Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Glen Carbon, IL Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Evaluation | Glen Carbon, IL Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Glen Carbon, IL. Pedestrian accidents can cause unthinkable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has devoted their careers to battling against powerful insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to fight for your your rights on your behalf, hold the person or corporation that injured you accountable and secure you the fair compensation you need to truly recover. Get in touch with a Glen Carbon, IL pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Glen Carbon, IL Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, across the whole country in 2019, 6,205 non-passengers were killed in car accidents and 76,000 were injured.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in accidents and 1,314 pedestrians suffered injuries.
According to reporting from the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians were killed in wrecks and 3,138 suffered injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Glen Carbon, IL?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must adhere to according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles are required to yield to a pedestrian that is halfway across the street.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly run in front of a car in a way that a driver will not be able to account for them before hitting them.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a street where a overhead pedestrian crossing has been placed.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cross between adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your injury claim. Get in touch with a pedestrian accident lawyer in Glen Carbon, IL straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Is at-Fault for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Glen Carbon, IL?
That can be any one or a variety of parties. Some of the parties we can seek compensation from are:
- The driver, for example if they were running a red light, or otherwise driving carelessly.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer in a product liability case, for example if a motorcycle wobbles at high speeds.
- The public agency responsible for overseeing the security of an intersection or street, for example if there are malfunctioning traffic lights.
In some cases, multiple parties may share accountability. For example, if a drowsy driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, it may be possible to seek compensation from the driver and the government body who were supposed to keep the area safe for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible to blame party in your accident in order to get you the best possible compensation you are owed. This is extremely important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Glen Carbon, IL if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's referred to as a "comparative negligence" rule. In either state, you will collect compensation for the portion of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if your damages total $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would would not be able to collect anything if you were more than 50% responsible.
Trying to move blame onto you is a common trick insurance companies use to devalue claims. Your Glen Carbon, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will handle the insurance adjuster and make sure you are not manipulated by a powerful insurance company.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Glen Carbon, IL Do for Me?
Your Glen Carbon, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will implement our legal knowledge to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to pay you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We work to keep you informed throughout your claim. Furthermore, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, including eyewitness dispositions, surveillance video, police reports and more.
- Work in tandem with our network of Glen Carbon, IL collision experts to help ascertain accountability in your claim.
- Work in tandem with our network of Glen Carbon, IL medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Handle all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can spend your energy on recovering.
- Make sure the insurance adjuster know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when we cannot get a fair financial recovery in negotiations.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That will vary depending on the particulars of your injury, the seriousness of your injuries and the talent and dedication of your Glen Carbon, IL injury claim lawyer. With our help you can collect compensation for:
- Property damage, for instance damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages for any time periods where your injury did not permit you to work
- Diminished earning potential if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your job
- Medical bills, like:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Glen Carbon, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Glen Carbon, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Check out the links below to find out what other services we offer in Glen Carbon, IL:
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
Glen Carbon, IL Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you love was hurt in an accident because of someone else's recklessness, trust in your Glen Carbon, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. You should not have to suffer because of someone else's mistakes. We take all of our client's cases in Glen Carbon, IL personally and will stand by your side until the responsible parties are held accountable. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Glen Carbon, IL today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.