in 2022 Missouri reported 878 fatal crashes with 964 fatalities, while Illinois recorded an even higher number of fatal crashes at 1,217.
Such accidents not only cause unimaginable pain to families and communities, but also affect how families are able to financially provide for each other. Halvorsen Klote's New Florence, MO fatal car accident lawyers can assist ease that financial hardship and secure justice for your family.
Common Causes of Fatal Car Accidents in New Florence, MO
Fatal car accidents in New Florence, MO can happen for a multitude of reasons, with some causes being more common than others. Frequent causes include:
- Distracted driving:
- Texting or talking on a cell phone
- Using navigation systems or changing the radio
- Eating or drinking
- Operating a vehicle under the influence:
- Drunk driving
- Drugs, such as prescription medications
- Reckless or aggressive Driving:
- Following too closely
- Ignoring traffic signals
- Multiple lane changing
- Driving too fast
- Weather-related conditions:
- Other factors:
- Malfunctioning vehicle components
- Inadequate road maintenance
Understanding these common causes highlights the importance of hiring a fatal car accident lawyer in New Florence, MO when tragedy strikes. Their role in investigating and pinpointing the responsible parties can provide clarity and justice for the victims' families, assisting them navigate the complex legal landscape that often follows a fatal accident.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim for a Fatal Car Accident in New Florence, MO?
Every state has their own laws regarding who can file a wrongful death lawsuit. So whom is eligible to file is mainly based on whether your loved one's fatal car accident happened in Missouri or Illinois:
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit in Missouri?
Missouri Revised Statute §537.080 details three different groups of beneficiaries (people who can bring a suit), in order of priority:
- Surviving spouse
- Children of the deceased, including natural or adopted, legitimate or illegitimate
- Lineal descendants of the deceased's children (e.g., grandchildren)
- The father or mother of the deceased
- A sibling of the deceased
- Descendants of the siblings (nieces and nephews)
- A "plaintiff ad litem," appointed by the court, who must be someone entitled to damages in the claim
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim in Illinois?
Illinois is different from most states because, instead of state law giving priority to relatives, the Illinois Wrongful Death Act (740 ILCS 180/) mandates that the wrongful death claim must be filed by the "personal representative" of the estate. In the order of priority, that personal representative is:
- The individual named in the deceased's will as the personal representative, as long as they're a legal adult and aren't disqualified
- If there is no will or the person named as personal representative is disqualified, then the order of priority is:
- The surviving spouse
- Legatees, or people named in the will, by priority of who would receive the largest part of the estate
- Nearest kin
- A public administrator
What Compensation Can I Receive for My Loved One's Fatal Car Accident in New Florence, MO?
In the tragic aftermath of a fatal car accident in New Florence, MO, no sum can make up for the passing of your family member. However, compensation sought through legal means can alleviate some of the financial hardships and provide a semblance of justice. You may be eligible for various forms of compensation. With the help of your New Florence, MO fatal car accident lawyer, you can seek compensation for:
- Medical bills — All medical costs amassed before your family member's death, such as urgent medical attention, surgeries or other costs.
- Funeral and burial costs — Expenses connected to funeral services, burial or cremation and other associated costs.
- Loss of income and benefits — Compensation for the loss of financial support and benefits that your family member provided to the family.
- Loss of companionship and loss of consortium — Understanding of the emotional loss and the impact on family relationships, including the loss of love, guidance and companionship.
- Pain and suffering — In some cases, compensation for the bodily discomfort and emotional anguish experienced by the deceased before passing, as well as the emotional toll on family members.
- Punitive damages — In scenarios where the responsible party's actions were particularly reckless or malicious, additional damages may be awarded as a form of penalty and deterrence.
The process of determining and pursuing these damages is intricate and requires a complete understanding of the law, insurance policies and the unique circumstances of the crash. A fatal car accident lawyer in New Florence, MO can offer the necessary expertise to evaluate potential compensation, talk with insurance companies and responsible parties and advocate for the family's rights in court if necessary. Halvorsen Klote's fatal car accident lawyers are skilled at working diligently to increase compensation for our clients, providing both legal skill and empathetic support during this challenging time.
How Halvorsen Klote Works to Maximize Compensation in New Florence, MO Fatal Car Accident Cases
Seeking just compensation after a fatal car accident requires both legal expertise and an understanding of the deeply personal nature of the case. Halvorsen Klote, serving clients in New Florence, MO and both Missouri and Illinois, approaches this process with a blend of skill, devotion and compassion. Here's how our fatal car accident lawyer team strives to enhance compensation for our clients:
- Comprehensive investigation — We begin a comprehensive investigation into the accident, amassing all available evidence, consulting with experts and identifying all potential sources of liability.
- Comprehending client needs — By taking the time to understand the unique needs, goals and circumstances of each family we serve, we tailor our approach to align with what's best for you and your family.
- Proficient negotiation — With background in negotiating with insurance companies and other parties, our New Florence, MO fatal car accident lawyers pursue fair settlements that represent the true value of the claim.
- Ready for trial — While many cases are concluded through negotiation, we are always prepared to take a case to trial if needed, aggressively advocating for our clients' rights in court.
- Open communication — Consistent and transparent communication makes sure that you continue to be kept up-to-date at every stage of the legal process, fostering trust and a united team.
- Contingency fee arrangement — Your New Florence, MO fatal car accident lawyer from Halvorsen Klote collects attorneys' fees on a contingency fee basis, meaning clients won't pay unless we win your case. This synchronizes our interests with yours and provides reachability to the highest quality of legal representation regardless of your financial status.
Halvorsen Klote's method to maximizing compensation reflects our dedication to both professional excellence and compassionate representation. By entrusting your case to such a firm, your family can focus on healing and remembrance, assured that their legal matters are being managed with the utmost care, skill, and determination. In a time filled with anxiety and pain, having a devoted legal representative can make a significant difference in the pursuit of justice and financial support.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About New Florence, MO Fatal Car Accident Lawyers
Traversing the legal landscape post a fatal car accident can be overwhelming, and many questions emerge during this trying time. Below are some common personal injury questions regarding engaging a fatal car accident lawyer in New Florence, MO and the wrongful death process:
- What attributes should I look for in a fatal car accident lawyer?
- Proficiency in handling fatal car accident cases
- Understanding of car accident and wrongful death laws
- Compassionate approach that recognizes the emotional nature of the situation
- Open fee structure and communication
- How quickly should I consult with a lawyer after the accident?
As soon as possible to ensure evidence is kept intact and legal timelines are met.
- What type of compensation can I expect?
Compensation changes based on factors such as liability, insurance coverage, emotional loss, etc. A detailed consultation with a fatal car accident lawyer in New Florence, MO like Halvorsen Klote can provide detailed insight.
- Will I have to go to court?
A large number of cases are settled through negotiation, but Halvorsen Klote's New Florence, MO fatal car accident lawyers are ready to go to trial if needed to achieve appropriate compensation.
- What duration will the legal process take?
Timelines differ widely and depend on the intricacy of the case, the inclination of parties to settle, court schedules and other factors.
- How can I afford a fatal car accident lawyer in New Florence, MO?
Firms like Halvorsen Klote often operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning you owe nothing unless compensation is secured.
Other cases we take on in New Florence, MO include:
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Consult With a Fatal Car Accident Lawyer in New Florence, MO Today
The mourning process following a fatal car accident in New Florence, MO is unimaginably difficult, and the legal complexities can be daunting. During such a time, expert and empathetic legal support can make a significant difference. If you or a loved one are in requirement of assistance, Halvorsen Klote is committed to providing compassionate representation.
Our team of proficient New Florence, MO fatal car accident lawyers is ready to help you and your family through every stage of the legal process, with the empathy, skill, and determination that your case deserves. You don't have to face this challenging journey alone. Speak to a fatal car accident lawyer in New Florence, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us through our website for a complimentary case review.