Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Bowling Green, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | Bowling Green, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Bowling Green, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause unthinkable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has pledged their careers to battling against powerful insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to fight for your your rights on your behalf, hold the people that injured you responsible and secure you the full financial recovery you need to truly heal. Reach out to a Bowling Green, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Bowling Green, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that, nationwide in 2019, 6,205 pedestrians were killed and 76,000 were injured.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in wrecks and 1,314 pedestrians sustained injuries.
According to reporting from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians died in crashes and 3,138 suffered injuries.
Do Pedestrians Always Have the Right of Way in Bowling Green, MO?
While drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must abide by according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When there are no traffic signals, vehicles should yield to a pedestrian that is halfway across the crosswalk.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly run in front of a car in a way that a driver will not be able to account for them before hitting them.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a pedestrian bridge has been placed.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot go between adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
Because pedestrian laws in Missouri and Illinois are relatively complex, it's key to seek out a pedestrian accident lawyer in Bowling Green, MO right away if you were hurt in a pedestrian accident. Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer in Bowling Green, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Bowling Green, MO?
That depends on the specifics of your case. Some of the people, companies and organizations we can seek compensation from include:
- The driver, for example if they were not paying attention, or otherwise driving recklessly.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer, vendor or mechanic in a product liability lawsuit, for instance if a motorcycle wobbles at high speeds.
- The government entity responsible for keeping a certain area safe, for example if there is lack of signage.
In some cases, multiple entities may share liability. For example, if a drunk driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, you may be able to seek compensation from the driver and the public entity responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will conduct a full investigation into your accident in order to get you the best possible financial recovery you are owed. This is extremely important if one party cannot pay all of your damages, and the rest exceeds your underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Bowling Green, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. That means that you might still get compensation for your injuries, but it will be lowered based on the your portion of the blame for the accident. For example, if the sum of your damages is $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you were 40% at fault, you would only receive $60,000.
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get 1% of your damages. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would would not be able to collect anything if you were more than 50% responsible.
Trying to move accountability onto you is a common deception insurance companies use to avoid paying out claims. Your Bowling Green, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will push back against the insurance adjuster and ensure you are not mistreated by a powerful insurance company.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Bowling Green, MO Help With My Case?
Your Bowling Green, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will utilize our legal skill to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to pay you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we start investigating immediately. We work to give you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family. In addition, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, such as eyewitness dispositions, surveillance video, police reports and more.
- Work in concert with our network of Bowling Green, MO accident experts to help determine accountability for your injuries.
- Work in tandem with our network of Bowling Green, MO medical experts to exactly value your damages.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can focus on healing.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case to trial when the insurance adjuster will not be fair in negotiations.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the individual circumstances of your accident, the scope of your damages and the skill of your Bowling Green, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you secure compensation for:
- Property damage, for instance damage to your car
- Lost wages if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Lowered earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical costs, for example:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up visits
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
Your Bowling Green, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Bowling Green, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the following links to see what other services we offer in Bowling Green, MO:
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Bowling Green, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a family member was harmed in an accident because of someone else's negligence, trust in your Bowling Green, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. You do not have to go it alone when someone else turns your life upside down. Our Bowling Green, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side throughout your claim. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Bowling Green, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.