Injury Claim Lawyer Ballwin, MO
Ballwin, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Evaluation | Ballwin, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Ballwin, MO. No one anticipates being injured, but when they are it creates sudden and severe financial, physical and emotional burdens. It can be infuriating when your injuries are the consequence of someone else's negligent action or inaction. Missouri and Illinois law supply an avenue for injured victims to receive compensation for their damages by means of personal injury claims. Most of the time, you'll need the aid of an injury claim lawyer in Ballwin, MO to get the most value for your claim. At Halvorsen Klote, we have dedicated our lives to offering the injured and vulnerable in Missouri and Southern Illinois the highest level of legal representation that matches and surpasses that of large insurance companies. If you were injured through no fault of your own, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
Leading Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Ballwin, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims refer to legal claims seeking restitution for injuries caused by someone else's inattentive, reckless, or willful actions. While determining who is at fault depends on the specific facts of your accident, most cases will be decided by law governing one of several common categories. Some of the most common cases our injury claim lawyer team helps the injured with in Ballwin, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
Whatever how your injuries occurred, trust your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Ballwin, MO to know how maximize the value of your claim. To take the first step in recovering restitution for your injuries, call us as soon as possible so we can get started on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Ballwin, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You cannot make a claim for any injury or accident; you must demonstrate that another party is at fault for your damages. In order for your case to be successful, your injury claim lawyer must prove the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Establishing a duty of care is a precondition to winning your claim. You must show that the defendant had a duty to your safety. If you were injured in an auto accident, the other driver automatically had a responsibility, as both Missouri and Illinois have put into law that motorists owe others a duty of care. Other relationships, a doctor-patient relationship or that between a property manager and visitor, have preestablished duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: The second step, you must show that the person who owed you a duty of care did not act as a reasonable person would or as the law demands.
- Cause in Fact: Following that, you must demonstrate that if the other party had behaved differently, your injuries would not have occurred. For example, if a driver had not run a red light, or a defective product had been recalled, you would not have been injured.
- Proximate Cause: This relates to whether or not the defendant can be held accountable for the cause in fact. If a driver ran a red light because their breaks malfunctioned, then the duty of care may have been breached by a manufacturer or mechanic, not by the driver.
- Damages: The last aspect of negligence is that you sustained damages. In a personal injury lawsuit, that means you were injured. If you're in a slip and fall and only suffer a minor bruise that goes away after a couple days, you probably do not have a claim because you did not sustain any real injury.
Every Ballwin, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to prove the five elements of negligence and get you the great results you deserve. If don't know whether or not you have a claim, it's best to consult with an injury claim lawyer right away. Our case reviews are free, so they're no-risk, no-obligation.
Frequently Asked Questions | Ballwin, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
When we take on a new case in Ballwin, MO, it's typically somebody who has never gone through an injury claim and is naturally unsure about what the whole process entails. Read on below for some FAQs from your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Ballwin, MO:
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That will vary depending on the particulars of your injury, the extent of your damages and the talent and drive of your Ballwin, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can receive a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, like damage to your vehicle
- Wage loss for any time periods where your injury did not permit you to work
- Decreased earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical costs, such as:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Ballwin, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full compensation you deserve.
What's the Time Limit to File a Personal Injury Claim?
In Missouri, the time limit on most injury claims is five years, while it is two years in Illinois.
There are some notably exceptions in each state, but it is vital to contact an injury claim lawyer in Ballwin, MO as soon as you can after being in an accident so that the time limit does not run out.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
We've all heard the phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt." That's the burden of proof that juries and judges must abide by in criminal court so that there is no chance that an innocent person is sent to prison. Personal injury claims are civil cases, and the the relevant burden of proof is a preponderance of the evidence. That means that a jury or insurance adjuster must find only that the claim is more likely than not to be true.
So, if a drunk driver evades a criminal conviction because of errors in police work, you can still hold them at fault in a civil claim.
If your injury claim lawyer is helping you pursue punitive damages, you must provide clear and convincing evidence, which falls between preponderance of the evidence and beyond a reasonable doubt.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that will vary based on the specifics of your claim. The Bureau of Justice Statistics found that nearly all tort suits are settled before they go to trial. If the parties settle, a claim can be resolved within a few months, while a case that reaches trial in Ballwin, MO can take up to two years. If your injuries do not have a permanent impact on your life, your injury claim lawyer may suggest waiting until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you know the full value of all of your medical bills.
How do Personal Injury Claims Work?
usually, after you've been injured by somebody else's negligent behavior in Ballwin, MO, you can expect the process to proceed as follows:
- You get medical attention (and keep with it until you have completely recovered).
- You speak to an injury claim lawyer.
- The attorney investigates your claim and collects evidence, for instance police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer sends a formal settlement demand letter.
- If the settlement demand is not met, your injury claim lawyer may decide to negotiate or may go directly to filing a lawsuit.
- Your lawyer enters the discovery phase, where they acquire more evidence and obtain expert opinions.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the insurance company enter negotiations before an impartial party in mediation.
- We take your case in front of a judge and jury if negotiations do not result in a fair settlement offer.
Can I Still Receive Compensation if I Was Partially Liable?
Yes. Missouri is what is called a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your financial recovery will be reduced by the percent of blame you bear for the accident. So if a jury decides your damages come to $100,000 but establishes you were 30 percent to blame, you will only recover $70,000. Illinois is called a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you can only receive a financial recovery if you are less than 50 percent responsible.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire an Injury Claim Lawyer? | Ballwin, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
It's possible you are worried about whether or not you can afford legal representation in Ballwin, MO because you're already paying for medical expenses and might not be able to work at the moment because of your injuries. A benefit of hiring an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, as opposed to criminal defense lawyers in Ballwin, MO, we work on a contingency fee basis. There are three principal benefits to that:
- We charge no upfront fees. Rather than getting an hourly amount, we take a portion of the financial recovery you receive — but not before we win or settle your claim.
- We charge nothing if we do not win your case. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only earns a living by employing their skill and determination to achieve a successful resolution in your case.
- We only take cases on when we genuinely believe we can substantially increase your final recovery . We take on the risk of utilizing our resources for you, and we'll always be honest with you and will never mislead you.
Whatever your current economic status is, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Ballwin, MO will be by your side and fight on your behalf to get you the great results you are owed.
Take a look at the following links to find out what other services we offer in Ballwin, MO:
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Call HK Law Today
Ballwin, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You shouldn't have to pay because someone else was negligent and injured you. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Ballwin, MO, we get started on your case immediately and maintain an open and consistent line of communication with you throughout the entire process. We give you all the information you need to do the best thing for you and your Ballwin, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Ballwin, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.
Attorney at Law
Samantha Orlowski is a practicing attorney Halvorsen Klote.
Samantha joined Halvorsen Klote in 2018 as a law clerk and has since become a practicing attorney. Sam's number one priority is to provide individualized experiences for each client to achieve the best results.