Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Republic, MO
Republic, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Republic, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Republic, MO. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of companionship and thrill. However, too many other drivers on the Republic, MO roads either don't pay enough attention to motorcyclists or are actively hostile against them. Injuries experienced in motorcycle accidents can be catastrophic and have long-term effects. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, Halvorsen Klote's Republic, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will help you get your life back on track. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized environment will give you piece of mind and confidence that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Republic, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Republic, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we reach a successful conclusion for your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury claims in Republic, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Republic, Missouri and Illinois?
Across the country, in 2020 motorcycle crashes resulted in 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, based on info from the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the St. Louis metropolitan area, there were 321 crashes, which caused 240 people becoming injured and 9 people passing away.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle accidents, which resulted in 2,404 injuries, 867 debilitating injuries and 152 deaths.
Other Republic, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are startling, but|a deeper look into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to statistics compiled by the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are estimated to be 37 percent effective in stopping fatal injuries to motorcycle operators.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illustrating how motorcycles are more dangerous to drive than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after dark.
While some drivers don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the bulk of bikers value their safety. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't pay attention or don't want to share the road. If another driver in the Republic, MO area injured you, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best results in your case.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Republic, MO?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common cause of motor vehicle accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving contributed to over a third of of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, they are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as uneven pavement, inclement weather, potholes, and signs that limit visibility. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the at-fault party may be a government entity or construction company.
Almost 50 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains cannot notice a smaller vehicle like a motorcycle because of our limited ability to take in sensory information only lets us see cars and trucks.
Over 30 percent of motorcycle fatalities were caused at least in part by speeding. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, they can also be caused by passenger car drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists downshift to break, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Republic, MO?
Most seek out our services have never had an injury before, and are unsure what the procedure is for receiving compensation and the value of the injuries. A Halvorsen Klote Republic, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will help your case by:
- Fully investigating your caseso that we can acquire important evidence and determine liability. You will have the advantage of our experience and network of Republic, MO accident experts to ascertain the precise cause of your injuries.
- Offering sound legal counsel as we go back and forth with the insurance company, so you can make the best decision for you and your Republic, MO family.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the progress of your claim so that you know we are giving it our full attention. We take pride in our client-centered approach to legal representation.
- Leveling the playing field against powerful insurance companies so you make get every penny you are owed. Insurance adjusters know that the average person doesn't know injury law. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones quality legal representation that gets results.
- Managing the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can spend your energy on what's important: healing and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Fight hard for you so that you receive the best possible financial recovery for all of your damages, including medical expenses, money you lost from not working, other expenses related to your injury and less tangible damages like pain and suffering.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Republic, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
Other cases we handle in Republic, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Republic, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Republic, MO did not do the right thing. To speak to a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.