Injury Claim Lawyer Camdenton, MO
Camdenton, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Evaluation | Camdenton, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Camdenton, MO. Injuries can happen to anyone almost anytime, creating unforeseen and devastating financial, physical and emotional afflictions. It can be infuriating when your injuries are caused by someone else's negligence. Missouri and Illinois law provide a channel for injured victims to collect compensation for their damages by means of personal injury claims. Usually, you'll need the help of an injury claim lawyer in Camdenton, MO to get the most value for your claim. At Halvorsen Klote, we have pledged our lives to getting clients in Missouri and Southern Illinois great compensation, and providing them with the same high standard of legal representation as large insurance companies. If you were injured through no fault of your own, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Leading Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Camdenton, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims refer to the process one goes through to seek restitution for injuries caused by someone else's incautious, reckless, or calculated behavior. While each accident and each injury claim is unique, most cases fall into one of several common accident types. Some of the most frequent claims our injury claim lawyer team takes on in Camdenton, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
Regardless of the cause of your injuries, trust your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Camdenton, MO to get you the best possible financial recovery. To take the first step in recovering restitution for your injuries, call us right away so we can get started on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Camdenton, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You cannot receive compensation for every injury; you must show that someone else is liable for your damages. In order for your injury claim lawyer to win your case, they must how the other party's action or inaction amounts to the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Confirming a duty of care is predominant your claim. You must substantiate that the defendant had a responsibility to refrain from acts that could foreseeably injure you. This is a given in auto accident claims, as both Missouri and Illinois have stipulated that drivers owe other drivers, passengers, bicyclists and pedestrians a duty of care. Other relationships, such as between a doctor and patient or a property owner and patron, have predetermined duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: Next, you have to show that the person who had a responsibility to your safety behaved in a way that was unreasonable or committed an act that was against the law.
- Cause in Fact: The third step is showing that were it not for the defendant's actions or inaction, your injuries would not have occurred. Meaning, if a driver had not been distracted, or if a restaurant manager had put a "wet floor" sign up, you would not have been injured.
- Proximate Cause: This relates to whether the cause in fact was really the the other party's fault. If a driver ran a red light because their breaks malfunctioned, then the duty of care may have been breached by a manufacturer or mechanic, not by the driver.
- Damages: The final aspect of negligence is that you incurred damages. In a personal injury claim, that means you were injured. If you're in a slip and fall and only sustain a minor bruise that goes away after a couple days, you probably do not have a claim because you did not sustain any real injury.
Every Camdenton, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to prove the five elements of negligence and get you the great results you are entitled to. If don't know whether or not another party bears responsibility for your damages, it's best to consult with an injury claim lawyer right away. Our consultation is free, so there's no risk in calling us to discuss your claim.
Frequently Asked Questions | Camdenton, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
When we take on a new case in Camdenton, MO, it's typically the first time our client has gone through an injury claim and is understandably uncertain about what the whole process entails. Read on below for some FAQs from your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Camdenton, MO:
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the particulars of your case, the extent of your damages and the talent and dedication of your Camdenton, MO injury claim lawyer. With our assistance you can secure a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for example damage to your vehicle
- Wage loss for any time periods where your injury did not permit you to work
- Lowered earning potential if your injuries result in disability
- Medical costs, for instance:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' appointments
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Camdenton, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to precisely value claims and secure you the complete financial recovery you deserve.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims?
In Missouri, you typically have five years after the date you suffered your injury to file a claim, while you have only two years in Illinois.
There are some important exceptions in each state, but it is paramount to call an injury claim lawyer in Camdenton, MO as soon as you can after being in an accident to avoid bringing difficulties to your case.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
We've all heard the phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt." That's the burden of proof that juries and judges must adhere to in criminal court so that there is no chance that an innocent person is incarcerated. Personal injury claims are civil cases, and the the applicable burden of proof is a preponderance of the evidence. Pursuant to that standard a jury or insurance adjuster must find only that the claim is more likely than not to be true.
So, if a drunk driver gets out of their criminal case because of mistakes in a police reports, you can still hold them to blame in a civil court.
If your injury claim lawyer is helping you seek punitive damages, you must provide clear and convincing evidence, which means that the jury or insurance adjuster are left with a clear conviction that the claim is probably true.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that will change based on the individual circumstances of your claim. The Bureau of Justice Statistics reports that the vast majority of tort lawsuits are settled out of court. If the parties settle, you can receive compensation within a few months, while you might have to wait for up to two years if a case in Camdenton, MO goes to court. If your injuries do not lead to permanent disability, it might be preferable to wait until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you know the full extent of your medical expenses.
What's the Process of a Personal Injury Claim?
Generally, after you've been injured by another person's negligence in Camdenton, MO, the order of events is as follows:
- You receive medical care (and keep with it until you have completely recovered).
- You discuss your claim with an injury claim lawyer.
- The attorney carries out an investigation into your claim and obtains evidence, including police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer writes an official settlement demand letter.
- If the the insurance company does not agree with the settlement demand, your injury claim lawyer may decide to negotiate or may go directly to filing a lawsuit.
- Your lawyer enters the discovery phase, where they gather more evidence and collect expert opinions.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the the other party enter negotiations in front of an impartial party in mediation.
- We take your case to trial if negotiations do not yield a fair settlement offer.
Can I Still Recover Compensation if I Was Partially Liable?
Yes. Missouri is what is called a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your compensation will be reduced by the percent of blame you bear for your injury. Meaning, if a jury decides your damages add up to $100,000 but determines you were 30 percent to blame, you will only receive $70,000. Illinois is considered a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you will not receive a financial recovery if you are more than 50 percent responsible.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire an Injury Claim Lawyer? | Camdenton, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
It's possible you are worried about whether or not you can afford legal representation in Camdenton, MO because you're already paying for medical expenses and might not be able to work at the moment because of your injuries. The great thing about enlisting the services of an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, as opposed to corporate attorneys in Camdenton, MO, we charge a contingency fee. There are three chief advantages to that:
- We charge no upfront fees. Because we don't get an hourly rate, we take a portion of the financial recovery you are awarded — only after we win or settle your claim.
- We charge nothing if we do not secure a successful resolution for your claim. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only earns a living by implementing their talent and drive to attain a successful resolution in your case.
- We only take cases on when we honestly believe we can add substantially more value to your claim . We assume the risk of using our resources for you, and we'll always be honest with you and will never mislead you.
Whatever your current economic status is, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Camdenton, MO will be by your side and fight on your behalf to get you the great results you are owed.
Check out the links below to discover what other services we offer in Camdenton, MO:
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Call HK Law Today
Camdenton, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You shouldn't have to pay because someone else was negligent and injured you. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Camdenton, MO, we start working on your claim right away and maintain an open and consistent line of communication with you throughout the entire process. We make sure you understand your claim and the law so you can do the best thing for you and your Camdenton, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Camdenton, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.
Attorney at Law
Samantha Orlowski is a practicing attorney Halvorsen Klote.
Samantha joined Halvorsen Klote in 2018 as a law clerk and has since become a practicing attorney. Sam's number one priority is to provide individualized experiences for each client to achieve the best results.