Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Warrenton, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | Warrenton, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Warrenton, MO. Pedestrians are at increased risk when drivers act carelessly, and pedestrian accidents can cause devastating injuries that create immediate financial, emotional and physical hardships for the injured party. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team aids the the injured and vulnerable throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by providing them with the exceptional legal support that large insurance companies use to avoid paying people the compensation they're entitled to. We are here to fight for your your rights on your behalf, hold the person or corporation that harmed you responsible and get you the maximum financial recovery you need to truly recover. Get in touch with a Warrenton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Warrenton, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that, across the whole country in 2019, 6,205 non-passengers were killed in car accidents and 76,000 were injured.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in collisions and 1,314 pedestrians were hurt.
According to the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers died in crashes and 3,138 were injured.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Warrenton, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe everyone else on the Warrenton, MO roads a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When there are no traffic signals, vehicles are required to yield to a pedestrian that is approaching the halfway point in the road.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden leave a curb in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a street where a overhead pedestrian crossing has been placed.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot travel between adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your injury claim. Get in touch with a pedestrian accident lawyer in Warrenton, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Is at-Fault for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Warrenton, MO?
That will vary based on the exact causes of your injuries. Some of the entities commonly found at-fault include:
- The driver, for instance if they were driving drowsy, or otherwise driving negligently.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer, dealer or mechanic in a product liability claim, for instance if a motorcycle wobbles at high speeds.
- The public body who are charged with keeping a particular area safe, for example if there are malfunctioning traffic lights.
In some cases, we can hold various parties accountable. For example, if a distracted driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, you may be able to make a claim against the driver and the public body who were supposed to keep the area secure for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will conduct a full investigation into your accident in order to secure you full compensation you are entitled to. This is extremely important if if one party, in combination with your underinsured motorist coverage, is not able to cover all of your damages.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Warrenton, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. That means that you will recover compensation for the part of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if your damages total $100,000, but the fact finder determines you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get you could still receive $1,000 for that injury. However, in Illinois, pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from anything for your damages if most of the accident was your fault.
Trying to shift blame onto you is a common tactic insurance companies use to avoid paying out claims. Your Warrenton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to fight back against those tricks and get you the compensation you are entitled to.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Warrenton, MO Do for Me?
Your Warrenton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will employ our legal expertise to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to pay you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we will immediately work to identify who is liable for your injuries. We work to keep you informed throughout your claim. Furthermore, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all evidence to help with your claim, including eyewitness testimony, photographs, police reports and more.
- Work alongside our network of Warrenton, MO wreck experts to help ascertain fault for your injuries.
- Work with our network of Warrenton, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can focus on healing.
- Stand up to insurance companies who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight to trial when we cannot get the compensation you are owed in mediation.
How Much Compensation Should I Expect to Collect?
That depends on the individual circumstances of your injury, the severity of your injuries and the talent and drive of your Warrenton, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can recover compensation for:
- Property damage, for example damage to your car
- Lost wages for any time periods where your injury did not permit you to work
- Decreased earning potential if your injuries result in disability
- Medical costs, such as:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Warrenton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Warrenton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Take a look at the these links to see what other services we offer in Warrenton, MO:
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
Warrenton, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you love was harmed in an accident that was not their fault, trust in your Warrenton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. You do not have to go it alone when someone else turns your life upside down. Our Warrenton, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side until the responsible parties are held accountable. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Warrenton, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.