Bike Wreck Lawyer in Arnold, MO
Greater St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Arnold, MO Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Bike wreck lawyer in Arnold, MO. Bike wrecks are terrifying and life-shattering. Whether you're a seasoned Arnold, MO cyclist or only brush the cobwebs off your bike a few times a year, the aftermath of a bike wrecks can leave you with serious injuries, medical bills that are accumulating and a lot of concerns about your legal rights. If you've been involved in a bike accident, you need a knowledgeable and reputable Arnold, MO bicycle accident lawyer to help you understand the complicated injury claims process and get the financial recovery you are owed. At Halvorsen Klote, we began our practice on the principle that injury victims should have access to the same high standard of legal representation that powerful insurance companies have. That's why you don't owe us anything unless we when your case. Located in the Greater St. Louis area, Halvorsen Klote serves injury victims in both Missouri and Illinois. Speak to an attorney today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a consultation at no cost to you.
Arnold, MO Bike Wreck Lawyer: The Statistics
As as more people turn to riding a bike for exercise and recreation, the rate of bicycle accidents has also gone up. In fact, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there were 938 bicyclist deaths in 2020 alone. Despite the fact that bicycle trips account only one percent of trips in the United States, they make up 2.3 percent of all auto accident deaths. In 2019, an estimated 49,000 bicyclists suffered injuries nationwide.
According to data from the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium, there were 381 bicycle accidents in the state in 2021, which resulted in 316 injuries and 7 deaths. In Illinois in 2020, there were 2,180 bicycle accidents, 1,995 of which caused injury and 28 of which were fatal, according to the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics.
How to Find the Right Arnold, MO Bike Wreck Lawyer for Your Case
When you're looking for a bike wreck lawyer to get you the compensation you deserve, there are a few key things to keep in mind. When searching for a lawyer for your bike accident, consider:
- Experience — You need a lawyer who's taken on and won your type of case before. They should be familiar with the unique legal issues that can arise with your type of injury.
- Reputation — Do some investigating yourself to find a lawyer with a sterling reputation among their clients and the legal community. Look for testimonials from injury victims they've helped in the past to get a sense of how they treat their clients and work claims. Have they ever been disciplined by a state board, or do others speak highly of their strong ethics?
- Communication — Hire a lawyer who communicates well with their clients. You want an attorney who will keep you up-to-date on your case for its duration.
- Fees — Discover how the lawyer charges for their services. With personal injury, lawyers usually work on a contingency-fee basis, meaning they only get paid if you win your case. However, sometimes they charge an hourly fee or a flat rate. A bike wreck lawyer's fee structure will impact how much of your compensation you get to keep.
- Location — Consider the lawyer's location in relation to your accident. You need a lawyer who is familiar with the local laws and court system.
The Importance of Hiring a Bike Wreck Lawyer in Arnold, MO
Bike accidents are usually caused by drivers who break the rules of the road. If you have been involved in a bike accident, you need to hire a bike wreck lawyer to protect your rights. Our group of experienced Arnold, MO bike wreck lawyers has has secured great financial recoveries for clients in all kinds of bike wreck claims. We have the experience and resources to thoroughly investigate the circumstances of your accident and build a strong case on your behalf.
Insurance adjusters lie to injury victims and try to minimize claims as much as possible. Injury victims who are inexperienced with the legal system and dealing with insurance companies need an experienced attorney on their team to make the process easy and fair. At Holversen Klote, your Arnold, MO bike accident lawyer won't let the insurance company take advantage of you. We'll guide you through the personal injury process and deliver a fair settlement.
What Our Arnold, MO Bike Wreck Lawyers Can Do For You
If you have been injured in a bike accident, our team of bike wreck lawyers in Arnold, MO can help you in the following ways:
- Free Consultation — As most of our clients have never had to deal with the personal injury process before, they usually have a lot of questions. You shouldn't have to spend money just to understand your situation a little better. We'll review your accident with you, review your options and answer any questions you may have so you have peace of mind proceeding with the process.
- Investigation — Once you decide to hire us, we will conduct a full investigation into what caused your injuries and how, including acquiring evidence and speaking to witnesses. This will help us develop a winning legal strategy, and fight back against any misleading statements the insurance company tells you. We'll also add up all of your damages to determine how much your personal injury claim is worth.
- Communication — We will handle all the communication with insurance companies and other parties involved in your case, including your doctor, to ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive the compensation you deserve. We'll also be 100% transparent with you. Our Arnold, MO lawyers are client-centered, and we want you to know that we'll be there for you throughout the duration of your case.
- Negotiation — We will handle all the negotiations with the at-fault driver's insurance company to reach a fair settlement for your economic and non-economic damages. Sometimes negotiation only takes a couple months, while other times we'll need to use alternative dispute resolution strategies like mediation if the insurance company won't be fair. If necessary, we will file a lawsuit and take your case in front of a judge and jury to ensure you are fairly compensated for all of your damages.
- Compensation — We will work to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation possible for your injuries and other damages, including medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering.
At Halvorsen Klote, we are committed to providing the highest level of legal advocacy to injury victims in Arnold, MO. We have consistent record of success in bike accident cases and are dedicated to helping our clients be fully compensated for their injuries.
What Causes Bike Wrecks in Arnold, MO?
Bicycle crashes can be caused by a variety of factors, such as:
- Negligent Drivers — 98% of auto accidents involve human error. Examples of driver negligence include:
- Road conditions — Road hazards liked potholes, debris, uneven pavement or poor road planning can cause bicyclists and other drivers to crash.
- Mechanical failures — Bike accidents can also be caused by mechanical failures, such as brake failure, tire blowouts or issues with the chain or pedals. Cars are also prone to mechanical malfunctions, for example braking or steering defects, that cause bike wrecks.
- Weather — Adverse weather conditions such as rain, snow, or ice can make roads slippery and increase the risk of bicycle accidents.
- Lack of visibility — Bicycles are harder to see, particularly in the dark, and that can increase the risk of accidents.
- Lack of Bicycle Infrastructure — Not having dedicated bike lanes or protected bike paths can make cycling on the road more dangerous and increase the probability of accidents.
Who Is Liable for My Bike Wreck Injuries?
Liability for your bicycle accident – meaning who we can hold responsible for your injuries – depends on the specifics of your case and what caused and contributed to your crash. Depending on circumstances of your bike wreck in Arnold, MO, we may be able to hold the following parties responsible:
- A driver who broke the rules of the road
- Another bicyclist or pedestrian who broke the rules of the road
- A construction company or government entity tasked with planning, building, fixing or maintaining a road
- A vehicle manufacturer, distributor or seller in a product liability lawsuit
- A mechanic who did a careless job repairing your bicycle or a different vehicle that caused that crash, causing it to fail
One of the best reasons to hire a skilled Arnold, MO bike wreck lawyer is that they'll leave no stone unturned. If someone contributed to your injuries, our investigation will show that and we will hold them accountable for their negligent behavior.
What to Do if You’ve Been Injured in a Bike Crash
A bike wreck is a stressful and unexpected experience. However, by staying calm and taking appropriate action, you can increase your odds of healing and getting full compensation. If you’ve been injured in a bike crash in Arnold, MO, there are several steps you should take:
- Get Medical Treatment — If you are harmed in a bike wreck, get medical treatment as soon as you can. Even if your injuries don't seem significant, it's important to be seen by a healthcare provider in the following days to ensure that you're 100% good to go. To make an injury claim, you need documentation of your injuries. Additionally, the more expensive your medical expenses, the higher the financial recovery you'll receive for your pain and suffering and emotional distress.
- Report the Accident — Call the police to the accident site. This will create an official record of the accident, which will be useful later when you file your claim. Police are taught how to assign liability in crashes, and will mention how the other driver caused your accident. If you didn't call police immediately after the crash, you need to go to a local police station in the following days to file your report.
- Gather Evidence — Take photos of the scene of the accident, including damage to your bike and any other vehicles involved, injuries and the area around where the accident occurred. Write down details about what happened, including the date and time, location and any other relevant information.
- Collect Information — Collect the names and contact information of any witnesses to your crash, as well as the driver's name, contact information and insurance information. The witnesses will be able to verify your version of events when they give their depositions.
- Call a Bike Wreck Lawyer — If you were injured through no fault of your own, don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer. A knowledgeable lawyer can help you understand the claims system and ensure you get the financial recovery you are owed. We'll take full control of your claim and negotiations so you can spend your energy on healing.
After consulting with an attorney:
- Continue all recommended medical treatment. This will ensure your physical recovery, and also clearly document the extent of your injuries.
- Keep a daily journal of the physical and emotional hardships you suffer because of your injuries. This will be strong evidence for your non-economic damages.
- Don't post on social media – even a relatively boring post may make the insurance company think your injuries aren't as severe as you say.
- Do not give a recorded statement to the insurance company before consulting with a lawyer.
Frequently Asked Questions About Arnold, MO Bike Wreck Lawyers
If you're looking for a bike wreck lawyer in Arnold, MO, you probably have some questions. Below are some frequently asked questions about personal injury claims:
- Do I really need a bike wreck lawyer?
While you are not required to hire a lawyer after a bike accident, it is highly recommended, especially if the wreck resulted in more serious injuries that require a lot of treatment. A bike wreck lawyer can help you navigate the complex legal system, negotiate with insurance companies and ensure that your rights are protected.
- How much does a bike wreck lawyer cost?
We work on a contingency fee basis. Meaning, instead of a fixed rate, we charge a percentage of your financial recovery as our attorneys' fees, but only after we've won your case. With a contingency fee arrangement, you do not need to be rich to get the first-rate legal representation you need.
- How long before I get my settlement?
The length of time it takes to resolve a bike accident claim can change drastically depending on the circumstances of the case. Sometimes, we can close the case within two months, while in others it may take many more months or even years before the insurance company agrees to pay you what is fair.
- What if the other motorist doesn't have insurance?
If the other party involved in your bike accident is not insured, it can make it more difficult to recover compensation. However, a bike wreck lawyer will look for other options for getting the compensation you deserve. You can file a claim through your own insurance, or your Arnold, MO bike wreck lawyer may be able to find other liable parties.
- What if I was partially at fault for the accident?
Even if you bear some responsibility for the crash, you may still be able to recover compensation for your injuries and damages. However, the amount of compensation you are owed may be reduced based on how much blame you share. For example, if your damages were $100,000 but you were 15% at fault, you would receive $85,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.765, injury victims in Missouri can still recover compensation even if they are 99% to blame (you would receive 1% of your damages. But, in Illinois, pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116, you cannot receive compensation if you share more than 50% of the blame (if the accident is mostly your fault).
Call a Bike Wreck Lawyer in Arnold, MO Today | Halvorsen Klote
Halvorsen Klote is a reputed and experienced injury law firm that helps victims of bike accidents in Arnold, MO. Our attorneys are aggressive negotiators and litigators who are not afraid to take your case to trial if they have to. We have a proven track record of success in securing large settlements and verdicts for our clients, and we are committed to providing the highest level of legal representation to every client we serve. Speak to an attorney today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.