Bike Wreck Lawyer in Camdenton, MO
Greater St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Camdenton, MO Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Bike wreck lawyer in Camdenton, MO. Bike wrecks are always unexpected, and they can be devastating. Whether you're a veteran Camdenton, MO cyclist or only brush the cobwebs off your bike occasionally, the repercussions of a bicycle wrecks can include horrible injuries, medical bills that are piling up and a lot of questions about your legal rights. If you've been injured in a bike accident, you need to find the right Camdenton, MO bicycle accident lawyer to help you navigate the complex legal system and receive the financial recovery you deserve. At Halvorsen Klote, we believe that those injured through another's negligence should be able to afford the same high standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have. That's why you don't owe us anything unless we when your case. Located in the Greater St. Louis area, on both sides of the river, we deliver. Speak to an attorney today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a consultation at no cost to you.
Camdenton, MO Bike Wreck Lawyer: The Statistics
As cycling becomes increasingly popular, the rate of bicycle accidents has also been on the rise. In fact, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there were 938 bicyclist fatalities in 2020 alone. Even though bike riding makes up just one percent of trips in the United States, they account for 2.3 percent of all auto accident deaths. In 2019, an estimated 49,000 bicyclists were injured nationwide.
According to the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium, there were 381 bicycle accidents in the state in 2021, causing 316 injuries and 7 fatalities. In Illinois in 2020, there were 2,180 bike accidents, 1,995 of which resulted in injury and 28 of which were fatal, according to the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics.
What to Look for to Find the Best Camdenton, MO Bike Wreck Lawyer
When you're looking for a bike wreck lawyer to take on your case, there are a number of important factors to consider. When looking for a lawyer for your bike accident, here are some of the most important factors to consider:
- Experience — Look for a lawyer who's handled your type of case before. They should know the unique legal issues that can arise with your type of injury.
- Reputation — Do some investigating yourself to find a lawyer with a solid reputation in the legal community. Check out testimonials from injury victims they've helped in the past to get a sense of how they treat their clients and attack cases. Have they ever been disciplined by a state board, or do they have a reputation for integrity?
- Communication — Choose an attorney who answers your calls, your calls back in a timely manner. You want a lawyer who will keep you informed about your case for its duration.
- Fees — Find out how the lawyer accepts payment. With personal injury, lawyers often work on a contingency-fee basis, meaning their fees are a portion of your compensation – only after you've won. Others may charge an hourly fee or a flat rate. A bike wreck lawyer's fee structure will impact how much money you get once you've been compensated.
- Location — Consider the lawyer's location in relation to your own. You need an attorney who is familiar with the local laws and court system.
Why You Need to Hire a Bike Wreck Lawyer in Camdenton, MO
Bike accidents are most commonly caused by drivers who break the rules of the road. If you have been involved in a bike accident, it is essential to hire a bike wreck lawyer to ensure that you are justly compensated for your injuries and other damages. Our group of experienced Camdenton, MO bike wreck lawyers has has secured great financial recoveries for clients in a variety of bike wreck claims. We have the experience and resources to perform a full investigation into your accident to build a successful legal strategy.
Insurance companies try to trick injury victims and try to avoid paying claims as much as possible. Injury victims who have never needed to make an injury claim before need a knowledgeable attorney on their team to make the process easy and fair. At Holversen Klote, your Camdenton, MO bike accident lawyer won't let the insurance company deny their responsibility to compensate you. We'll walk you through the personal injury process and negotiate a fair settlement.
What Our Camdenton, MO Bike Wreck Lawyers Can Do For You
If you have been injured in a bike accident, our team of bike wreck lawyers in Camdenton, MO offer:
- Free Case Evaluation — As most injury victims have never had to go through the personal injury process before, we're often asked a lot of questions. You shouldn't have to spend money just to understand the basics of your case. We'll discuss your accident with you and tell you how relevant laws affect your case so you feel comfortable moving forward.
- Investigation — Once you decide to hire us, we will conduct a full investigation into what caused your injuries and how, including obtaining evidence and interviewing people who saw the accident. This will allow us to build a strong case on your behalf, and fight back against any lies from the insurance adjuster. We'll also add up all of your damages to determine the monetary value of your personal injury claim.
- Communication — We will communicate with insurance companies and other relevant parties, including medical providers, to ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive the compensation you deserve. We'll also never let you feel like you don't know the status of your claim. Our Camdenton, MO lawyers are client-centered, and we want you to feel good about the progress of our case, and feel like we're available to help whenever you need us.
- Negotiation — We will negotiate with the other party's insurance company to secure a fair settlement for your economic and non-economic damages. Sometimes negotiation only takes a couple months, while other times we'll need to use alternative dispute resolution strategies like mediation if the insurance company won't be fair. If necessary, we will file a lawsuit and take your case to trial to ensure you get every penny you are entitled to.
- Compensation — We will fight to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation possible for your injuries and other damages, including medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering.
At Halvorsen Klote, we are dedicated to providing the top-quality legal advocacy to injury victims in Camdenton, MO. We have consistent record of success in bike accident cases and are devoted to helping our clients get the compensation they deserve.
What Causes Bike Wrecks in Camdenton, MO?
Bicycle wrecks happen for a variety of reasons, including:
- Negligent Drivers — human error is a contributing factor in almost all auto accidents. Examples of driver negligence include:
- Road conditions — Poor road conditions such as potholes, trash and environmental debris, uneven pavement or poor road planning can cause cyclists to lose control of their bikes and potentially crash.
- Mechanical failures — Bike wrecks can also be the result of mechanical failures, such as brake failure, tire blowouts or issues with other equipment. Cars can also suffer mechanical malfunctions, for example with brakes or steering, that cause bike wrecks.
- Weather — Adverse weather conditions such as rain, snow, or ice can make roads slippery and increase the risk of bicycle accidents.
- Lack of visibility — Bicycles may be difficult to see, particularly at night, and lack of visibility can make it harder for other drivers to see bikes.
- Lack of Bicycle Infrastructure — A lack of specific bike lanes or protected bike paths can make cycling on the road more dangerous and increase the probability of crashes.
Who Is Liable for My Bike Wreck Injuries?
Liability for your bicycle crash – meaning who owes your compensation – depends on the how your accident occurred and why. Depending on circumstances of your bike wreck in Camdenton, MO, we may be able to hold the following parties responsible:
- A negligent driver
- Another bicyclist or pedestrian who caused the accident
- A construction company or government agency responsible for designing, building, repairing or maintaining a road
- A bicycle manufacturer or car manufacturer, distributor or dealer in a product liability lawsuit
- A mechanic who negligently worked on your bicycle or a different vehicle that caused that crash, causing a malfunction
One of the biggest advantages of hiring a knowledgeable Camdenton, MO bike wreck lawyer is that they'll investigate every aspect of your case. If someone contributed to your injuries, our investigation will show that and we will hold them accountable for the harm they've caused.
What to Do if You’ve Been Injured in a Bicycle Accident
A bicycle wreck is a difficult and unexpected occurrence. However, by keeping a level head and taking the right action, you can do wonders for your physical well-being as well as your financial recovery. If you’ve been injured in a bicycle accident in Camdenton, MO, immediately afterwards you should do the following:
- Seek Medical Treatment — If you are injured in a bicycle crash, get medical treatment as soon as you can. Even if your injuries seem minor, it's essential to be seen by a medical professional in the following days to ensure that there are no underlying injuries. To make an injury claim, you need documentation of your injuries. In addition, the more expensive your medical expenses, the higher the financial recovery you'll get for your pain and suffering and emotional distress.
- Report the Accident — Call the police to the scene of the accident. This will create an official record of the accident, which will be useful later when you file take legal action. Police are taught how to assign liability in crashes, and will include the other driver's negligence in their report. If you didn't call police to the scene of the accident, you need to go to a local police station as soon as you can to file your report.
- Gather Evidence — Take photos of the scene of the accident, including any damage to your bike, injuries and the surrounding area. Write down what happened before forgetting key details, including the date and time, location and any other relevant information.
- Collect Information — Gather the contact info of any witnesses to the accident, as well as the driver's contact and insurance info. The witnesses will be able to corroborate your version of events during their depositions.
- Contact a Bike Wreck Lawyer — If you were injured through no fault of your own, don't hesitate to call a personal injury lawyer. A talented lawyer can help you navigate the claims system and ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries. We'll handle all the legal aspects for you so you can focus on healing.
In the days and weeks following your accident, you should:
- Continue all recommended medical care. This will ensure your physical recovery, and also clearly document the extent of your injuries.
- Keep a daily journal of the physical and emotional burdens you suffer because of your injuries. This will help verify your non-economic damages.
- Don't post on social media – even a relatively boring post may allow the insurance company to say your injuries aren't as severe as you say.
- Do not give a recorded statement to the insurance company without talking to an attorney first.
Frequently Asked Questions About Camdenton, MO Bike Wreck Lawyers
If you're looking for a bike wreck lawyer in Camdenton, MO, you probably have some questions. Here are some frequently asked questions about personal injury claims:
- Is a bike wreck lawyer necessary?
While you you have no legal obligation to hire a lawyer after a bike accident, it is often in your best interest, particularly if the crash resulted in more serious injuries that require a lot of treatment. A bike wreck lawyer can help you navigate the complex legal system, negotiate with insurance companies and get you the compensation you deserve.
- How much does a bike wreck lawyer cost?
We work on a contingency fee basis. That means that rather than a hourly fee, we collect a portion of your financial recovery as our attorneys' fees, but only after you've been paid. With a contingency fee arrangement, money is never a barrier to getting the first-rate legal advocacy you deserve.
- How long before I get my settlement?
How long it takes to resolve a bike accident claim can change drastically depending on the circumstances of the case. Often, we can close the case within a couple months, while in others it may take many more months or even years before the insurance company agrees to pay you what is fair.
- What if the negligent motorist doesn't have insurance?
If the other party involved in your bike accident is not insured, it can make it more difficult to recover compensation. However, a bike wreck lawyer can help you explore other options for getting the compensation you are owed. You can file a claim through your own insurance, or your Camdenton, MO bike wreck lawyer may be able to find other liable parties.
- What if I was partially at fault for the accident?
Even if you were partially at fault for the accident, you are mot barred from receiving compensation. However, the amount of compensation you are entitled to may be decreased based on your level of fault. For instance, if your damages were $100,000 but you were 15% at fault, you would receive $85,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.765, injury victims in Missouri can still recover compensation even if they are 99% to blame (you would receive 1% of your damages. But, in Illinois, under 735 ILCS 5/2-1116, you cannot receive compensation if you share more than 50% of the blame (if the accident is mostly your fault).
Speak to a Bike Wreck Lawyer in Camdenton, MO Today | Halvorsen Klote
Halvorsen Klote is a reputed and experienced injury law firm that serves victims of bike accidents in Camdenton, MO. Our attorneys are aggressive negotiators and litigators who are not afraid to take your case to trial if they have to. We have demonstrated history of success in securing large settlements and verdicts for our clients, and we are committed to providing the highest level of legal representation to every client we serve. Speak to an attorney today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.