Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Marlborough, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Evaluation | Marlborough, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Marlborough, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause inconceivable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has committed their careers to battling against large insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the person or corporation that harmed you accountable and win you the maximum compensation you need to be made whole again. Call a Marlborough, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Marlborough, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that, nationwide in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian fatalities and over 76,000 injuries.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in crashes and 1,314 non-passengers were hurt.
According to data from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers were killed in collisions and 3,138 were harmed.
Do Pedestrians Always Have the Right of Way in Marlborough, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe everyone else on the Marlborough, MO roads a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must follow according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles should yield to a pedestrian that is approaching halfway over the road.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden enter traffic in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a highway where a pedestrian tunnel has been provided.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cross between adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your case. Call a pedestrian accident lawyer in Marlborough, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Marlborough, MO?
That depends on the specifics of your case. Some of the entities we can seek compensation from are:
- The driver, for example if they were driving drunk, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a careless manner.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability lawsuit, for example if an SUV is prone to rolling over.
- The government entity who are charged with overseeing the security of an intersection or road, for example if there is is a high-traffic area that suffers from poor lighting.
In some cases, multiple entities may share responsibility. For example, if a distracted driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, we may be able to help you seek compensation from the driver and the government entity responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will explore every possible cause of your accident your accident in order to get you full compensation you are owed. This is especially important if if one party, in conjunction with your underinsured motorist coverage, is not able to reimburse you for all of your damages.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Marlborough, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's called a "comparative negligence" rule. In either state, you will recover compensation for the share of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if the sum of your damages is $100,000, but the fact finder determines you were 40% at fault, you would only receive $60,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, under 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would would not be able to collect anything if you bear over half of the liability for the accident.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative fault to lessen your payout, or avoid compensating you entirely. Your Marlborough, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will deal directly with the insurance adjuster and make sure you are not manipulated by an unsympathetic insurance company.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Marlborough, MO Do for Me?
Your Marlborough, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will employ our legal expertise to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to reimburse you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we will immediately work to identify who is liable for your injuries. We work to give you a personalized, client-based experience where you know exactly where your case is at. In addition, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Acquire all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, such as eyewitness dispositions, pictures, police reports and more.
- Work in tandem with our network of Marlborough, MO crash experts to help ascertain accountability in your claim.
- Work with our network of Marlborough, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can spend your energy on healing.
- Make sure the insurance adjuster know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight to trial when the insurance adjuster will not be fair in mediation.
How Much Compensation Should I Expect to Receive?
That depends on the particulars of your case, the scope of your damages and the expertise of your Marlborough, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can recover a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, like damage to your vehicle
- Wage loss for any time periods where your injury did not permit you to work
- Reduced earning potential if your injuries result in disability
- Medical expenses, for example:
- Urgent care visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or car
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Marlborough, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Marlborough, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Check out the following links to find out what other services we offer in Marlborough, MO:
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Marlborough, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a family member was hurt in an accident that was not their fault, trust in your Marlborough, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. Our Marlborough, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side until the responsible parties are held accountable. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Marlborough, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.