Injury Claim Lawyer New Florence, MO
New Florence, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Review | New Florence, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in New Florence, MO. No one anticipates being injured, but when they are it creates unforeseen and severe economic, physical and emotional afflictions. It can be infuriating when your injuries are caused by someone else's negligence. Missouri and Illinois law provide a channel for injured victims to receive compensation for their damages through personal injury claims. Usually, it can be difficult for New Florence, MO residents to get fair compensation without the help of an injury claim lawyer. At Halvorsen Klote, we have devoted our careers to offering the injured and vulnerable in Missouri and Southern Illinois the highest level of legal representation that matches and surpasses that of large insurance companies. If you were injured because someone else was negligent, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
Top Causes of Personal Injury Claims | New Florence, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims refer to legal claims seeking restitution for injuries caused by someone else's negligent, reckless, or purposeful behavior. While determining who is to blame depends on the specific facts of your accident, most cases will be decided by law governing one of several common categories. Some of the most common claims our injury claim lawyer team gets great compensation for in New Florence, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
Regardless of how your injuries transpired, your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in New Florence, MO has seen it before. If you've been hurt because of another person's reckless actions, get in touch with us as soon as possible so we can start working on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | New Florence, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You cannot receive compensation for every injury; you must demonstrate that someone else is to blame for your damages. In order for your claim to be successful, your injury claim lawyer must prove the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Demonstrating a duty of care is predominant a personal injury claim. You must show that the defendant had a responsibility to keep you safe. If you were injured in an auto accident, the other driver automatically had a responsibility, as both Missouri and Illinois have put into law that drivers owe other drivers, passengers, bicyclists and pedestrians a duty of care. Other associations, such as between a doctor and patient or a property owner and visitor, have pre-designated duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: Next, you must show that the person who owed you a duty of care acted in a way that was unreasonable or committed an act that was against the law.
- Cause in Fact: Following that, you must demonstrate that were it not for the defendant's actions or inaction, you would not have been injured. For example, if a driver had not been drunk, or if a restaurant manager had put a "wet floor" sign up, you would not have been injured.
- Proximate Cause: This refers to whether the cause in fact was really the the other party's fault. If a property owner had no way of knowing of a hazardous condition they may not be at fault.
- Damages: The last element of negligence is that you incurred damages. In a personal injury lawsuit, that means you have to provide documentation of your injuries. If a dog nips at you and you only receive a minor cut that doesn't get infected, you likely will not be able to bring a valid claim because you did not sustain any actual damages.
Every New Florence, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to take on, prove, and win every type of personal injury case. If don't know whether or not you have a claim, you need to consult with an injury claim lawyer right away. Our consultation is free, so there's no reason not to call us to discuss your claim.
Frequently Asked Questions | New Florence, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
When we get a new case in New Florence, MO, it's typically somebody who has never experienced an injury claim and is naturally unsure about the process and how it works. Read on below for some FAQs from your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in New Florence, MO:
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the particulars of your accident, the severity of your injuries and the talent and drive of your New Florence, MO injury claim lawyer. With our assistance you can receive a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for instance damage to your vehicle
- Wage loss from time spent recovering
- Decreased earning capacity if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your job
- Medical bills, for instance:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your New Florence, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to precisely value the full extent of your damages and secure you the complete financial recovery you are entitled to.
What's the Time Limit to File a Personal Injury Claim?
There are some noteworthy exceptions in each state, but it is paramount to get in touch with an injury claim lawyer in New Florence, MO as soon as you can after an injury so that the time limit does not run out.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
We've all heard the phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt." That's the burden of proof that juries and judges must observe in criminal court so that there is no chance that an innocent person is imprisoned. Personal injury claims are civil cases, and the the pertinent burden of proof is a preponderance of the evidence. That means that a fact-finder — whoever makes the final decision in your case — must find only that there is a more than than 50 percent chance that the claim is true.
So, if a drunk driver evades a criminal conviction because of errors in a police reports, you can still pursue compensation from them in a civil court.
If your injury claim lawyer is helping you pursue punitive damages, you must show clear and convincing evidence, which means that the fact finder are left with a clear conviction that the claim is probably true.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that will change based on the particulars of your case. The Bureau of Justice Statistics found that almost all tort claims are settled out of court. A settlement may only take a few months, while a case that reaches court in New Florence, MO can take up to two years. If your injuries do not have lifelong consequences, your injury claim lawyer may advise waiting until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you know the full extent of your medical bills.
What's the Timeline for a Personal Injury Claim?
usually, after you've been injured by somebody else's reckless behavior in New Florence, MO, the order of events is as follows:
- You get medical care (and continue care as long as necessary).
- You consult with an injury claim lawyer.
- The attorney carries out an investigation into your claim and collects evidence, for example police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer makes a formal settlement demand letter.
- If the the insurance company refuses to pay the settlement demand, your injury claim lawyer may choose to negotiate or may go directly to filing a lawsuit.
- The discovery phase starts, wherein your lawyer obtains further evidence and acquires expert testimony.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the the other party enter negotiations before an unbiased intermediary in mediation.
- We take your case in front of a judge and jury if negotiations do not yield a fair settlement offer.
Can I Still Receive Compensation if I Was Partially Liable?
Yes. Missouri is a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your compensation will be reduced by the percent of blame you share. So if a jury awards you $100,000 but establishes you were 30 percent to blame, you will only collect $70,000. Illinois is similar, but is a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you can only receive compensation if you are less than half liable.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire an Injury Claim Lawyer? | New Florence, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
It's possible you are nervous about whether or not you can afford legal representation in New Florence, MO because the medical bills and lost wages are piling up and you're not sure you can pay for an attorney. A benefit of hiring an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, as opposed to other lawyers in New Florence, MO, we work on a contingency fee basis. There are three chief benefits to that:
- We require no upfront fees. Because we don't receive an hourly amount, we are paid with portion of the financial recovery you collect — not before you get paid.
- You owe us nothing if we do not secure a successful resolution for your claim. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only makes a profit by employing their experience and knowledge to reach a successful resolution in your case.
- We won't take on your case unless we honestly believe we can significantly increase your compensation . We accept the risk of employing our resources on your behalf, and we won't make promises we can't keep or mislead you.
No matter what your current financial circumstances may be, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in New Florence, MO will take on your case and fight with all of our resources to see you get the great results you are entitled to.
Check out the following links to find out what other services we offer in New Florence, MO:
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
Call HK Law Today
New Florence, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You don't have to go through the complicated legal process alone. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in New Florence, MO, we start working on your case right away and stay in communication with you until we secure a successful resolution. We make sure you understand your claim and the law so you can make the best decision for you and your New Florence, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in New Florence, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.