Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Pevely, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Review | Pevely, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Pevely, MO. Pedestrians are at heightened risk when drivers act recklessly, and pedestrian accidents can cause devastating injuries that result in unanticipated economic, emotional and physical difficulties for the victims. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team serves the injured throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by providing them with the talented legal representation that large insurance companies use to avoid paying people the compensation they're entitled to. We are here to defend your rights, hold the people that hurt you accountable and win you the maximum financial recovery you need to truly heal. Reach out to a Pevely, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Pevely, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, nationwide in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian deaths and over 76,000 injuries.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in accidents and 1,314 pedestrians were hurt.
According to data from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers were killed in wrecks and 3,138 suffered injuries.
What Are the Pedestrian Laws in Pevely, MO?
While drivers owe everyone else on the Pevely, MO roads a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles should stop when a pedestrian is approaching halfway over the road.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly run in front of a car in a way that a driver will not be able to see them in time.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, they must wait for vehicles to pass before stopping.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a overhead pedestrian crossing has been placed.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cross at adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's vital to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in Pevely, MO by your side who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Reach out to a pedestrian accident lawyer in Pevely, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Is to Blame for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Pevely, MO?
That will vary based on the exact causes of your injuries. Some of the parties commonly found responsible are:
- The driver, for instance if they were not paying attention, or otherwise driving negligently.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability case, for instance if a motorcycle wobbles at high speeds.
- The municipal body who are charged with keeping a particular area safe, for example if there a sign that makes a pedestrian difficult to see from a driver's perspective.
In some claims, we can hold various people, companies and organizations liable. For example, if a drowsy driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, we may be able to help you make a claim against the driver and the public body responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible at-fault party in your accident in order to secure you fair compensation you deserve. This is particularly important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Pevely, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's referred to as a "comparative negligence" rule. In either state, you will get compensation for the part of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if the sum of your damages is $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would would not be able to collect any compensation if the majority of the accident was your fault.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative negligence to lessen your payout, or avoid reimbursing you altogether. Your Pevely, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will deal directly with the insurance adjuster and make sure you are not mistreated by a selfish insurance company.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Pevely, MO Do for Me?
Your Pevely, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will utilize our legal expertise to level the playing field. When you hire us, we start investigating immediately. We also give you a personalized, client-based experience where you know exactly where your case is at. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all relevant evidence, such as eyewitness testimony, security footage, police records and more.
- Work in concert with our network of Pevely, MO collision experts to help ascertain fault in your claim.
- Work in concert with our network of Pevely, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Handle all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can focus on recovering.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when the insurance adjuster will not be fair in negotiations.
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Receive?
That will vary depending on the individual circumstances of your injury, the scope of your damages and the talent and dedication of your Pevely, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you recover compensation for:
- Property damage, for example damage to your vehicle
- Wage loss for any time periods where your injury did not allow you to work
- Diminished earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical bills, for example:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Pevely, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Pevely, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the these links to discover what other services we offer in Pevely, MO:
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Pevely, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you care about was harmed in an accident that was not their fault, trust in your Pevely, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. Our Pevely, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side throughout your claim. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Pevely, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.