Injury Claim Lawyer Imperial, MO
Imperial, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | Imperial, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Imperial, MO. Injuries can happen to anyone almost anytime, creating unforeseen and harsh financial, physical and emotional hardships. It's normal to be furious when your injuries are the consequence of someone else's negligent behavior. Missouri and Illinois law allows for an outlet for injured victims to secure a financial recovery for their injuries by means of personal injury claims. In most cases, you'll need the aid of an injury claim lawyer in Imperial, MO to get the most value for your claim. At Halvorsen Klote, we have dedicated our lives to offering the injured and vulnerable in Missouri and Southern Illinois the highest level of legal representation that matches and exceeds that of large insurance companies. If you were injured through no fault of your own, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.
Top Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Imperial, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims are the process one goes through to seek restitution for injuries caused by someone else's incautious, reckless, or intentional actions. While each accident and each injury claim is unique, most cases fall into one of several common accident types. Some of the most frequent cases our injury claim lawyer team gets great compensation for in Imperial, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
Whatever how your injuries transpired, trust your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Imperial, MO to get you the best possible financial recovery. If you've been harmed because of somebody else's reckless actions, contact us right away so we can get started on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Imperial, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Not all injuries and accidents are cause for an injury or accident claim; you must demonstrate that another party is liable for your damages. In order for your injury claim lawyer to win your case, they must prove the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Demonstrating a duty of care is a prerequisite to winning your claim. You must show that the defendant had a duty to keep you safe. This is automatic in auto accident claims, as both Missouri and Illinois have established that drivers owe everyone else on the road a duty of care. Other relationships, a doctor-patient relationship or that between a property manager and customer, have legally defined duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: After establishing a breach of duty, you need to demonstrate that the person who had a responsibility to your safety did not act as a reasonable person would or as the law demands.
- Cause in Fact: Following that, you must demonstrate that if the other party had behaved differently, you would not have been injured. Meaning, if a driver had not been following you too closely, or if a restaurant manager had put a "wet floor" sign up, you would not have incurred the damages for which you are making a claim.
- Proximate Cause: This relates to whether the cause in fact was really the the other party's fault. A doctor may not be held liable if they followed standard procedures, even if they missed a diagnosis.
- Damages: The last thing you need to demonstrate is that you incurred damages. In a personal injury claim, that means you have to provide documentation of your injuries. If you were rear-ended and the only consequence was minor cosmetic damage to your car, you likely do not have a claim because you did not receive any actual injury.
Every Imperial, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to take on, prove, and get great results in every type of personal injury claim. If don't know whether or not your injuries can be attributed to someone else's negligence, it's best to consult with an injury claim lawyer right away. Our case reviews are free, so they're no-risk, no-obligation.
Frequently Asked Questions | Imperial, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Most of our Imperial, MO clients have never had to make an injury claim before and are unsure about what the whole process entails. The following are some of the most frequently asked questions our injury claim lawyer team receives in Imperial, MO:
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Collect?
That depends on the individual circumstances of your case, the severity of your injuries and the experience and knowledge of your Imperial, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can recover a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for example damage to your vehicle
- Wage loss for any time periods where your injury did not permit you to work
- Lowered earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical expenses, like:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Your Imperial, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to precisely value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are owed.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims?
There are some notably exceptions in each state, but it is vital to get in touch with an injury claim lawyer in Imperial, MO as soon as you can after being in an accident so that the time limit does not run out.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
The phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt" is ubiquitous in American culture. That's the burden of proof that juries and judges must abide by in criminal court to protect innocent people from jail. Personal injury claims are civil cases, and the the relevant burden of proof is a preponderance of the evidence. Under that standard a jury or insurance adjuster must find only that the claim is more likely than not to be true.
That means that if a drunk driver gets out of their criminal case because of mistakes in police work, you can still hold them liable in a civil claim.
If you and your injury claim lawyer decide to seek punitive damages, you must show clear and convincing evidence, which falls between preponderance of the evidence and beyond a reasonable doubt.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that will vary based on the individual circumstances of your case. The Bureau of Justice Statistics reports that 96 percent of tort cases are settled in negotiations. If the parties settle, a claim can be resolved within a few months, while a case that goes to court in Imperial, MO can take up to two years. If your injuries do not have lifelong consequences, your injury claim lawyer may suggest waiting until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you know the full value of all of your medical bills.
What's the Process of a Personal Injury Claim?
Generally, following an injury caused by somebody else's negligence in Imperial, MO, the order of events is as follows:
- You get medical treatment (and keep with it until you have completely recovered).
- You speak to an injury claim lawyer.
- The attorney investigates your case and acquires evidence, for example police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer writes an official settlement demand letter.
- If the the insurance company does not agree with the settlement demand, your injury claim lawyer may decide to negotiate or may go directly to filing a lawsuit.
- The discovery phase starts, wherein your lawyer obtains more evidence and acquires expert testimony.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the the other party negotiate in front of a neutral party in mediation.
- We take your case in front of a judge and jury if the insurance company will not be fair in negotiations.
Can I Still Receive Compensation if I Was Partially Liable?
Yes. Missouri is what is referred to a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your compensation will be reduced by the portion of blame you bear for your injury. Meaning, if a jury decides your damages come to $100,000 but establishes you were 30 percent responsible, you will only receive $70,000. Illinois is called a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you will not receive a financial recovery if you are over half at fault.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire an Injury Claim Lawyer? | Imperial, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
It's possible you are anxious about whether or not you can afford legal representation in Imperial, MO because you're already paying for medical expenses and might not be able to work at the moment because of your injuries. An advantage to enlisting the services of an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, in contrast to corporate lawyers in Imperial, MO, we work on a contingency fee basis. There are three chief advantages to that:
- We do not charge anything in advance of services. Because we don't get an hourly amount, we take a percentage of the financial recovery you are awarded — only after we win or settle your claim.
- We charge nothing if we do not secure a successful resolution for your claim. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only earns a living by using their expertise to get you the best possible results.
- We only take cases on when we truly believe we will be able to add significantly more value to your claim . We assume the risk of employing our resources on your behalf, and we'll always be honest with you and will never mislead you.
Regardless of what your present financial situation may be, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Imperial, MO will take on your case and fight with all of our resources to see you get the great results you are entitled to.
Click on the these links to see what other services we offer in Imperial, MO:
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Call HK Law Today
Imperial, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You don't have to go through the complicated legal process alone. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Imperial, MO, we beging working on your claim immediately and keep you informed throughout the entire process. We give you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your Imperial, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Imperial, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.