Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
St. Louis, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | St. Louis, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO. Pedestrians are at heightened risk when drivers act carelessly, and pedestrian accidents can cause horrible injuries that lead to sudden financial, emotional and physical burdens for the victims. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has dedicated their careers to battling against powerful insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the people that injured you responsible and win you the complete compensation you need to be made whole again. Get in touch with a St. Louis, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | St. Louis, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that, in the United States in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian deaths and over 76,000 injuries.
According to reporting from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in collisions and 1,314 non-passengers were harmed.
According to reporting from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers were killed in wrecks and 3,138 were injured.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in St. Louis, MO?
While drivers owe everyone else on the St. Louis, MO roads a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles must stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the road.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly enter traffic in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, they must wait for vehicles to pass before stopping.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a overhead pedestrian crossing has been implemented.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot go across adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your case. Get in touch with a pedestrian accident lawyer in St. Louis, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Is Liable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in St. Louis, MO?
That depends on the specifics of your case. Some of the people, companies and organizations we can seek compensation from include:
- The driver, for instance if they were driving distracted, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a reckless way.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability case, for instance if an SUV is prone to rolling over.
- The public body who are charged with keeping a certain area safe, for example if there is lack of signage.
In some cases, we can hold various entities liable. For example, if a distracted driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, we may be able to help you get a financial recovery from the driver and the public entity responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will explore every possible cause of your accident your accident in order to win you the maximum financial recovery you deserve. This is particularly important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in St. Louis, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. That means that you will be awarded compensation for the portion of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if the sum of your damages is $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, under 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would would not be able to collect any compensation if most of the accident was your fault.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative fault to lessen your payout, or avoid reimbursing you entirely. Your St. Louis, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will handle the insurance adjuster and ensure you are not manipulated by a callous insurance company.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO Help With My Case?
Your St. Louis, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will use our legal expertise to get justice for you and your family. When you hire us, we will immediately work to identify who is liable for your injuries. We also give you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family. Additionally, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Acquire all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, including eyewitness dispositions, surveillance video, police reports and more.
- Work with our network of St. Louis, MO crash experts to help determine fault for your injuries.
- Work with our network of St. Louis, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can spend your energy on recovering.
- Fight back against insurance adjusters who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case to trial when we cannot get a fair financial recovery in mediation.
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Collect?
That will vary depending on the individual circumstances of your accident, the extent of your damages and the expertise of your St. Louis, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you collect a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, like damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Diminished earning potential if your injuries have permanent effects on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical bills, for example:
- Urgent care visits
- Subsequent doctors' appointments
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your St. Louis, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your St. Louis, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Check out the these links to discover what other services we offer in St. Louis, MO:
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
St. Louis, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you love was injured in an accident because of someone else's negligence, trust in your St. Louis, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. We take all of our client's cases in St. Louis, MO personally and will stand by your side until you get justice for your injuries. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in St. Louis, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.