Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Bowling Green, MO
Bowling Green, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Bowling Green, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Bowling Green, MO. There's no comparing the feeling of freedom and excitement motorcyclists feel when riding their bikes. However, motorcycle accidents are especially dangerous in Bowling Green, MO. Injuries suffered in motorcycle accidents can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of uncertainty. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, Halvorsen Klote's Bowling Green, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will get you full compensation for your injuries. Our diligence and client-centered approach will help you feel at ease and confident that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict at trial. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Bowling Green, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a free case evaluation. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Bowling Green, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury cases in Bowling Green, MO:
Bowling Green, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Nationwide, in 2020 motorcycle accidents lead to 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, according to the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the Greater St. Louis area, there were 321 crashes, which lead to 240 people becoming injured and 9 people passing away.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle crashes, which lead to 2,404 injuries, 867 "A-list" injuries and 152 fatalities.
Other Bowling Green, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper look into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Even though motorcycles make up only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent successful at preventing fatal injuries for motorcycle passengers.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while .068 percent of motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries were more common than fatalities by a factor of over 100, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, meaning motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when people are more likely to be drinking and after 6 P.M. when visibility is lower.
While some drivers have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the lion's share of bikers value their safety. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that causes someone else injuries. If another driver in the Bowling Green, MO area injured you, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best possible financial recovery.
What Are Common Causes of Bowling Green, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
Driving Under the Influence
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over a third of of motorcycle fatalities.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, motorcycle are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as uneven pavement, inclement weather, potholes, and poorly placed signs. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company responsible for maintaining the road.
Almost 50 percent of motorcycle accidents that result in death occur at intersections when a car or truck turning left hits a motorcyclist who had the right of way. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains are scanning for cars, but don't register motorcycles at cars.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle crash deaths had speeding as a contributing factor. While some bikers are known to speed, another culprit is car or truck drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles have a smaller breaking distance than cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like rolling off the throttle, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Bowling Green, MO Do For My Case?
Most of our clients have never had an injury before, and don't know the process of filing a claim and what a full financial recovery for their injuries is. A Halvorsen Klote Bowling Green, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Conducting an extensive investigation into your caseso that we can acquire the necessary evidence and determine liability. We use our expertise and network of Bowling Green, MO accident experts to determine who we need to make a claim against and for how much.
- Providing you with sound legal guidance as we go back and forth with the insurance company, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you, your future, and your Bowling Green, MO loved ones.
- Making sure you always know how your case is progression so that you are not left wondering. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters will sometimes flat out lie to you and mislead to you make you think your claim is worth less than it really is. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Handling the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can spend your time on what's important: reaching your best possible medical recovery and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Make sure that you get the best possible financial recovery for all of your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, anything you paid out-of-pocket and less tangible damages like pain and suffering.
When you're injured in a motorcycle accident because of somebody else's negligence, it immediately disrupts your life. The Bowling Green, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
Bowling Green, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Bowling Green, MO did not do the right thing. For a complimentary consultation with an expert motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.