Injury Claim Lawyer Festus, MO
Festus, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | Festus, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Festus, MO. Injuries can happen to anyone almost anytime, creating sudden and harsh financial, physical and emotional hardships. It's normal to be angry when your injuries are the consequence of someone else's negligent actions. Missouri and Illinois law supply a channel for injured victims to get a financial recovery for their injuries in the form of personal injury claims. Most of the time, you'll need the assistance of an injury claim lawyer in Festus, MO to get the most value for your claim. At Halvorsen Klote, we have devoted our lives to offering the injured and vulnerable in Missouri and Southern Illinois the highest level of legal representation that matches and surpasses that of large insurance companies. If you were injured through no fault of your own, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.
Common Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Festus, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims are are the manner through which you can seek restitution for injuries caused by someone else's negligent, reckless, or calculated behavior. While each accident and each injury claim is unique, most cases will be decided by law governing one of a number of common categories. Some of the most common cases our injury claim lawyer team handles in Festus, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
Whatever how you sustained your injuries, trust your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Festus, MO to know how maximize the value of your claim. In order to get the best results for your claim, get in touch with us right away so we can start working on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Festus, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You cannot make a claim for any injury or accident; you must demonstrate that someone else is at fault for your damages. In order for your injury claim lawyer to win your case, they must how the other party's action or inaction amounts to the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Demonstrating a duty of care is predominant a personal injury claim. You must substantiate that the defendant had a duty to your safety. If you were injured in an auto accident, the other driver automatically had a responsibility, as both Missouri and Illinois have put into law that motorists owe others a duty of care. Other associations, a doctor-patient relationship or that between a property manager and patron, have legally defined duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: Next, you must demonstrate that the person who owed you a duty of care behaved in a way that was unreasonable or committed an act that was against the law.
- Cause in Fact: Following that, you must demonstrate that were it not for the defendant's actions or inaction, you would not have been injured. For instance, if a driver had not run a red light, or if a restaurant manager had put a "wet floor" sign up, you would not have incurred the damages for which you are making a claim.
- Proximate Cause: This relates to whether the cause in fact was really the the other party's fault. A doctor may not be held responsible if they followed standard procedures, even if they missed a diagnosis.
- Damages: The last thing you need to demonstrate is that you sustained damages. In a personal injury claim, that means you were injured. If you're in a slip and fall and only suffer a minor bruise that goes away after a couple days, you probably do not have a claim because you did not sustain any real damages.
Every Festus, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to take on, prove, and get great results in every type of personal injury case. If don't know whether or not another party bears responsibility for your damages, get in touch with an injury claim lawyer as soon as you can. Our consultation is free, so there's no risk in calling us to discuss your claim.
Frequently Asked Questions | Festus, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Most of our Festus, MO clients have never had to make an injury claim before and are anxious about the process and how it works. The following are some of the most frequently asked questions our injury claim lawyer team receives in Festus, MO:
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That will vary depending on the individual circumstances of your case, the extent of your damages and the talent and drive of your Festus, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can be awarded compensation for:
- Property damage, for instance damage to your car
- Lost wages if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Lowered earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical expenses, for instance:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
Your Festus, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to precisely value the full extent of your damages and secure you the great financial recovery you deserve.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims?
There are some noteworthy exceptions in each state, but it is imperative to get in touch with an injury claim lawyer in Festus, MO as soon as you can after an injury to avoid bringing complications to your claim.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
The phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt" is ubiquitous in American culture. That's the burden of proof that juries and judges are held to in criminal cases to protect innocent people from jail. Personal injury claims are settled and tried in civil court, and the burden of proof is called a preponderance of the evidence. That means that a jury or insurance adjuster must find only that the claim is more likely than not to be true.
So, if a drunk driver gets out of their criminal case because of errors in police work, you can still hold them at fault in a civil court.
If your injury claim lawyer is helping you seek punitive damages, you must show clear and convincing evidence, which means that the fact finder are left with a clear conviction that the claim is most likely true.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that depends on the individual circumstances of your case. The Bureau of Justice Statistics reports that nearly all tort suits are settled before they go to trial. If the parties settle, you can receive compensation within a few months, while a case that goes to court in Festus, MO can take up to two years. If your injuries do not lead to permanent disability, your injury claim lawyer may suggest waiting until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you can be compensated for your full medical costs.
How do Personal Injury Claims Work?
Typically, following an injury caused by somebody else's negligence in Festus, MO, you can expect the process to unfold as follows:
- You get medical care (and keep with it until you have completely recovered).
- You consult with an injury claim lawyer.
- The attorney investigates your case and collects evidence, for instance police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer sends a formal settlement demand letter.
- If the the insurance company refuses to pay the settlement demand, your injury claim lawyer will decide if the best plan of attack is to attempt to negotiate or file a lawsuit.
- Your lawyer enters the discovery phase, where they gather futher evidence and obtain expert opinions.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the the other party enter negotiations before an unbiased party in mediation.
- We take your case to court if the insurance company will not be fair in negotiations.
Can I Still Get Compensation if I Was Partially at Fault?
Yes. Missouri is what is called a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your compensation will be reduced by the percent of responsibility you share. Meaning, if a jury decides your damages add up to $100,000 but finds you were 30 percent responsible, you will only receive $70,000. Illinois is considered a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you will not receive compensation if you are more than half to blame.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire an Injury Claim Lawyer? | Festus, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You may be nervous about employing the services of a lawyer in Festus, MO because you're already paying for medical expenses and might not be able to work at the moment because of your injuries. The great thing about enlisting the services of an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, as opposed to corporate attorneys in Festus, MO, we charge a contingency fee. There are three principal benefits to that:
- We require no upfront fees. Because we don't get an hourly amount, we are paid with percentage of the compensation you are awarded — but not before we win or settle your claim.
- We charge nothing if we do not secure a successful resolution for your claim. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only earns a living by utilizing their talent and dedication to get you the best possible results.
- We won't take on your case unless we truly believe we will be able to add significantly more value to your claim . We accept the risk of utilizing our resources for you, and we'll always be honest with you and will never mislead you.
Whatever your current economic circumstances is, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Festus, MO will be by your side and fight for you to get you the great results you are owed.
Check out the following links to find out what other services we offer in Festus, MO:
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Call HK Law Today
Festus, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You don't have to go through the complicated legal process alone. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Festus, MO, we start building your case immediately and keep you informed until we secure a successful resolution. We give you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your Festus, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Festus, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.