Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Alton, IL Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | Alton, IL Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Alton, IL. Pedestrian accidents can cause unimaginable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has pledged their careers to battling against large insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the person or corporation that hurt you accountable and secure you the complete compensation you need to truly recover. Reach out to a Alton, IL pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Alton, IL Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that, across the entire country in 2019, 6,205 pedestrians were killed and 76,000 were injured.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in collisions and 1,314 non-passengers suffered injuries.
According to the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers were killed in accidents and 3,138 were harmed.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Alton, IL?
While drivers owe everyone else on the Alton, IL roads a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles must yield to a pedestrian that is approaching halfway over the road.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden enter traffic in a way that a driver will not be able to see them in time.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, they must wait for vehicles to pass before stopping.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a street where a overhead pedestrian crossing has been implemented.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot go between adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's key to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in Alton, IL by your side who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Call a pedestrian accident lawyer in Alton, IL today at 866-382-4167.
Who Is at-Fault for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Alton, IL?
That will vary based on the exact causes of your injuries. Some of the people, companies and organizations we can seek compensation from include:
- The driver, for example if they were not paying attention, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a careless way.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer, dealer or mechanic in a product liability lawsuit, for example if a car's tires are prone to blowing out.
- The public agency responsible for keeping a certain area safe, for example if there is lack of signage.
In some claims, multiple people, companies and organizations may share accountability. For example, if a drunk driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, you may be able to get a financial recovery from the driver and the public entity who were supposed to keep the area safe for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will explore every possible contributing factor to your accident your accident in order to get you the maximum financial recovery you deserve. This is vitally important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially At Fault for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Alton, IL?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. That means that you will recover compensation for the share of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if your damages total $100,000, but the fact finder determines you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get you could still receive $1,000 for that injury. However, in Illinois, under 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would would not be able to collect anything if you were more than 50% responsible.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative fault to lessen your payout, or avoid compensating you entirely. Your Alton, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to combat those tricks and get you the compensation you are entitled to.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Alton, IL Help With My Case?
Your Alton, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will employ our legal expertise to level the playing field. When you hire us, we will immediately work to determine who is liable for your injuries. We also give you a personalized, client-based experience where you know exactly where your case is at. Furthermore, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Acquire all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, including eyewitness testimony, pictures, police reports and more.
- Work in concert with our network of Alton, IL wreck experts to help determine fault in your claim.
- Work alongside our network of Alton, IL medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can focus on healing.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when we cannot get the compensation you are owed in negotiations.
How Much Compensation Should I Expect to Receive?
That depends on the specifics of your case, the extent of your damages and the talent and dedication of your Alton, IL injury claim lawyer. We can help you be awarded compensation for:
- Property damage, for example damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Reduced earning potential if your injuries result in disability
- Medical costs, like:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up visits
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Alton, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Alton, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Take a look at the following links to see what other services we offer in Alton, IL:
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Alton, IL Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a loved one was hurt in an accident that was not their fault, trust in your Alton, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. Our Alton, IL clients matter to us and we will stand by your side throughout your claim. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Alton, IL today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.