Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Concord, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Review | Concord, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Concord, MO. Pedestrians are at heightened risk when drivers act thoughtless, and pedestrian accidents can cause terrible injuries that result in sudden economic, emotional and physical burdens for the injured party. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team helps the the injured and vulnerable throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by giving them the skillful legal support that large insurance companies have access to. We are here to defend your rights, hold the people that harmed you accountable and secure you the maximum compensation you need to truly heal. Call a Concord, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Concord, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, nationwide in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian fatalities and over 76,000 injuries.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in accidents and 1,314 non-passengers suffered injuries.
According to the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians were killed in wrecks and 3,138 suffered injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Concord, MO?
While drivers owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must follow according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When traffic signals are not present, vehicles are required to stop when a pedestrian is approaching halfway over the road.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly run in front of a car in a way that a driver will not be able to see them in time.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a pedestrian tunnel has been placed.
- In both states, you cannot cross at adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your case. Call a pedestrian accident lawyer in Concord, MO today at 866-382-4167.
Who Is at-Fault for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Concord, MO?
That can be any one or a variety of parties. Some of the parties your attorney at Halvorsen Klote can hold at-fault include:
- The driver, for instance if they were driving drunk, or otherwise driving recklessly.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer in a product liability claim, for example if an SUV is prone to rolling over.
- The government agency who are charged with overseeing the security of an intersection or street, for example if there a sign that makes a pedestrian difficult to see from a vehicle.
In some claims, multiple entities may share accountability. For example, if a drunk driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, we may be able to help you seek compensation from the driver and the municipal agency who were supposed to keep the area safe for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will conduct a full investigation into your accident in order to secure you the best possible financial recovery you deserve. This is extremely important if one party cannot pay all of your damages, and the rest exceeds your underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially At Fault for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Concord, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. In a comparative fault state, you may still collect compensation for your compensation, but it will be reduced based on the your portion of the blame for the accident. For example, if the sum of your damages is $100,000, but the fact finder determines you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would would not be able to collect anything if you were more than 50% responsible.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative negligence to lessen your payout, or avoid compensating you entirely. Your Concord, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to combat those tricks and get you the compensation you are entitled to.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Concord, MO Help With My Case?
Your Concord, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will implement our legal skill to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to reimburse you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we start investigating immediately. We work to give you a personalized, client-based experience where you know exactly where your case is at. In addition, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Acquire all relevant evidence, including eyewitness dispositions, photographs, police reports and more.
- Work in tandem with our network of Concord, MO crash experts to help determine fault in your claim.
- Work in concert with our network of Concord, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Handle all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can focus on recovering.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury when the insurance company will not be fair in mediation.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the particulars of your injury, the extent of your damages and the talent and drive of your Concord, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you receive compensation for:
- Property damage, like damage to your car
- Lost wages from time spent recovering
- Diminished earning potential if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical expenses, such as:
- Urgent care visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Concord, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Concord, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Check out the following links to see what other services we offer in Concord, MO:
Concord, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a family member was hurt in an accident that was not their fault, trust in your Concord, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. You should not have to suffer because of someone else's mistakes. We take all of our client's cases in Concord, MO personally and will stand by your side throughout your claim. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Concord, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.