Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Republic, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Evaluation | Republic, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Republic, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause unimaginable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has pledged their careers to battling against powerful insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the people that hurt you accountable and secure you the complete financial recovery you need to be made whole again. Reach out to a Republic, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Republic, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that, in the United States in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian fatalities and over 76,000 injuries.
According to reporting from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in wrecks and 1,314 pedestrians were harmed.
According to data from the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers died in accidents and 3,138 suffered injuries.
What Are the Pedestrian Laws in Republic, MO?
While drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must adhere to according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles are required to stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the crosswalk.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly run into traffic in a way that a driver will not be able to account for them before hitting them.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, vehicles have the right of way.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a overhead pedestrian crossing has been provided.
- In both states, you cannot go across adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your injury claim. Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer in Republic, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Republic, MO?
That will vary based on the exact causes of your injuries. Some of the entities your attorney at Halvorsen Klote can hold to blame include:
- The driver, for example if they were running a red light, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a reckless way.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer, dealer or mechanic in a product liability case, for example if an SUV is prone to rolling over.
- The public body responsible for keeping a particular area safe, for example if there is poor lighting at night.
In some cases, multiple parties may share liability. For example, if a distracted driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, we may be able to help you seek compensation from the driver and the public agency responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible liable party in your accident in order to win you the best possible financial recovery you deserve. This is especially important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Republic, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's known as a "comparative negligence" rule. In a comparative fault state, you will receive compensation for the share of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if your damages total $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you were 40% at fault, you would only receive $60,000.
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would would not be able to collect anything if the majority of the accident was your fault.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative negligence to lessen your payout, or avoid reimbursing you entirely. Your Republic, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to resist those tricks and get you the compensation you deserve.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Republic, MO Do for Me?
Your Republic, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will use our legal knowledge to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to pay you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we start investigating immediately. We work to constantly let you know the current status of claim so you are not left in the dark. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Acquire all relevant evidence, such as eyewitness dispositions, photographs, police records and more.
- Work with our network of Republic, MO crash experts to help determine accountability for your injuries.
- Work alongside our network of Republic, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Handle all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can spend your energy on healing.
- Fight back against insurance companies who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when we cannot get the settlement offer you deserve in negotiations.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the individual circumstances of your case, the extent of your damages and the experience and knowledge of your Republic, MO injury claim lawyer. With our assistance you can secure a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for instance damage to your vehicle
- Wage loss if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Diminished earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical bills, such as:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or car
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Republic, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Republic, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the links below to discover what other services we offer in Republic, MO:
Republic, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you love was injured in an accident because of someone else's recklessness, your Republic, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve. You should not have to suffer because of someone else's mistakes. We take all of our client's cases in Republic, MO personally and will stand by your side until you get justice for your injuries. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Republic, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.