Bike Wreck Lawyer in Weldon Spring, MO
Greater St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Weldon Spring, MO Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Bike wreck lawyer in Weldon Spring, MO. Bike wrecks can be terrifying and have severe consequences. Whether you're a consistent Weldon Spring, MO cyclist or a casual rider, the outcome of a bicycle wrecks can leave you with horrible injuries, mounting medical bills and a lot of doubts about your legal rights. If you've been involved in a bike accident, you need to find the right Weldon Spring, MO bicycle accident lawyer to help you navigate the complicated legal system and secure the compensation you are legally entitled to. At Halvorsen Klote, we founded our practice on the principle that injury victims should have access to the same high-quality legal advocacy that large insurance companies have. We don't win? You don't owe us a thing. Located in the Greater St. Louis area, on both sides of the river, we deliver. Call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation consultation.
Weldon Spring, MO Bike Wreck Lawyer: The Statistics
As cycling becomes increasingly popular, the number of bicycle accidents has also been on the rise. In fact, pursuant to research from the the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there were 938 bicycle accident related deaths in 2020 alone. Despite the fact that bicycle trips make up only one percent of trips nationwide, they result in 2.3 percent of all auto accident fatalities. In 2019, an estimated 49,000 bicyclists were injured nationwide.
According to the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium, there were 381 bicycle accidents in the state in 2021, causing 316 injuries and 7 fatalities. In Illinois in 2020, there were 2,180 bicycle crashes, 1,995 of which lead to injury and 28 of which were fatal, according to the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics.
How to Find the Right Weldon Spring, MO Bike Wreck Lawyer for Your Claim
When you're looking for a bike wreck lawyer to get you the compensation you deserve, there are a few key things to consider. When searching for a lawyer for your bike accident, here are some of the things to look for:
- Experience — Look for a lawyer who's taken on and won your type of case before. They should be familiar with the unique challenges that can arise in these cases.
- Reputation — Do your research to find a lawyer whose positive reputation precedes them. Check out testimonials from previous clients to get a feeling for their track record. Have they ever been officially disciplined, or do they have a reputation for integrity?
- Communication — Choose an attorney who answers your calls, your calls back in a timely manner. You need a lawyer who will keep you up-to-date on your case for its duration.
- Fees — Find out how the lawyer accepts payment. Some attorneys work on a contingency-fee basis, meaning they only get paid if you win your case. However, sometimes they charge under a different structure. A bike wreck lawyer's fee structure will impact how much money you get once you've been compensated.
- Location — Consider where they typically practice law. You need an attorney who is familiar with the local laws and court system.
Why You Need to Hire a Bike Wreck Lawyer in Weldon Spring, MO
Bike accidents are often caused by drivers who break the rules of the road. If you have been involved in a bike accident, it is important to hire a bike wreck lawyer to protect your rights. Our team of experienced Weldon Spring, MO bike wreck lawyers has has secured great financial recoveries for clients in a variety of bike crash cases. We have the knowledge and resources to carry out an exhaustive investigation into your accident and build a strong case on your behalf.
Insurance adjusters try to trick injury victims and will do anything possible to avoid having to pay you the money are deserve. Injury victims who have not had to deal with the claims process before need an experienced attorney on their team to handle their claim for them. At Holversen Klote, your Weldon Spring, MO bike accident lawyer won't let the insurance company get away with their lies. We'll guide you through the personal injury process and negotiate a fair settlement.
What Our Weldon Spring, MO Bike Wreck Lawyers Can Do For You
If you were harmed in a bike crash by someone else's negligence, our team of bike wreck lawyers in Weldon Spring, MO offer:
- Free Case Evaluation — As most injury victims have never had to deal with the personal injury process before, it's natural to have a lot of questions. You shouldn't have to pay just to understand your situation a little better. We'll discuss your accident with you and tell you how relevant laws affect your case so you feel comfortable proceeding with the process.
- Investigation — If you decide to enlist our services, we will conduct a full investigation into what caused your injuries and how, including acquiring evidence and interviewing people who saw the accident. This will help us develop a winning legal strategy, and counter any lies the insurance company tells you. We'll also fully calculate your damages to accurately determine the monetary value of your personal injury claim.
- Communication — We will handle all the communication with insurance companies and other parties involved in your case, including your healthcare providers, to ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive the compensation you deserve. We'll also keep an open line of communication with you. Our Weldon Spring, MO firm is client-centered, and we want you to know that we'll be there for you whenever you need it.
- Negotiation — We will negotiate with the at-fault driver's insurance company to reach a fair settlement for your injuries and losses. Sometimes negotiation only takes a couple months, while sometimes we need to proceed to mediation if the insurance company isn't close to offering what you deserve. If they still refuse to give you what you're owed, we will file a lawsuit and take your case in front of a judge and jury to ensure you are fairly compensated for all of your damages.
- Compensation — We will fight to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation possible for your injuries and other damages, including medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering.
At Halvorsen Klote, we are devoted to providing the top-quality legal advocacy to injury victims in Weldon Spring, MO. We have a demonstrated history of success in bike accident cases and are dedicated to helping our clients be fully compensated for their injuries.
What Causes Bike Wrecks in Weldon Spring, MO?
Bike accidents happen for a variety of reasons, including:
- Negligent Drivers — human error contributes to 98% of auto accidents. Examples of driver negligence include:
- Road conditions — Road hazards such as potholes, debris, cracked pavement or poor construction can cause bicyclists and other drivers to lose control of their bikes and potentially crash.
- Mechanical failures — Bike accidents can also be due to mechanical defects, like brake failure, tire blowouts or problems with the chain or pedals. Cars are also susceptible to mechanical malfunctions, for example with brakes or steering, that could cause them to hit a bicycle.
- Weather — Poor weather conditions such as rain, snow, or ice can make roads slippery and make it harder to control a bike or car.
- Lack of visibility — Bicycles are harder to see, especially in the dark, and lack of visibility can increase the risk of accidents.
- Lack of Bicycle Infrastructure — Not having dedicated bike lanes or protected bike paths can force bicyclists to bike on the roads with larger vehicles and increase the likelihood of accidents.
Who Is Liable for My Bike Wreck Injuries?
Liability for your bicycle crash – meaning who we can hold responsible for your injuries – depends on the specifics of your case and what caused and contributed to your crash. Depending on circumstances of your bike wreck in Weldon Spring, MO, liable parties may include:
- A negligent driver
- A negligent bicyclist or pedestrian
- A construction company or government agency responsible for designing, constructing, repairing or maintaining a road
- A vehicle manufacturer, distributor or vendor in a product liability claim
- A mechanic who did a careless job repairing your bicycle or a car, causing it to fail
One of the biggest benefits of hiring a talented Weldon Spring, MO bike wreck lawyer is that they'll leave no stone unturned. If someone had a hand in the accident that injured you, our investigation will show that and we will hold them responsible for their actions.
What to Do After Being Injured in a Bicycle Accident
A bike accident is a trying and unanticipated occurrence. However, by keeping a level head and taking appropriate action, you can do wonders for your physical well-being as well as your financial recovery. If you’ve been involved in a bike accident in Weldon Spring, MO, there are several steps you should take:
- Get Medical Treatment — If you are hurt in a bicycle accident, get medical treatment as soon as possible. Even if your injuries don't seem severe, it's important to get checked out by a healthcare provider in the following days to ensure that you're 100% good to go. To file an injury claim, you need medical records. Furthermore, the more expensive your medical expenses, the higher your final payout will be.
- Report the Accident — Call the police to the accident site. This will create an official record of the accident, which will be useful later when you file your claim. Police are trained to determine blame in crashes, and will include the other driver's negligence in their report. If you didn't call police immediately after the crash, make sure to go to a local police station in the following days to file your report.
- Gather Evidence — Take pictures of the crash, including any damage to your bike, injuries and the surrounding area. Write down what happened while your memory's still fresh, including the date and time, location and any other details, even ones that don't seem important at the time.
- Collect Information — Gather the contact info of anyone who saw your wreck, as well as the driver's name, contact information and insurance information. The witnesses will be able to confirm your version of events when they give their depositions.
- Call a Bike Wreck Lawyer — If you were injured through no fault of your own, don't hesitate to call a personal injury lawyer. A skilled lawyer can help you understand the legal process and ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries. We'll handle all the litigation so you can focus on healing.
In the days and weeks following your accident, you should:
- Continue all medical treatments that your doctor, physical therapist and/or chiropractor recommends. This will help you heal as best as possible, and also clearly document the extent of your injuries.
- Keep a daily journal of the physical and emotional hardships you suffer because of your injuries. This will be strong evidence for your non-economic damages.
- Forget about social media – even a relatively boring post may make the insurance company think your injuries aren't as severe as you say.
- Do not give a recorded statement to the insurance company without talking to an attorney first.
FAQs About Weldon Spring, MO Bike Wreck Lawyers
If you're looking for a bike wreck lawyer in Weldon Spring, MO, you probably have some questions. Below are some frequently asked questions about personal injury claims:
- Do I really need a bike wreck lawyer?
While you you have no legal obligation to hire a lawyer after a bike accident, it is highly recommended, particularly if the wreck caused more serious injuries that need a lot of treatment. A bike wreck lawyer can help you navigate the complex legal system, negotiate with insurance companies and ensure that your rights are protected.
- How much does a bike wreck lawyer cost?
Halvorsen Klote works on a contingency fee basis. Meaning, instead of a hourly fee, we receive a portion of your financial recovery as our attorneys' fees, but only after we've won your case. With a contingency fee arrangement, money is never a barrier to getting the outstanding legal representation you need.
- How long will my case take to resolve?
How long it takes to get you compensation for your bike accident claim can vary depending on your specific accident and injuries. In some cases, we can close the case within two months, while other cases may require many more months or even years before the insurance company agrees to pay you what is fair.
- What if the negligent motorist doesn't have insurance?
If the other party involved in your bike accident does not have insurance, it can make it more difficult to recover compensation. However, a bike wreck lawyer can help you explore other insurance coverages to get the compensation you deserve. You can make a claim through your own insurance, or your Weldon Spring, MO bike wreck lawyer may be able to find other liable parties.
- What if I was partially at fault for the accident?
Even if you bear some responsibility for the crash, you are mot prohibited from receiving compensation. However, the amount of compensation you are owed may be decreased based on your level of fault. For instance, if your damages were $100,000 but you were 15% to blame, you would receive $85,000.
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.765, injury victims in Missouri can still recover compensation even if they are 99% to blame (you would receive 1% of your damages. But, in Illinois, under 735 ILCS 5/2-1116, you cannot receive compensation if you share more than 50% of the blame (if the accident is mostly your fault).
Speak to a Bike Wreck Lawyer in Weldon Spring, MO Today | Halvorsen Klote
Halvorsen Klote is a reputed and experienced injury law firm that helps victims of bike accidents in Weldon Spring, MO. Our attorneys are aggressive negotiators and litigators who are not afraid to take your case to trial if they have to. We have a proven track record of success in securing large settlements and verdicts for our clients, and we are committed to providing the highest level of legal representation to every client we serve. Call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.