Injury Claim Lawyer Bowling Green, MO
Bowling Green, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | Bowling Green, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Bowling Green, MO. No one expects to be injured, but when they are it creates unforeseen and severe economic, physical and emotional afflictions. It can be maddening when your injuries are caused by someone else's negligence. Missouri and Illinois law supply a channel for injured victims to secure a financial recovery for their damages in the form of personal injury claims. In most cases, it can be difficult for Bowling Green, MO residents to receive fair compensation without the help of an injury claim lawyer. At Halvorsen Klote, we have pledged our lives to offering the injured and vulnerable in Missouri and Southern Illinois the highest level of legal representation that rivals and exceeds that of large insurance companies. If you were injured because someone else was negligent, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
Leading Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Bowling Green, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims refer to the process one goes through to seek restitution for injuries caused by someone else's careless, reckless, or willful behavior. While determining who is to blame depends on the specific circumstances of your cases, most cases fall into one of several common accident types. Some of the most frequent cases our injury claim lawyer team handles in Bowling Green, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
Whatever how your injuries occurred, your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Bowling Green, MO has seen it before. If you've been harmed because of another person's negligence, call us right away so we can start working on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Bowling Green, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You cannot make a claim for any injury or accident; you must demonstrate that another party is at fault for your damages. In order for your injury claim lawyer to win your case, they must prove the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Establishing a duty of care is predominant a personal injury claim. You must substantiate that the defendant had a duty to refrain from acts that could predictably hurt you. This is automatic in auto accident claims, as both Missouri and Illinois have established that motorists owe everyone else on the road a duty of care. Other relationships, such as between a doctor and patient or a property owner and visitor, have preestablished duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: After establishing a breach of duty, you must show that the person who owed you a duty of care did not act as a reasonable person would or as the law dictates.
- Cause in Fact: The third course of action is showing that were it not for the defendant's actions or inaction, you would not have been injured. Meaning, if a driver had not been drunk, or a doctor had diagnosed you correctly, you would not have been injured.
- Proximate Cause: This refers to whether or not the defendant can be held accountable for the cause in fact. A doctor may not be held liable if they followed standard procedures, even if they missed a diagnosis.
- Damages: The last thing you need to prove is that you incurred damages. In a personal injury claim, that means you have to provide documentation of your injuries. If a dog nips at you and you only receive a minor cut that doesn't get infected, you likely will not be able to bring a sound claim because you did not incur any actual damages.
Every Bowling Green, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to prove the five elements of negligence and get you the maximum compensation you are owed. If don't know whether or not you have a claim, you need to consult with an injury claim lawyer right away. Our case reviews are free, so they're no-risk, no-obligation.
Frequently Asked Questions | Bowling Green, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Most of our Bowling Green, MO clients have never had to make an injury claim before and are anxious about what the whole process entails. Read on below for some FAQs from your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Bowling Green, MO:
How Much Compensation Should I Expect to Recover?
That depends on the specifics of your accident, the scope of your damages and the experience and knowledge of your Bowling Green, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can recover compensation for:
- Property damage, for example damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Diminished earning capacity if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical costs, like:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
Your Bowling Green, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to correctly value the full extent of your damages and deliver you the complete compensation you are owed.
What's the Time Limit to File a Personal Injury Claim?
There are some noteworthy exceptions in each state, but it is crucial to reach out to an injury claim lawyer in Bowling Green, MO as soon as you can after being in an accident so that the clock does not run out.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
The phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt" is ubiquitous in American culture. That's the burden of proof that juries and judges must observe in criminal court so that there is no chance that an innocent person is incarcerated. Personal injury claims are settled and tried in civil court, and the burden of proof is called a preponderance of the evidence. That means that a jury or insurance adjuster must find only that there is a greater than 50 percent chance that the claim is true.
That means that if a drunk driver avoids a criminal conviction because of mistakes in police work, you can still seek restitution from them in a civil claim.
If your injury claim lawyer is helping you pursue punitive damages, you must show clear and convincing evidence, which is a higher standard than preponderance of the evidence but lower than beyond a reasonable doubt.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that will vary based on the specifics of your case. The Bureau of Justice Statistics reports that almost all tort claims are settled before they go to trial. If the parties settle, you can receive compensation within a few months, while a case that reaches court in Bowling Green, MO can take up to two years. If your injuries do not have a permanent impact on your life, it might be a good idea to wait until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you can be compensated for your full medical expenses.
What's the Timeline for a Personal Injury Claim?
Generally, following an injury caused by another person's negligence in Bowling Green, MO, the order of events is as follows:
- You receive medical care (and keep with it until you have completely recovered).
- You consult with an injury claim lawyer.
- The attorney conducts an investigation into your claim and gathers evidence, such as police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer makes a formal settlement demand letter.
- If the settlement demand is not met, your injury claim lawyer will decide if the best idea is to attempt to negotiate or file a lawsuit.
- The discovery phase begins, wherein your lawyer obtains more evidence and acquires expert opinions.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the insurance company enter negotiations in front of an impartial party in mediation.
- We take your case in front of a judge and jury if the insurance company will not be fair in negotiations.
Can I Still Get Compensation if I Was Partially Liable?
Yes. Missouri is what is called a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your financial recovery will be reduced by the percent of fault you bear for your injury. So if a jury awards you $100,000 but establishes you were 30 percent to blame, you will only recover $70,000. Illinois is considered a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you can only receive compensation if you are less than 50 percent at fault.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire an Injury Claim Lawyer? | Bowling Green, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You might be worried about hiring a lawyer in Bowling Green, MO because the medical bills and lost wages are piling up and you're not sure you can pay for an attorney. A benefit of enlisting the services of an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, in contrast to corporate lawyers in Bowling Green, MO, we charge a contingency fee. There are three chief benefits to that:
- We do not charge anything in advance of services. Instead of getting an hourly rate, we take a percentage of the compensation you receive — only after you get paid.
- You owe us nothing if we do not win your case. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only makes a profit by using their talent and dedication to get you the best possible results.
- We only take cases on when we genuinely believe we can substantially increase your compensation . We take on the risk of using our resources to win your case, and we'll always be direct with you and will never mislead you.
Regardless of what your current financial circumstances is, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Bowling Green, MO will take on your case and fight with all of our resources to see you get the great results you are owed.
Click on the links below to discover what other services we offer in Bowling Green, MO:
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Call HK Law Today
Bowling Green, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You don't have to go through the complicated legal process alone. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Bowling Green, MO, we start building your case right away and stay in communication with you throughout the entire process. We make sure you understand your claim and the law so you can make the best decision for you and your Bowling Green, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Bowling Green, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.