Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
St. Louis County, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Review | St. Louis County, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in St. Louis County, MO. Pedestrians are at heightened risk when drivers act recklessly, and pedestrian accidents can cause horrible injuries that create immediate financial, emotional and physical hardships for the injured party. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team aids the injured throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by giving them the skillful legal advocacy that large insurance companies use to avoid paying people the compensation they're entitled to. We are here to defend your rights, hold the people that harmed you responsible and get you the full compensation you need to be made whole again. Reach out to a St. Louis County, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | St. Louis County, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, across the entire country in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian fatalities and over 76,000 injuries.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in collisions and 1,314 pedestrians sustained injuries.
According to reporting from the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers were killed in accidents and 3,138 suffered injuries.
What Are the Pedestrian Laws in St. Louis County, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe everyone else on the St. Louis County, MO roads a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When traffic signals are not present, vehicles are required to stop when a pedestrian is approaching the halfway point in the road.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly leave a curb in a way that a driver will not be able to account for them before hitting them.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a highway where a pedestrian tunnel has been provided.
- In both states, you cannot travel across adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your injury claim. Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer in St. Louis County, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in St. Louis County, MO?
That depends on the specifics of your case. Some of the entities we can seek compensation from include:
- The driver, for instance if they were running a red light, or otherwise driving carelessly.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer, vendor or mechanic in a product liability case, for example if a car's tires are prone to blowing out.
- The municipal entity responsible for overseeing the safety of an intersection or street, for example if there are malfunctioning traffic lights.
In some claims, we can hold various parties at-fault. For example, if a distracted driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, it may be possible to make a claim against the driver and the public entity responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will conduct a full investigation into your accident in order to win you full compensation you are entitled to. This is extremely important if if one party, in combination with your underinsured motorist coverage, is not able to pay for all of your damages.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in St. Louis County, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. That means that you may still recover compensation for your compensation, but it will be decreased depending on the percentage of fault you share for the accident. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder determines you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from anything if most of the accident was your fault.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative fault to lessen your payout, or avoid compensating you altogether. Your St. Louis County, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to resist those tricks and get you the financial recovery you deserve.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in St. Louis County, MO Help With My Case?
Your St. Louis County, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will use our legal expertise to get justice for you and your family. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We work to give you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family. Additionally, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all evidence to help with your claim, including eyewitness dispositions, security footage, police records and more.
- Work with our network of St. Louis County, MO collision experts to help determine accountability in your claim.
- Work with our network of St. Louis County, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Handle all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can spend your energy on healing.
- Stand up to insurance companies who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case to trial when the insurance adjuster will not be fair in negotiations.
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Receive?
That will vary depending on the particulars of your accident, the seriousness of your injuries and the talent and drive of your St. Louis County, MO injury claim lawyer. With our assistance you can recover a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for instance damage to your car
- Wage loss for any time periods where your injury did not permit you to work
- Reduced earning potential if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical expenses, for example:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up visits
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Your St. Louis County, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your St. Louis County, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Check out the following links to find out what other services we offer in St. Louis County, MO:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
St. Louis County, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you love was hurt in an accident that was not their fault, your St. Louis County, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. Our St. Louis County, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side until the responsible parties are held accountable. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in St. Louis County, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.