Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Republic, MO
Republic, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Republic, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Republic, MO. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of brotherhood and thrill. However, too many other drivers on the Republic, MO roads either don't look out for motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries experienced in motorcycle accidents can be devastating and have long-term effects. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, Halvorsen Klote's Republic, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our dedication and client-centered approach will help you feel at ease and confident that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Republic, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Republic, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no upfront costs, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury claims in Republic, MO:
Republic, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
In the United States, in 2020 motorcycle wrecks resulted in 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, based on info from the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the St. Louis metropolitan area, there were 321 crashes, which resulted in 240 people becoming injured and 9 people passing away.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle accidents, which caused 2,404 injuries, 867 serious injuries and 152 deaths.
Other Republic, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper study into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycles account for 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of total injuries, according to statistics compiled by the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are estimated to be 37 percent effective in stopping motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries were more common than fatalities by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illuminating why motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, on weekends when people are more likely to be drinking and after sunset.
While some motorists have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the lion's share of bikers value their safety. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or their wariness to share the road that causes someone else injuries. If another driver in the Republic, MO area injured you, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Republic, MO?
DUIs or DWIs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common cause of motor vehicle accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving contributed to over a third of of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, road hazards such as ruts in the road, slick surfaces, potholes, and animals create an increased risk. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was in charge of ensuring the road's safety.
Almost half of of fatal motorcycle crashes occur at intersections when a passenger car turning left hits a motorcyclist who had the right of way. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're looking. This is due to something called "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains cannot notice a smaller vehicle like a motorcycle because of how much sensory information we receive as we drive.
A third of motorcycle crash deaths involve speeding. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, it often is the fault of passenger car drivers who force a biker to embark on emergency falls.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than other vehicles, and many motorcyclists downshift to come to a stop, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. Still, just as in a crash between two cars or a car and a truck, the trailing has a responsibility to slow down in time.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Republic, MO?
Most who come to see us have never had to hire a lawyer before, and don't know the process of receiving compensation and the value of the injuries. A Halvorsen Klote Republic, MO motorcycle accidents attorney represent with the highest-quality legal advocacy by:
- Carrying out an extensive investigation into your caseso that we can acquire the necessary evidence and determine liability. We use our legal knowledge and network of Republic, MO collision experts to determine how much your injuries are worth and who needs to be held responsible.
- Providing you with sound legal advice throughout the duration of your claim, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your Republic, MO family.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you are never left in the dark. We take pride in our client-centered approach to legal representation.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make get every penny you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Handling all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can focus on what matters most: reaching your best possible medical recovery and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Fight hard for you so that you get maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including medical expenses, lost wages, other expenses related to your injury and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're injured through no fault of your own, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Republic, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are taken care of.
Republic, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Republic, MO did not do the right thing. For a complimentary case review with an expert motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.