Bike Wreck Lawyer in Wright City, MO
Greater St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Wright City, MO Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Bike wreck lawyer in Wright City, MO. Bike crashes are terrifying and devastating. Whether you're a seasoned Wright City, MO cyclist or only brush the cobwebs off your bike every now and then, the outcome of a bike wrecks can leave you with serious injuries, mounting medical bills and a lot of doubts about your legal rights. If you've been injured in a bike accident, you need to find the right Wright City, MO bicycle accident lawyer to guide you through the injury claims process and get the compensation you are legally entitled to. At Halvorsen Klote, we believe that those injured through another's negligence should be able to afford the same high standard of legal representation that powerful insurance companies have. We don't win? You don't pay. Located in the Greater St. Louis area, Halvorsen Klote serves injury victims on both sides of the river. Call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a consultation at no cost to you.
Wright City, MO Bike Wreck Lawyer: The Statistics
As cycling becomes increasingly popular, the number of bicycle accidents has also been on the rise. In fact, pursuant to data from the the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there were 938 bicyclist deaths just in 2020. Even though bicycle trips make up just one percent of trips in the U.S., they result in 2.3 percent of all traffic fatalities. In 2019, approximately 49,000 bicyclists suffered injuries nationwide.
According to research from the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium, there were 381 bicycle accidents in the state in 2021, which resulted in 316 injuries and 7 fatalities. In Illinois in 2020, there were 2,180 bike accidents, 1,995 of which caused injury and 28 of which were fatal, according to the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics.
How to Find the Right Wright City, MO Bike Wreck Lawyer for Your Case
When it comes to hiring the right bike wreck lawyer for your case, there are a few key things to consider. When looking for a lawyer for your bike accident, you should look at:
- Experience — Look for a lawyer who's taken on and won your type of case before. They should be familiar with the unique legal issues that can arise in these cases.
- Reputation — Do some investigating yourself to find a lawyer whose positive reputation precedes them. Check out testimonials from past clients to get a feeling for their track record. Have they ever been officially disciplined, or do others speak highly of their integrity?
- Communication — Hire a lawyer who communicates well with their clients. You want someone who will keep you informed about your case from initial consultation all the through to the end.
- Fees — Find out how the attorney accepts payment. Some attorneys accept a contingency fee, meaning their fees are a percentage of your final payout – only after you've won. Others may charge under a different structure. A bike wreck lawyer's fee structure will impact how much money you get at the end of the day.
- Location — Consider where they typically practice law. You want a lawyer who is familiar with the local laws and court system.
Why You Need to Hire a Bike Wreck Lawyer in Wright City, MO
Bike accidents are most commonly caused by negligent drivers. If you have been involved in a bike accident, it is essential to hire a bike wreck lawyer to ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries and other damages. Our group of experienced Wright City, MO bike wreck lawyers has successfully represented clients in all kinds of bike accident claims. We have the knowledge and resources to carry out an exhaustive investigation into your accident to come up with an effective legal strategy.
Insurance companies mislead injury victims and will do anything possible to avoid having to pay you the money are deserve. Injury victims who have never needed to make an injury claim before need a knowledgeable attorney on their team to handle their claim for them. At Holversen Klote, your Wright City, MO bike accident lawyer won't let the insurance company get away with their lies. We'll walk you through the personal injury process and negotiate a fair settlement.
How Our Wright City, MO Bike Wreck Lawyers Can Help You
If you were harmed in a bike crash by someone else's negligence, our team of bike wreck lawyers in Wright City, MO offer:
- Free Consultation — As most of our clients have never had to go through the personal injury process before, we're often asked a lot of questions. You don't need to pay just to understand your situation a little better. We'll review your case with you, go over your options and answer any questions you may have so you have peace of mind proceeding with the process.
- Investigation — Once you decide to hire us, we will conduct a full investigation into what caused your injuries and how, including acquiring evidence and speaking to witnesses. This will allow us to develop a winning legal strategy, and fight back against any misleading statements from the insurance adjuster. We'll also add up all of your damages to ascertain how much your personal injury claim is worth.
- Communication — We will handle all the communication with insurance adjusters and other relevant parties, including your doctor, to ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive the compensation you deserve. We'll also be 100% transparent with you. Our Wright City, MO lawyers are client-centered, and we want you to feel good about the progress of our case, and feel like we're available to answer any questions along the way.
- Negotiation — We will handle all the negotiations with the at-fault driver's insurance company to secure a fair financial recovery for your economic and non-economic damages. Sometimes this is fairly quick, while sometimes we need to proceed to mediation if the insurance company won't be fair. If necessary, we will file a lawsuit and take your case in front of a judge and jury to ensure that you receive the compensation you are entitled to.
- Compensation — We will work to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation possible for your injuries and other damages, including medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering.
At Halvorsen Klote, we are committed to providing the top-quality legal representation to our Wright City, MO clients. We have a proven track record of success in bike accident cases and are devoted to helping our clients get the compensation they deserve.
What Causes Bike Wrecks in Wright City, MO?
Bike crashes occur for a variety of reasons, including:
- Negligent Drivers — 98% of auto accidents involve human error. Those errors can include:
- Road conditions — Poor road conditions such as potholes, debris, cracked pavement or poor road planning can cause bicyclists and other motorists to lose control of their bikes and potentially crash.
- Mechanical failures — Bike crashes can also be the result of mechanical defects, like brake failure, tire blowouts or issues with other equipment. Cars are also prone to mechanical defects, for example with brakes or steering, that cause bike wrecks.
- Weather — Poor weather conditions such as rain, snow, or ice can make roads slippery and make it harder to control a bike or other vehicle.
- Lack of visibility — Bicycles are harder to spot, especially in the dark, and that can increase the risk of accidents.
- Lack of Bicycle Infrastructure — Not having dedicated bike lanes or protected bike paths can make cycling on the road more dangerous and increase the probability of crashes.
Who Is Liable for My Bike Wreck Injuries?
Liability for your bike crash – meaning who owes your compensation – depends on the how your injuries occurred and why. Depending on specifics of your bike wreck in Wright City, MO, liable parties may include:
- A driver who broke the rules of the road
- Another bicyclist or pedestrian who caused the accident
- A construction company or government agency tasked with designing, constructing, fixing or maintaining a road
- A vehicle manufacturer, distributor or vendor in a product liability case
- A mechanic who negligently worked on your bicycle or a different vehicle that caused that crash, causing a malfunction
One of the biggest advantages of hiring a knowledgeable Wright City, MO bike wreck lawyer is that they'll look into every aspect of your case. If someone had a hand in the accident that injured you, our investigation will show that and we will hold them responsible for the harm they've caused.
What to Do if You’ve Been Injured in a Bicycle Accident
A bike wreck is a difficult and unexpected event. But, by keeping a level head and taking appropriate steps, you can increase your chances of healing and getting full compensation. If you’ve been hurt in a bike crash in Wright City, MO, there are several steps you should take:
- Seek Medical Attention — If you are harmed in a bike wreck, seek medical attention immediately. Even if your injuries don't seem severe, it's essential to be seen by a physician in the following days to ensure that you're 100% good to go. To make an injury claim, you need documentation of your injuries. Additionally, the costlier your medical bills, the more compensation you'll receive for your non-economic damages.
- Report the Accident — If you are involved in a bike wreck, report it to the police. This will create an official record of the accident, which will be useful later when you file a claim with the insurance company. Police are taught how to assign fault in accidents, and will include the other driver's negligence in their report. If you didn't call police to the scene of the accident, make sure to go to a local police station as soon as you can to file your report.
- Obtain Evidence — Take photos of the crash, including any damage to your bike, injuries and the surrounding area. Write down details about what happened, including the date and time, location and any other details, even ones that don't seem important in the moment.
- Collect Information — Gather the names and contact information of any witnesses to your wreck, in addition to the driver's name, contact information and insurance information. The witnesses will be able to verify your version of events during their depositions.
- Contact a Bike Wreck Lawyer — If you are harmed in a bicycle accident, don't hesitate to call a personal injury lawyer. A knowledgeable lawyer can help you navigate the legal process and ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries. We'll handle all the litigation so you can focus on your physical recovery.
After consulting with an attorney:
- Continue all recommended medical treatment. This will ensure your physical recovery, and also clearly document the extent of your injuries.
- Keep a daily journal of how you're feeling and how your injuries have impacted your life. This will help verify your non-economic damages.
- Stay off social media – even a seemingly innocent post may make the insurance company think your injuries aren't as severe as you say.
- Do not give a recorded statement to the insurance company without talking to an attorney first.
Frequently Asked Questions About Wright City, MO Bike Wreck Lawyers
If you're looking for a bike wreck lawyer in Wright City, MO, you probably have some questions. The following are some frequently asked questions about personal injury claims:
- Do I really need a bike wreck lawyer?
While you are not required to hire a lawyer after a bike accident, it is often in your best interest, especially if the accident resulted in more severe injuries that require ongoing medical care. A bike wreck lawyer can help you navigate the complex legal system, negotiate with insurance companies and ensure that your rights are protected.
- How much does a bike wreck lawyer cost?
We work on a contingency fee basis. That means that rather than a hourly fee, we receive a portion of your financial recovery as our attorneys' fees, but only after you've been paid. With a contingency fee arrangement, money is never a barrier to getting the first-rate legal representation you deserve.
- How long will my case take to resolve?
How long it takes to resolve a bike accident claim can change drastically depending on your specific accident and injuries. In some cases, a settlement can be reached within a month or two, while in others it may take many more months or even years to reach a resolution.
- What if the other party doesn't have insurance?
If the person who injured you is not insured, it can make it more difficult to recover compensation. However, a bike wreck lawyer can help you explore other insurance coverages to get the compensation you are owed. You can file a claim through your own insurance, or your Wright City, MO bike wreck lawyer may be able to find other liable parties.
- What if I was partially at fault for the accident?
Even if you bear some responsibility for the crash, you may still be able to recover compensation for your injuries and damages. However, the financial recovery you are entitled to may be reduced based on your level of fault. For instance, if your damages were $100,000 but you were 15% to blame, you would get $85,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.765, injury victims in Missouri can still recover compensation even if they are 99% to blame (you would receive 1% of your damages. But, in Illinois, pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116, you cannot receive compensation if you share more than 50% of the blame (if the accident is mostly your fault).
Speak to a Bike Wreck Lawyer in Wright City, MO Today | Halvorsen Klote
Halvorsen Klote is a reputed and experienced injury law firm that helps victims of bike accidents in Wright City, MO. Our attorneys are aggressive negotiators and litigators who are at home in front of a judge and jury if they have to. We have demonstrated history of success in securing large settlements and verdicts for our clients, and we are committed to providing the highest level of legal representation to every client we serve. Call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online to discuss your case for free.