Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Rock Hill, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Evaluation | Rock Hill, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Rock Hill, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause unthinkable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has devoted their careers to battling against powerful insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the people that hurt you responsible and get you the full financial recovery you need to truly heal. Reach out to a Rock Hill, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Rock Hill, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, in the United States in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian fatalities and over 76,000 injuries.
According to reporting from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in wrecks and 1,314 pedestrians were injured.
According to reporting from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers died in accidents and 3,138 suffered injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Rock Hill, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles are required to stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the road.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly enter traffic in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a road where a pedestrian bridge has been implemented.
- In both states, you cannot go across adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
As pedestrian laws in Missouri and Illinois are relatively intricate, it's essential to seek out a pedestrian accident lawyer in Rock Hill, MO immediately if you were injured in a pedestrian accident. Reach out to a pedestrian accident lawyer in Rock Hill, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Is Responsible for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Rock Hill, MO?
That will vary based on the exact causes of your injuries. Some of the parties we can seek compensation from are:
- The driver, for instance if they were driving drowsy, or otherwise driving recklessly.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability lawsuit, for example if a car's tires are prone to blowing out.
- The municipal body responsible for keeping a certain area safe, for example if there is poor lighting at night.
In some cases, we can hold various entities to blame. For example, if a drunk driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, we may be able to help you get a financial recovery from the driver and the government entity who were supposed to keep the area safe for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will explore every possible cause of your accident your accident in order to get you fair compensation you are entitled to. This is especially important if one party cannot pay all of your damages, and the rest exceeds your underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially At Fault for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Rock Hill, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's known as a "comparative negligence" rule. That means that you will get compensation for the share of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if your damages total $100,000, but the fact finder determines you were 40% at fault, you would only receive $60,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from anything for your damages if you were more than 50% responsible.
Trying to move blame onto you is a common trick insurance companies use to devalue claims. Your Rock Hill, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to counter those tricks and get you the financial recovery you deserve.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Rock Hill, MO Help With My Case?
Your Rock Hill, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will employ our legal experience to level the playing field. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We work to give you a personalized, client-based experience where you know exactly where your case is at. In addition, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Acquire all evidence to help with your claim, such as eyewitness testimony, surveillance video, police records and more.
- Work alongside our network of Rock Hill, MO collision experts to help ascertain fault for your injuries.
- Work with our network of Rock Hill, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can spend your energy on healing.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when the insurance company will not be fair in mediation.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That will vary depending on the individual circumstances of your case, the gravity of your injuries and the talent and drive of your Rock Hill, MO injury claim lawyer. With our assistance you can collect compensation for:
- Property damage, like damage to your car
- Lost wages for any time periods where your injury did not allow you to work
- Decreased earning capacity if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your job
- Medical bills, for example:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up visits
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or car
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
Your Rock Hill, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Rock Hill, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the these links to find out what other services we offer in Rock Hill, MO:
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Rock Hill, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a family member was hurt in an accident because of someone else's carelessness, your Rock Hill, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight for you to get you the compensation you are owed. You do not have to go it alone when someone else turns your life upside down. Our Rock Hill, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side until you get justice for your injuries. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Rock Hill, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.