Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Ste Genevieve, MO
Ste Genevieve, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Ste Genevieve, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Ste Genevieve, MO. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of camaraderie and excitement. However, Ste Genevieve, MO motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries experienced in motorcycle wrecks can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional hardships. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, trust in the Ste Genevieve, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to help you get your life back on track. Our experience and client-centered approach will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Ste Genevieve, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a complimentary case review. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Ste Genevieve, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury cases in Ste Genevieve, MO:
Ste Genevieve, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following represents the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More Ste Genevieve, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are alarming, but|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks shows how dangerous motorcyclists can be when other people don't pay attention on the road:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to research from the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are estimated to be 41 percent effective at stopping motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries outpaced death by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when people are more likely to be intoxicated and after dark.
While some people have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the bulk of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that gets people hurt. If you were hurt because another Ste Genevieve, MO driver was negligent, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Ste Genevieve, MO?
DUIs or DWIs
Drunk driving contributes to more traffic-related accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving contributed to over three-tenths of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, road hazards such as ruts in the road, slippery surfaces, potholes, and debris create an increased risk. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company responsible for maintaining the road.
Over 40 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're looking. This is due to something called "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains scan for cars but has not been sufficiently trained to scan for motorcycles.
A third of fatal motorcycle accidents had speeding as a contributing factor. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, they can also be caused by enclosed-vehicle motorists driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as other vehicles, and many motorcyclists roll off the throttle to come to a stop, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Ste Genevieve, MO Help Me?
Most are looking to hire a personal injury before have never had an injury before, and don't know the process of receiving compensation and how much full compensation really looks like. A Halvorsen Klote Ste Genevieve, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will help your case by:
- Conducting an exhaustive investigation into your claimso that we can acquire important evidence and determine liability. You will have the advantage of our expertise and network of Ste Genevieve, MO accident experts to ascertain the precise cause of your injuries.
- Providing you with sound legal advice as your case progresses, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Ste Genevieve, MO.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you are never left in the dark. We take pride in our ability to let our clients know that their case means something to us.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make get every penny you are owed. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Overseeing the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can focus on what's important: healing and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Ensure that you receive maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Ste Genevieve, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
Other cases we handle in Ste Genevieve, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Ste Genevieve, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've devoted our practice to making a difference in the lives of Ste Genevieve, MO residents who have been treated wrongly. For a complimentary case evaluation with an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.