Bike Wreck Lawyer in Moscow Mills, MO
Greater St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Moscow Mills, MO Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Bike wreck lawyer in Moscow Mills, MO. Bike wrecks are always unanticipated, and they can be devastating. Whether you're a seasoned Moscow Mills, MO cyclist or a casual rider, the aftermath of a bike accidents can include horrible injuries, medical bills that are piling up and a lot of questions about how to be compensated for your injuries. If you've been injured in a bike accident, you need to find the right Moscow Mills, MO bicycle accident lawyer to help you understand the complicated legal system and secure the compensation you deserve. At Halvorsen Klote, we believe that everyday people should have access to the same high-quality legal advocacy that powerful insurance companies have. That's why you don't owe us anything unless we when your case. Located in the Greater St. Louis area, on both sides of the river, we deliver. Speak to an attorney today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a consultation at no cost to you.
Moscow Mills, MO Bike Wreck Lawyer: The Statistics
As as more people turn to bicycles to stay active and fit, the number of bicycle accidents has also been on the rise. In fact, pursuant to research from the the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there were 938 bicycle accident related deaths in 2020 alone. Despite the fact that bike riding makes up only one percent of trips across the country, they result in 2.3 percent of all auto accident deaths. In 2019, approximately 49,000 bicyclists were injured in the U.S.
According to research from the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium, there were 381 bicycle accidents in the state in 2021, causing 316 injuries and 7 deaths. In Illinois in 2020, there were 2,180 bicycle crashes, 1,995 of which lead to injury and 28 of which were fatal, according to the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics.
What to Look for to Find the Best Moscow Mills, MO Bike Wreck Lawyer
When it comes to finding the right bike wreck lawyer for your case, there are a few key things to consider. When searching for a lawyer for your bike accident, here are some of the most important factors to consider:
- Experience — Look for a lawyer who's handled your type of case before. They should know state statutes and legal precedents relevant to the case.
- Reputation — Do some investigating yourself to find a lawyer with a solid reputation in the legal community. Look for testimonials from injury victims they've helped in the past to get a feeling for how they treat their clients and attack cases. Have they ever been disciplined by a state board, or do others speak highly of their strong ethics?
- Communication — Choose an attorney who communicates well with their clients. You want an attorney who will keep you informed about your case for its duration.
- Fees — Find out how the lawyer accepts payment. Some attorneys accept a contingency fee, meaning they only get paid if you win your case. However, sometimes they charge under a different structure. A bike wreck lawyer's fee structure will impact how much of your compensation you get to keep.
- Location — Consider where they typically practice law. You need someone who is familiar with the local laws and court system.
The Importance of Hiring a Bike Wreck Lawyer in Moscow Mills, MO
Bike accidents are usually caused by drivers who break the rules of the road. If you have been involved in a bike accident, it is essential to hire a bike wreck lawyer to ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries and other losses. Our team of experienced Moscow Mills, MO bike wreck lawyers has has secured great financial recoveries for clients in all kinds of bike accident cases. We have the expertise and resources to carry out a full investigation into your accident to come up with an effective legal strategy.
Insurance adjusters lie to injury victims and will do anything they can to avoid having to pay you the money are deserve. Injury victims who have not had to deal with the claims process before need an experienced attorney on their team to make the process simple and fair. At Holversen Klote, your Moscow Mills, MO bike accident lawyer won't let the insurance company get away with their lies. We'll help you understand your options and negotiate a fair settlement.
How Our Moscow Mills, MO Bike Wreck Lawyers Can Help You
If you have been injured in a bike accident, our team of bike wreck lawyers in Moscow Mills, MO can help you in the following ways:
- Free Consultation — As most injury victims have never had to deal with the personal injury process before, it's natural to have a lot of questions. You shouldn't have to spend money just to understand whether you have a valid claim or not. We'll review your accident with you and tell you how relevant laws affect your case so you have peace of mind moving forward.
- Investigation — If you decide to hire us, we will conduct a full investigation into the circumstances of your accident, including obtaining evidence and interviewing people who witnessed the accident. This will help us build a strong case on your behalf, and counter any misleading statements from the insurance adjuster. We'll also add up all of your damages to determine the monetary value of your personal injury claim.
- Communication — We will handle all the communication with insurance companies and other parties involved in your case, including medical providers, on your behalf so that you can spend your energy on healing. We'll also keep you completely up-to-date on your claim. Our Moscow Mills, MO firm is client-centered, and we want you to feel good about the progress of our case, and feel like we're available to help whenever you need us.
- Negotiation — We will handle all the negotiations with the at-fault driver's insurance company to secure a fair financial recovery for your injuries and losses. Sometimes this is fairly quick, while other times we'll need to use alternative dispute resolution strategies like mediation if the insurance company isn't close to offering what you deserve. If they still refuse to give you what you're owed, we will file a lawsuit and take your case to trial to ensure you are fairly compensated for all of your damages.
- Compensation — We will work to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation possible for your injuries and other damages, including medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering.
At Halvorsen Klote, we are devoted to providing the highest level of legal representation to injury victims in Moscow Mills, MO. We have a demonstrated history of success in bike accident cases and are committed to helping our clients be fully compensated for their injuries.
What Causes Bike Wrecks in Moscow Mills, MO?
Bike accidents happen for a variety of reasons, including:
- Negligent Drivers — human error is a contributing factor in almost all auto accidents. Those errors can include:
- Road conditions — Poor road conditions such as potholes, litter, broken pavement or poor construction can cause bicyclists and other motorists to lose control of their bikes and potentially crash.
- Mechanical failures — Bicycle crashes can also be caused by mechanical failures, such as brake failure, tire blowouts or issues with the chain or pedals. Cars can also suffer mechanical malfunctions, for example braking or steering defects, that could cause them to hit a bicycle.
- Weather — Adverse weather conditions such as rain, snow, or ice can make roads slippery and increase the risk of bicycle accidents.
- Lack of visibility — Bicycles may be difficult to see, particularly at night, and that can make it harder for motorists to see bikes.
- Lack of Bicycle Infrastructure — Not having specific bicycle infrastructure such as bike lanes or protected bike paths can make cycling on the road more dangerous and increase the likelihood of accidents.
Who Is Liable for My Bike Wreck Injuries?
Liability for your bike wreck – meaning who we can hold responsible for your injuries – depends on the how your accident occurred and why. Depending on specifics of your bike wreck in Moscow Mills, MO, we may be able to hold the following parties responsible:
- A negligent driver
- A negligent bicyclist or pedestrian
- A construction company or government entity responsible for designing, building, repairing or maintaining a road
- A bicycle manufacturer or car manufacturer, distributor or seller in a product liability suit
- A mechanic who negligently worked on your bicycle or a car, causing a malfunction
One of the best reasons to hire a skilled Moscow Mills, MO bike wreck lawyer is that they'll leave no stone unturned. If someone contributed to your injuries, our investigation will show that and we will hold them accountable for the harm they've caused.
What to Do if You’ve Been Injured in a Bike Crash
A bike crash is a difficult and surprising experience. However, by keeping a level head and taking appropriate steps, you can increase your chances of healing and getting full compensation. If you’ve been hurt in a bike accident in Moscow Mills, MO, there are several steps you should take:
- Get Medical Treatment — If you are hurt in a bike crash, get medical treatment as soon as you can. Even if your injuries seem minor, it's important to get checked out by a healthcare provider within a week to ensure that there are no underlying injuries. To make an injury claim, you need medical records. Furthermore, the more expensive your medical bills, the higher your final compensation will be.
- Report the Accident — If you are injured in a bike accident, report it to the police. This will create an official record of the accident, which will be useful later when you file a claim with the insurance company. Police are trained to determine blame in crashes, and will include the other driver's negligence in their report. If you didn't call police to the scene of the accident, remember to go to a local police station in the following days to file your report.
- Acquire Evidence — Take photos of the scene of the accident, including damage to your bike and any other vehicles involved, injuries and the surrounding area. Write down details about what happened, including the date and time, location and any other details, even ones that don't seem important at the time.
- Collect Information — Collect the contact info of any witnesses to the wreck, in addition to the driver's contact and insurance info. The witnesses will be able to confirm your side of the story when they give their depositions.
- Call a Bike Wreck Lawyer — If a negligent driver injures you, don't hesitate to reach out to a personal injury lawyer. A skilled lawyer can help you understand the claims system and ensure you get the financial recovery you deserve. We'll handle all the litigation so you can focus on your physical recovery.
After consulting with an attorney:
- Continue all recommended medical treatment. This will help you heal as best as possible, and also leave clear documentation of the full scope of your injuries.
- Keep a daily journal of the physical and emotional hardships you suffer because of your injuries. This will help verify your non-economic damages.
- Stay off social media – even a seemingly innocent post may allow the insurance company to say you aren't actually injured.
- Do not give a recorded statement to the insurance company before consulting with a lawyer.
FAQs About Moscow Mills, MO Bike Wreck Lawyers
If you're looking for a bike wreck lawyer in Moscow Mills, MO, you probably have some questions. The following are some frequently asked questions about personal injury claims:
- Do I really need a bike wreck lawyer?
While you are not required to hire a lawyer after a bike accident, it is often in your best interest, especially if the crash resulted in more serious injuries that need ongoing medical care. A bike wreck lawyer can help you navigate the complex legal system, negotiate with insurance companies and ensure that your rights are protected.
- How much does a bike wreck lawyer cost?
Halvorsen Klote works on a contingency fee basis. That means that rather than a hourly fee, we charge a percentage of your final payout as our attorneys' fees, but only after we've won your case. With a contingency fee arrangement, money is never a barrier to getting the outstanding legal representation you deserve.
- How long before I get my settlement?
The length of time it takes to reach a settlement in your bike accident claim can change drastically depending on the circumstances of the case. In some cases, a settlement can be reached within two months, while in others it may take many more months or even years before the insurance company agrees to pay you what is fair.
- What if the negligent party doesn't have insurance?
If the person who injured you does not have insurance, it can make it more difficult to recover compensation. However, a bike wreck lawyer can help you explore other options for getting the compensation you are owed. You can file a claim through your own insurance, or your Moscow Mills, MO bike wreck lawyer may be able to find other liable parties.
- What if I was partially at fault for the accident?
Even if you were partially at fault for the crash, you are mot barred from receiving compensation. However, the amount of compensation you are owed may be decreased based on your level of fault. For instance, if your damages were $100,000 but you were 15% at fault, you would receive $85,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.765, injury victims in Missouri can still recover compensation even if they are 99% to blame (you would receive 1% of your damages. But, in Illinois, pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116, you cannot receive compensation if you share more than 50% of the blame (if the accident is mostly your fault).
Speak to a Bike Wreck Lawyer in Moscow Mills, MO Today | Halvorsen Klote
Halvorsen Klote is a reputed and experienced injury law firm that helps victims of bike accidents in Moscow Mills, MO. Our attorneys are skilled negotiators and litigators who are not afraid to take your case to trial if they have to. We have demonstrated history of success in securing large settlements and verdicts for the injured, and we are committed to providing the highest level of legal representation to every client we serve. Call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online to discuss your case for free.