Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Des Peres, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | Des Peres, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Des Peres, MO. Pedestrians are at increased risk when drivers act thoughtless, and pedestrian accidents can cause terrible injuries that lead to unanticipated financial, emotional and physical hardships for the injured party. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has dedicated their careers to battling against large insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the people that injured you responsible and get you the complete compensation you need to be made whole again. Get in touch with a Des Peres, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Des Peres, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that, across the entire country in 2019, 6,205 pedestrians were killed and 76,000 were injured.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in collisions and 1,314 non-passengers sustained injuries.
According to the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians were killed in wrecks and 3,138 sustained injuries.
Do Pedestrians Always Have the Right of Way in Des Peres, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must abide by according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When traffic signals are not present, vehicles must stop when a pedestrian is approaching the halfway point in the road.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly run into traffic in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a road where a overhead pedestrian crossing has been provided.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot go across adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's essential to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in Des Peres, MO in your corner who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer in Des Peres, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Is Responsible for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Des Peres, MO?
That can be any one or a variety of parties. Some of the entities your attorney at Halvorsen Klote can hold responsible are:
- The driver, for example if they were driving drunk, or otherwise driving recklessly.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer, vendor or mechanic in a product liability lawsuit, for example if an SUV is prone to rolling over.
- The government agency responsible for keeping a particular area safe, for example if there a sign that makes someone crossing the street or on the side of the road difficult to see from a car.
In some claims, multiple parties may share responsibility. For example, if a distracted driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, you may be able to make a claim against the driver and the public body responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will conduct a full investigation into your accident in order to get you the full financial recovery you are owed. This is especially important if one party cannot pay all of your damages, and the rest exceeds your underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Des Peres, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. That means that you will get compensation for the percentage of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if your damages total $100,000, but the fact finder determines you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get you could still receive $1,000 for that injury. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would would not be able to collect anything if most of the accident was your fault.
Attempting to move blame onto you is a common deception insurance companies use to avoid paying out claims. Your Des Peres, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will handle the insurance adjuster and ensure you are not manipulated by an uncaring insurance company.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Des Peres, MO Do for Me?
Your Des Peres, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will use our legal expertise to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to compensate you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we will immediately work to identify who is liable for your injuries. We work to give you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family. Additionally, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, such as eyewitness dispositions, surveillance video, police reports and more.
- Work alongside our network of Des Peres, MO collision experts to help ascertain fault in your claim.
- Work in concert with our network of Des Peres, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can focus on recovering.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury when the insurance adjuster will not be fair in mediation.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the particulars of your injury, the extent of your damages and the expertise of your Des Peres, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you be awarded a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for instance damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages for any time periods where your injury did not permit you to work
- Lowered earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical expenses, for instance:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Your Des Peres, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Des Peres, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the these links to discover what other services we offer in Des Peres, MO:
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
Des Peres, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you love was harmed in an accident because of someone else's negligence, trust in your Des Peres, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. You do not have to go it alone when someone else turns your life upside down. We take all of our client's cases in Des Peres, MO personally and will stand by your side throughout your claim. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Des Peres, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.