Injury Claim Lawyer Mexico, MO
Mexico, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | Mexico, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Mexico, MO. Injuries can happen to anyone almost anytime, creating sudden and severe financial, physical and emotional burdens. It can be maddening when your injuries result from someone else's careless actions. Missouri and Illinois law supply a channel for injured victims to get compensation for their injuries through personal injury claims. In most cases, it can be difficult for Mexico, MO residents to receive fair compensation without the aid of an injury claim lawyer. At Halvorsen Klote, we have pledged our lives to getting clients in Missouri and Southern Illinois great compensation, and providing them with the same high standard of legal representation as large insurance companies. If you were injured through no fault of your own, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.
Common Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Mexico, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims are are the manner through which you can seek restitution for injuries caused by someone else's inattentive, reckless, or willful actions. While each accident and each injury claim is unique, most cases fall into one of a number of common categories. Some of the most common claims our injury claim lawyer team takes on in Mexico, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
No matter how your injuries occurred, trust your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Mexico, MO to know how maximize the value of your claim. In order to get the best results for your claim, get in touch with us as soon as possible so we can get started on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Mexico, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You cannot receive compensation for every injury; you must show that another party is at fault for your damages. In order for your claim to be successful, your injury claim lawyer must how the other party's action or inaction amounts to the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Confirming a duty of care is necessary in winning a personal injury claim. You must substantiate that the defendant had an obligation to refrain from acts that could foreseeably injure you. This is a given in auto accident claims, as both Missouri and Illinois have put forth that drivers owe other drivers, passengers, bicyclists and pedestrians a duty of care. Other associations, a doctor-patient relationship or that between a property manager and patron, have preestablished duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: After establishing a breach of duty, you must show that the person who had an obligation to your safety did not act as a reasonable person would or as the law dictates.
- Cause in Fact: The third step is showing that if the other party had acted differently, you would not have incurred any damages. For example, if a driver had not run a red light, or if a restaurant manager had put a "wet floor" sign up, you would not have been injured.
- Proximate Cause: This relates to whether the cause in fact was really the the other party's fault. If a property owner had no way of knowing of a hazardous condition they may not be liable.
- Damages: The last thing you need to prove is that you sustained damages. In a personal injury case, that means you have to provide documentation of your injuries. If a dog nips at you and you only receive a minor cut that doesn't get infected, you likely do not have a claim because you did not sustain any actual damages.
Every Mexico, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to take on, prove, and win every type of personal injury case. If you're unsure if your injuries can be attributed to someone else's negligence, call an injury claim lawyer as soon as possible. Our consultation is free, so there's no reason not to call us to discuss your claim.
Frequently Asked Questions | Mexico, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
The majority of our Mexico, MO clients have never had to make an injury claim before and are unsure about the process and how it works. The following are some of the most frequently asked questions our injury claim lawyer team receives in Mexico, MO:
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the specifics of your accident, the seriousness of your injuries and the talent and dedication of your Mexico, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can secure compensation for:
- Property damage, like damage to your vehicle
- Wage loss from time spent recovering
- Decreased earning capacity if your injuries have permanent effects on your ability to complete tasks at your job
- Medical expenses, such as:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up visits
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Your Mexico, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value the full extent of your damages and secure you the maximum compensation you are owed.
What's the Time Limit to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Both states offer rare exceptions for age or disability, but it is essential to contact an injury claim lawyer in Mexico, MO right away after being in an accident so that the time limit does not run out.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
The phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt" is ubiquitous in American culture. That's the burden of proof that juries and judges must observe in criminal cases so that there is no chance that an innocent person is sent to prison. Personal injury claims are settled and tried in civil court, and the burden of proof is called a preponderance of the evidence. That means that a jury or insurance adjuster must find only that the claim is more likely than not to be true.
So, if a drunk driver evades a criminal conviction because of mistakes in a police reports, you can still hold them responsible in a civil court.
If you and your injury claim lawyer choose to pursue punitive damages, you must provide clear and convincing evidence, which is a higher standard than preponderance of the evidence but lower than beyond a reasonable doubt.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that depends on the particulars of your case. The Bureau of Justice Statistics found that nearly all tort suits are settled out of court. A settlement may only take a few months, while a case that makes it to trial in Mexico, MO can take up to two years. If your injuries do not have a permanent affect on your life, your injury claim lawyer may suggest waiting until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you can be compensated for your full medical bills.
How do Personal Injury Claims Work?
Generally, following an injury caused by another person's negligence in Mexico, MO, the order of events is as follows:
- You get medical care (and keep with it until you have fully recovered).
- You speak to an injury claim lawyer.
- The attorney conducts an investigation into your claim and collects evidence, including police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer sends an official settlement demand letter.
- If the the insurance company refuses to pay the settlement demand, your injury claim lawyer will decide if the best idea is to attempt to negotiate or file a lawsuit.
- The discovery phase starts, wherein your attorney gathers further evidence and collects expert opinions.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the insurance company negotiate before an unbiased intermediary in mediation.
- We take your case to court if we do not secure a fair settlement offer in negotiations.
Can I Still Collect Compensation if I Was Partially at Fault?
Yes. Missouri is what is referred to a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your financial recovery will be taken out by the portion of responsibility you bear for your injury. Meaning, if a jury awards you $100,000 but decides you were 30 percent responsible, you will only recover $70,000. Illinois is considered a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you can only receive a financial recovery if you are less than 50 percent to blame.
How Much Do Injury Claim Lawyers Charge? | Mexico, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You may be worried about whether or not you can afford legal representation in Mexico, MO because you're already paying for medical expenses and might not be able to work at the moment because of your injuries. The great thing about hiring an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, as opposed to criminal defense lawyers in Mexico, MO, we are paid with a contingency fee. There are three main benefits to that:
- There are no upfront costs. Because we don't get an hourly rate, we take a percentage of the compensation you collect — only after we win or settle your case.
- You owe us nothing if we do not win your case. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only earns a living by implementing their expertise to reach a successful resolution in your case.
- We only take cases on when we sincerely believe we will be able to add significantly more value to your claim . We accept the risk of using our resources to win your case, and we'll always be straightforward with you and will never mislead you.
No matter what your current financial circumstances may be, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Mexico, MO will be by your side and fight on your behalf to get you the great results you are owed.
Take a look at the following links to discover what other services we offer in Mexico, MO:
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Call HK Law Today
Mexico, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You don't have to go through the complex legal process alone. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Mexico, MO, we start working on your case right away and keep you informed until we secure a successful resolution. We give you all the information you need to do the best thing for you and your Mexico, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Mexico, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.