Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Chamois, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | Chamois, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Chamois, MO. Pedestrians are at heightened risk when drivers act recklessly, and pedestrian accidents can cause horrible injuries that create immediate economic, emotional and physical difficulties for the injured party. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has pledged their careers to battling against powerful insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to fight for justice on your behalf, hold the person or organization that hurt you responsible and get you the maximum compensation you need to truly recover. Call a Chamois, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Chamois, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that, in the United States in 2019, 6,205 pedestrians were killed and 76,000 were injured.
According to reporting from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in accidents and 1,314 non-passengers were harmed.
According to the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers were killed in accidents and 3,138 were hurt.
What Are the Pedestrian Laws in Chamois, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe everyone else on the Chamois, MO roads a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must follow according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When traffic signals are not present, vehicles are required to yield to a pedestrian that is halfway across the crosswalk.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly run in front of a car in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a overhead pedestrian crossing has been provided.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot travel across adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your case. Reach out to a pedestrian accident lawyer in Chamois, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Chamois, MO?
That can be any one or a variety of parties. Some of the people, companies and organizations we can seek compensation from are:
- The driver, for example if they were driving drowsy, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a negligent way.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer in a product liability lawsuit, for instance if a motorcycle wobbles at high speeds.
- The government entity responsible for overseeing the security of an intersection or street, for example if there is lack of signage.
In some cases, multiple people, companies and organizations may share accountability. For example, if a distracted driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, you may be able to make a claim against the driver and the public entity who were supposed to keep the area secure for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will explore every possible contributing factor to your accident your accident in order to win you fair compensation you deserve. This is vitally important if if one party, in conjunction with your underinsured motorist coverage, is not able to reimburse you for all of your damages.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Chamois, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. That means that you will collect compensation for the percentage of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you were 40% at fault, you would only receive $60,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would would not be able to collect anything if you were more than 50% responsible.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative negligence to lessen your payout, or avoid compensating you entirely. Your Chamois, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will handle the insurance adjuster and make sure you are not taken advantage of by a powerful insurance company.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Chamois, MO Help With My Case?
Your Chamois, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will utilize our legal skill to get justice for you and your family. When you hire us, we will immediately work to identify who is liable for your injuries. We also keep you informed throughout your claim. Furthermore, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Gather all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, including eyewitness dispositions, security footage, police reports and more.
- Work in concert with our network of Chamois, MO accident experts to help ascertain accountability for your injuries.
- Work with our network of Chamois, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can spend your energy on recovering.
- Fight back against insurance companies who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when the insurance adjuster will not be fair in negotiations.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the individual circumstances of your injury, the severity of your injuries and the talent and drive of your Chamois, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you receive compensation for:
- Property damage, for instance damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Decreased earning potential if your injuries have permanent effects on your ability to complete tasks at your job
- Medical costs, for example:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Your Chamois, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Chamois, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Check out the these links to find out what other services we offer in Chamois, MO:
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
Chamois, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you care about was injured in an accident that was not their fault, your Chamois, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight on your behalf to get you the compensation you are entitled to. You should not have to suffer because of someone else's mistakes. We take all of our client's cases in Chamois, MO personally and will stand by your side throughout your claim. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Chamois, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.